Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NewCrest Ideas

I thought about creating this world, looking for what you put into it that you think makes it function well. Thanks so much for any ideas.

Comments

• Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I once outfitted Newcrest with 2 restaurants and then one of everything.... Then I deleted it :P
  • Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Yeah I am having problems figuring out what to put in, what is really necessary for game play.
  • Options
    Maybe a restaurant (if you have Dine Out), somewhere to hang out like a lounge, maybe a park if you want, a nightclub (if you want), a gym, a library (if you want.)

Just look through the list when your building stuff and see what appeals to you.
  • Options
    I am figuring it out, I decided to look at the other worlds and see what they had and look for something like that. Thanks for the ideas.
  • Options
    Your welcome!
  • Options
    applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    In mine I have a bar, park, cafe, museum (that looks like a church and acts as a wedding venue), Japanese restaurant, and... lots of houses. :smile: I tried to mix city and suburban style homes, most of them modern and with some cultural flair, since it appears to be on the edge of San Myshuno.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Mine is full of restaurants, bars, spas, vampire hangout. I wish we could save the world to use in new games instead of having to start over from scratch.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    My Newcrest world is made up with 2 restaurants (Dine Out needed), 2 retail establishments (Get To Work needed), 1 park and 10 residential lots.( I like to build houses ). I have 10 Played Households with 40 Sims living in them. I didn't build other types of lots because I felt their was enough of them already in my game.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    I have nothing but houses in Newcrest. I think I might open a store or two there.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    edited February 2017
    Mine is full of restaurants, bars, spas, vampire hangout. I wish we could save the world to use in new games instead of having to start over from scratch.

@catmando830 It's possible to make a 'starter' world save. Just start a new game, do the create a sim stuff, when you're done, select 'save as'. Once that's set up, you can add buildings, and set up the save the way you want. Then save and exit to main menu. Any time you want to start a new game, use that one, and make sure to use 'save as' under a different name. I have two starter saves; one with all the premades still there and the other with all the premades deleted, just the one sim from cas. Saves a lot of time and headache setting up the world every time I want to start a new game.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Every single save I start, I always do the same things to lots before I start playing.

First, I bulldoze the gym in oasis springs. That really is an ugly building and there is already a gym in Willow Creek that I like a lot better. I plop down my favorite spa there.

Next, a restaurant goes in the empty space in magnolia promenade. Depends on the save if I go with something cheap or a fancy place.

That leaves newcrest. All the lots along the right get turned into town areas. I have a new library I always use, then more restaurants, night clubs, random places like the lost garden of healing, wedding venues, store, ect. Depends on the save which buildings I put down.

Then at the top with the small 20x15 lots, I make the poor section of town with residential houses. With the exception of Midtown meadows which gets turned into this beautiful park I downloaded and use every single time. It's also nice that there is a fishing spot right next to the park this way.

Then the other lots at the bottom are also residential but for the richer sims.

I sometimes place empty houses on the lots for MC to fill with townies, especially if my sim is going to be living in newcrest.

@catmando830 Same! I wish I could save this setup to use every time I make a new save.
    @Teslachick2 That's a really smart idea. Except I'd probably save over it. haha. Anyway, I will try it. :)
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas, I appreciate the help.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Light Bulb B) Just went off !!!

Make a "save" template. Then use it for each new game. Just make sure you give it a new name.
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I removed all the community lots from every other town (that you can remove except in San Myshuno) to free up for housing and make Newcrest the community place, so I have a gym, parks, spa, restaurant, museum, library etc. It works well for me, I don't have to remember where everything is anymore I just go to the one place!
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I have a downtown Newcrest and a midtown Newcrest :) midtown is full of houses though and downtown isn't.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I am playing in Newcrest now I have two homes that I took from the inventory pre made houses. I don't furnish when I download that way I can decorate them the way I want to. I do the same with Restaurants or Businesses I download from the inventory sometimes I just leave them as they are and other times I redecorate them the way I want to.
  • Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    Have you seen Newlyn Hills by Jenba? She has made an amazing CC free save where she's rebuilt Magnolia Promenade, Willow Creek & Newcrest. It's on her tumblr if you want to look.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I thought about creating this world, looking for what you put into it that you think makes it function well. Thanks so much for any ideas.

The only idea I have for Newcrest is that it's time for a second Newcrest. :) But this time instead of it being a Willow Creek rehash let's get a new free world in a polluted town named "Skunky Mist" where Sims will constantly get tense moodlets from air pollution, ground pollution, and NPC farters who actually think that's funny when really it's no different then air pollution.....
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    There are some great ideas for Newcrest above. I still have a few blank lots in Newcrest but it's mostly turning into a hangout/venue space for me. I don't actually have any houses there though I have space for a few on larger lots.

I have two restaurants there, Hogan's Burger Bar and The Diving Pelican that came with Dine Out. (I have Chez Llama in Magnolia Promenade, Sunny Side Up Diner in Oasis Springs and L'Attente Bistro in Willow Creek. I customized all the menus a bit). I built a makeshift cinema with Movie Hangout Stuff that doubles as a lounge to attract random sims. I also have a bar and a nightclub next to each other and by Hogan's Burger Bar on the right side of the map. That is sort of like a "strip" in Newcrest with nightlife and a relaxed atmosphere. It's possible that there might be room for a bowling alley there eventually.

In another part of Newcrest, I have the Lost Gardens of Healing from Romantic Garden Stuff with a water view. It is a beautiful park for a date or to relax. On the upper left of the map, I put in a multi-purpose spa from Spa Day. I have the one that has a mix of everything: yoga, massage, a sauna, reflexology, baths, a small gym and a meditation area. That's a popular place for my sims to go before going out to dinner. I also added the small Newcrest Park and I built my own cemetary on one of the very small lots. I wish it were easier to get random sims to visit generic lots but that's a different subject.

Slightly off topic but the spa in Newcrest is so popular with my sims that I added a yoga studio in Oasis Springs by tearing down one of the rundown houses. Newcrest is a fun area for my sims and Oasis Springs is slowly redeveloping the sketchier part of town.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Have you seen Newlyn Hills by Jenba? She has made an amazing CC free save where she's rebuilt Magnolia Promenade, Willow Creek & Newcrest. It's on her tumblr if you want to look.

I am going to try to find this and take a look, thanks so much.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I love the elegant "harbor district" of Newcrest at the lake with the big fountain. I built a cruise ship and an opera house there:

newcrestp46fyqoci5.jpg
  • Options
    GouacheGouache Posts: 823 Member
    I put mostly all houses there. I usually have my sims move around because I get bored of the house they're in. I currently have 2 parks 5 houses and a ton of empty lots.
  • Options
    nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    I usually put houses all two areas and public places in the third. I like returns, spas, gyms, bars, nightclubs, cafes (which can also double as a library), museums/art gallery for creative sims, or a park, especially ones you can get married at.