Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    194143172121642b99e651f00d69627f6934ebd8.jpg

Me, the best? The legend has spoken. 🤣
    9rUt8eQ.png

Ohmergerd, and the singer of Colorblind followed me on Insta. XD He's obsessed with Vanish and Patrick. LOL.
    UrExgtf.png
    TRk059j.gif
    a55

Actually, some time ago, I told Patrick about Colorblind and then he followed Travis back so I managed to get them to be obsessed with each other.
    tCxI2v1.jpg?1

Why am I like this? Okay, I'll be quiet now. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    That's absolutely amazing, DeKay! Congratulations!

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Today's Q Q is something I saw on Tumblr:
    How do you pronounce the word "environment"?

En-vai-ment. Is it just me who doesn't pronounce the 'n' in the middle? XD But sometimes I also say it as En-vai-ruh-ment.

Thank you. 😃🥺🥺
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

En-vai-ment. Is it just me who doesn't pronounce the 'n' in the middle? XD But sometimes I also say it as En-vai-ruh-ment.

Thank you. 😃🥺🥺

You're not just not pronouncing the "n", that's skipping whole syllable 😂
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member

Thank you. 😃🥺🥺

I'm guilty as !@#$ of pronouncing it that way. Congratulations, DeKay on becoming an honorary secret American. I thought that pronunciation was uniquely ours. We Americans have a 'gift' for mispronouncing and misspelling words all the time, often intentionally just to be different from everybody else.
  • Options

Thank you. 😃🥺🥺

You're not just not pronouncing the "n", that's skipping whole syllable 😂

If people can shorten 'alright' to 'aight', I can do this too. LOL. :P

Thank you. 😃🥺🥺

I'm guilty as !@#$ of pronouncing it that way. Congratulations, DeKay on becoming an honorary secret American. I thought that pronunciation was uniquely ours. We Americans have a 'gift' for mispronouncing and misspelling words all the time, often intentionally just to be different from everybody else.

I thought it was the British way of pronouncing it. :O
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I say it "en-VY-ern-ment" as does everyone else I've heard almost without exception. VY rhymes with FLY just to be clear on that.

A weird one I have come across is that in certain parts of New England, Southern New England particularly, some people say "frustrated" as "fusstrated" and I think that's kind of funny.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    I say it "en-VY-ern-ment" as does everyone else I've heard almost without exception. VY rhymes with FLY just to be clear on that.

A weird one I have come across is that in certain parts of New England, Southern New England particularly, some people say "frustrated" as "fusstrated" and I think that's kind of funny.

Bruh, I think I pronounce frustrated/frustrating like "fusstrating" now that you mention it. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Pronunciations are usually regional and I guess it's our quirk here. I have never heard anybody that I can recall pronounce the second 'N'. I try to but more often than not fail. Learned something new tonight.
  • Options
    I'm currently browsing the What music are you listening to right now? thread, and @DaniRose2143, you have great musical taste!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member

Thank you. 😃🥺🥺

En-vai-er-ment.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I'm currently browsing the What music are you listening to right now? thread, and @DaniRose2143, you have great musical taste!

Thank you! There are lots of people on there with excellent taste.

• Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member

I'm British and pronounce it "en-vai-ruh-ment" as well (and say the 'vyro' bit quite fast). I've heard people in my area pronounce it "en-vi-yer-ment" as well.
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member

In-ve(o)r-ment
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    Ayee, I painted Damien. 😼
    cxAcLHa.png
    LNsBBus.png
    crying-cry.gif

My skin is clear, the plants and trees around my apartment are alive, I have 20/20 vision.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @DeKay Wow! That looks so cool and you got noticed too! Congrats are in order my sister!
  • Options
    In celebration of the Met Gala (that I see everywhere on Tumblr today), today's Q Q is:
    What is your fashion style like? Feel free to use pics or just describe.

Some of you guys might know this already.
    I mainly have 3 styles.

Fancy look (With suspenders and everything, sometimes with a neck tie.) (Eddie Berg is a such an icon. Asgkjhdkaj.):
    7iOWPBx.jpg?1

Grunge e-boy look (LOL.):
    a0290c5e85bbb2cfd21cc88610099f50.jpg

And then when I'm feeling lazy, I just throw a hoodie over a tee shirt and just look really bad cuz sometimes the colors are so off like a purple shirt with a gray hoodie. 😭 Bahaa.

DeKay Wow! That looks so cool and you got noticed too! Congrats are in order my sister!

Thank you, my dear. 🖤🖤 These bands guys be giving me my serotonin. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Thank you! There are lots of people on there with excellent taste.

So true! :)
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    In celebration of the Met Gala (that I see everywhere on Tumblr today), today's Q Q is:

I mainly have 3 styles.

