Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The more I play the more I miss...

Been hitting the sims play hard here lately.
Noticed a lot of fires breaking out. Sure miss those fire fighters...
WbUrFQm.png

Comments

• Options
    Klassickicks22Klassickicks22 Posts: 179 Member
    Yes I had two fires within a few minutes from eachother. One was started from cooking then the other one was started from lighting an incense. I put an alarm in the kitchen and it was going off my sims were all panicing trying to put themselves and the fires out. I was looking around for the fire fighter then I remember oh yeah they don't exist. :D
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I miss the fire fighters. To this day I don't understand why they left them out alongside burglars and the police.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I have yet to see ANY fires in TS4. What are you people doing?!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I hope firefighters make a return. It'd be cool to have the career make a comeback as well.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Omg, I'm terrified of fires in Sims 4. I've been using the wishing well a lot and have had two fires from that.

I've been scared of them ever since soemone posted a pic of their burning lot and said it has been burning for two sim days. My sims would die if there was that big of a fire, there's no way to control it once it gets too big. Don't tyhink you can travel or go into build mode. I'd try moving out.
    Ugh, I'm so so scared of fires.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I've lost 2 sims bcuz of these fires. They were part of my legacy play but I didn't have their household active. They died at a family cookout.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options

I think when it comes to these glitches not everyone experiences them. I've noticed that throughout playing sims through every generation of the game.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    tara_lynnctara_lynnc Posts: 113 Member
    I experience fires all the time! They're worse in TS4 too because the whole household gets the "tense" moodlet for what feels like forever!
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Put a rug in front of the fireplace... just had a fire at my sims wedding.
  • Options

That's the only intentional way I know how to create a fire. But not ONE sim has even had a kitchen fire.

• Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2017

That's the only intentional way I know how to create a fire. But not ONE sim has even had a kitchen fire.

I had one kitchen fire when a teen attempted to cook, and a fire on a balcony in SM when a sim started a BBQ--and this all happened a day apart this week.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've put rugs in front of fireplaces and not had it catch fire. Occasionally I get a fire from a sim with very low cooking skill.

First thing I do is make my sim extinguish it. Or extinguish themselves. Whatever.

My sims never rely on handymen, or any other sim. They ALL learn how to cook, fish, garden, fix, etc.

I rather like independence over reliance.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited February 2017
    A surefire way to start a fire is with the pumpkin-carving station from the Spooky Stuff Pack. Carve several pumpkins, place them all on the floor, click on them to light candle, and them stomp on them. You may have to stomp on a few before the fire starts, but if you do enough you'll eventually get a fire. Of course, it'll set your Sim on fire too, but that's also a good way to get a ghost. :)
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    My sim and house caught on fire the other day when he lit fireworks too close to the house :o
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    So aside from starting fires intentionally (though now I'm tempted to go pumpkin stompin') -what ways can fires start without me forcing it? Like in 3, the birthday cake caught fire and burned down my whole sims kitchen one time.

Oh, and one time lightning struck my cloths line and charred it to bits.

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I miss the fire fighters. To this day I don't understand why they left them out alongside burglars and the police.

A good excuse for a new stuff pack
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've had several unintentional fires in the game though no one has died. They have had the good sense to extinguish it when I told them to. I've had a few fires from low level cooking. In one case, a sim did 13k sims worth of damage.

I've also had several fires start at the campfire in Outdoor Retreat. They love to light the fire. Normally it's fine but the wooden logs can randomly combust resulting in chaos.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited February 2017
    leetamme wrote: »
    Been hitting the sims play hard here lately.
    Noticed a lot of fires breaking out. Sure miss those fire fighters...

This just happened to me last session.

Fire breaks out here at the kids lab station... but by the time dad gets there the fire has already spread to the stairwell behind it.
    An impossible blaze to extinguish as the Dad just can't reach the heart of it.

02-23-17_7-38-21PM.png

02-23-17_7-32-37PM.png

Fearing for her husbands life and that of her infant son (who's crib just happens to be directly under the blaze...)

02-23-17_7-35-17PM.png

She bolts upstairs...staright through the fiery inferno...

02-23-17_7-42-07PM.png

And takes care of business.

02-23-17_7-46-14PM.png

02-23-17_7-35-32PM.png

(He did it) ^^
  • Options
    LOL! I never have these kinds of things happen. I feel left out lol.

• Options
    simloversimlover Posts: 106 Member
    I had a sim use his sim ray to put out the fire and he got a cool firefighter buff. It makes me hope they will bring them back
  • Options
    Now I have three gardeners stuck on my lot. Someone PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPP... how do I get rid of them?
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Now I have three gardeners stuck on my lot. Someone PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPP... how do I get rid of them?

Invite them to another lot?
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    After pulling my hair out trying to solve this problem; I clicked on them for a social interaction. Kept clicking on them until I got the "Ask To Leave" interaction. I had to do this several times for each gardener. But they eventually left my lot.

• Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Fires rarely happen to me, but I was pleasantly caught by surprise when one of my sims got the invention machine caught on fire at work one day. Notification came up saying "Discovered fire!" :joy:
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    Firefighters are a need for me! the first time I went back to sims 4 (haven't played for a little bit again, gets boring) my sim's landlord was in the apartment chasing rats while my sim was at work. He got hungry and went to cook, failed and started a fire that killed him and went through half the apartment.. Yes, as said: all while my sim (1 sim in the household) was at work! couldn't do anything but watch, cry a little, laugh a lot.. it was the most entertaining thing to happen and I wish it hadn't. lmao

Mt3xs7B.png
    mjiF4b6.png