Fancy look (With suspenders and everything, sometimes with a neck tie.) (Eddie Berg is a such an icon. Asgkjhdkaj.):
    7iOWPBx.jpg?1

And then when I'm feeling lazy, I just throw a hoodie over a tee shirt and just look really bad cuz sometimes the colors are so off like a purple shirt with a gray hoodie. 😭 Bahaa.

DeKay Wow! That looks so cool and you got noticed too! Congrats are in order my sister!

I was going to post some pictures but no matter how much text I add the forum software keeps telling me the body of my message is four characters short. So I'll just describe it then. This is all how I'm building my wardrobe now even though I'm still not out entirely. I'm getting close but not quite there yet.

My day to day look is jeans or tights with tees, tunics, and sweaters or hoodies in the winter. I love long tail tees and tunics. At 5'11" it is hard to find them long enough though. I want them to end between the knee and mid-thigh, but they usually end just below my but. Pair all that with boots or sneakers and there you have it. I do a lot of black tops with jeans, or if it's tights which are almost all dark colors then teal, purple, or white tops.

If I want to dress up a bit maybe grab a maxi skirt and a blazer in black over one of the tops I wear with tights. A pair of nice pants in black or dark blue if I don't want a skirt. Footwear doesn't change a lot other than maybe ditch the sneakers for a low heel, or wedge, tall boot. I need the cover from either pants or tall boots if I go with a skirt or even a dress to cover up my really scarred shins.
  • Options

I mainly have 3 styles.

7iOWPBx.jpg?1

I was going to post some pictures but no matter how much text I add the forum software keeps telling me the body of my message is four characters short. So I'll just describe it then. This is all how I'm building my wardrobe now even though I'm still not out entirely. I'm getting close but not quite there yet.

My day to day look is jeans or tights with tees, tunics, and sweaters or hoodies in the winter. I love long tail tees and tunics. At 5'11" it is hard to find them long enough though. I want them to end between the knee and mid-thigh, but they usually end just below my but. Pair all that with boots or sneakers and there you have it. I do a lot of black tops with jeans, or if it's tights which are almost all dark colors then teal, purple, or white tops.

If I want to dress up a bit maybe grab a maxi skirt and a blazer in black over one of the tops I wear with tights. A pair of nice pants in black or dark blue if I don't want a skirt. Footwear doesn't change a lot other than maybe ditch the sneakers for a low heel, or wedge, tall boot. I need the cover from either pants or tall boots if I go with a skirt or even a dress to cover up my really scarred shins.

That sounds so nice! I've always wanted to find long tail tees or long tail hoodies but it's very hard to find them. :(
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @DeKay They do make it difficult. Here in the US they are fairly easy to find but they are tailored for women who are much shorter than me. What we have here would probably fit you perfectly. Most of the stuff available here is for women under 5'6" or so.
  • Options
    DeKay They do make it difficult. Here in the US they are fairly easy to find but they are tailored for women who are much shorter than me. What we have here would probably fit you perfectly. Most of the stuff available here is for women under 5'6" or so.

I see. Maybe you try to find a small men's version. 🤣 Most times I can't find jeans that fit me so I have to get the men's jeans. Same with turtlenecks too. I have a turtleneck that is like really short. If I lift my arms, you would be able to see my belly and I hate that. 😭 So I had to get the men's ones. LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member

I mainly have 3 styles.

7iOWPBx.jpg?1

Similar to this, but not so conspicuous
    watch-dogs-legion-wrench_6115209.jpg
    And I often mix and match, which means that when I wear something like this on my upper body, my lower body is possibly semi-formal pants and dress shoes.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    DeKay They do make it difficult. Here in the US they are fairly easy to find but they are tailored for women who are much shorter than me. What we have here would probably fit you perfectly. Most of the stuff available here is for women under 5'6" or so.

I see. Maybe you try to find a small men's version. 🤣 Most times I can't find jeans that fit me so I have to get the men's jeans. Same with turtlenecks too. I have a turtleneck that is like really short. If I lift my arms, you would be able to see my belly and I hate that. 😭 So I had to get the men's ones. LOL.

I definitely have to for gym shoes. Not because I can't find my size, even though it is embarrassingly big, but because there is so much more cushioning in men's gym shoes. I mean what gives, why should men get comfy gym shoes and we don't? It's a huge difference.
  • Options
    Delay They do make it difficult. Here in the US they are fairly easy to find but they are tailored for women who are much shorter than me. What we have here would probably fit you perfectly. Most of the stuff available here is for women under 5'6" or so.

Do brands that make sizes in a "tall" option help or are they still too short?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top