Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is one favorite activity from childhood you wish you could do now?

Playing with Legos. My brother and I built a whole city in his bedroom. 🤣 And some of the residents were McDonald's Happy Meal toys. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Playing with Legos. My brother and I built a whole city in his bedroom. 🤣 And some of the residents were McDonald's Happy Meal toys. LOL.

That sounds awesome!

I miss playing imaginary games with whatever dolls or action figures I had at the time. They went on a lot of adventures in my garden. I used to make them move and act out the voices. I didn't really want to give it up but seemed that once you get to a certain age in childhood/ early teens imaginary play seems to only be socially acceptable if you're playing with/ looking after younger children, and is seen as very odd if you do it by yourself. (Which is a shame, because it has a lot of mental health benefits. More adults definitely need to play!)
    Thank goodness for art and creative writing!

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,848 Member
    I loved Legos. I had a huge box of them for the longest time. I really miss just being able to explore and let your imagination run free to create whole new worlds and adventures. New friends, being a whole different person or meeting all kinds of new, fascinating, quirky people. Coming up with new scenarios and dreams of a life in a different world....wait a minute....that all sounds sort of familiar....I have this vague feeling that I've come across something just like that here in the adult world, but I'm drawing a blank on what it's called.....🤔....Does that sound familiar to any of you?🤷‍♀️😁
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Figures. Just like the Sims, but without the long loadtime!
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    I loved Legos. I had a huge box of them for the longest time. I really miss just being able to explore and let your imagination run free to create whole new worlds and adventures. New friends, being a whole different person or meeting all kinds of new, fascinating, quirky people. Coming up with new scenarios and dreams of a life in a different world....wait a minute....that all sounds sort of familiar....I have this vague feeling that I've come across something just like that here in the adult world, but I'm drawing a blank on what it's called.....🤔....Does that sound familiar to any of you?🤷‍♀️😁

Hahaha, this is still me playing fake scenarios in my head before I go to sleep. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    @DeKay @DaniRose2143 so how come you can't play legos now if you want? I still enjoy sometimes to make a lego build, it's kind of meditative.

The only thing that I don't like is how modern legos are so soft and slippery, they're not tight like old-school legos so I'm glad I still have some old ones. I mean I need a brick separator for the old ones, but the new ones make wobbly builds that barely hold together.

I just saw some Sims1 playthroughs on Youtube that made me wish I could fire up sims1 on my puter. I should look into it again and see if there's a way. Can't beat that music from Sims1! Sims2 is pretty awesome though.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    @DeKay @ignominiusrex I can't play with Legos now....it would obviously interrupt my playing the Sims. Ugh, men!🙄lol
  • Options
    DeKay DaniRose2143 so how come you can't play legos now if you want? I still enjoy sometimes to make a lego build, it's kind of meditative.

The only thing that I don't like is how modern legos are so soft and slippery, they're not tight like old-school legos so I'm glad I still have some old ones. I mean I need a brick separator for the old ones, but the new ones make wobbly builds that barely hold together.

I just saw some Sims1 playthroughs on Youtube that made me wish I could fire up sims1 on my puter. I should look into it again and see if there's a way. Can't beat that music from Sims1! Sims2 is pretty awesome though.

All the Legos belong to my brother now and we're not in talking terms anymore. Plus, I just become even more lazy now and like to just watch videos on Youtube or movies to chill out.... apart from my digital painting of course. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    What was that old Lego ripoff? Megablox?
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is a this or that:
    Ketchup or mustard?

Ketchup!! I don't mind mustard but some of them have honey in them which I'm allergic to so I tend to just avoid most mustard.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Ketchup or mustard?

Ketchup!! I don't mind mustard but some of them have honey in them which I'm allergic to so I tend to just avoid most mustard.

Ketchup on anything potato related, or a burger. But NEVER ketchup on a hotdog, that's just horrifying. Mustard on hot dogs (even if it's a vegan one), ketchup on burgers, that's the natural order of things.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Ketchup or mustard?

Ketchup on anything potato related, or a burger. But NEVER ketchup on a hotdog, that's just horrifying. Mustard on hot dogs (even if it's a vegan one), ketchup on burgers, that's the natural order of things.

I put ketchup or mayo on my hotdogs. XD 😛😈
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Ketchup on nothing for me thank you. That's my gift to you two, more ketchup for you. I just need 1 cup for a sauce that I use in my meatloaf recipe, the rest of the bottle is yours. I agree on the mustard on a hot dog. I'm a bit of a gourmet girl so I don't use regular yellow mustard, I go with my favorite, creole mustard. A bit of caramelized onions and a sprinkle of shredded cheese and my dogs are ready. I use all kinds of non-standard condiments. I love blue cheese dressing or barbecue sauce on my burgers. If coleslaw is available I will most likely just do a slaw burger and forego all the other toppings. You can remove a girl from her 🐸🐸🐸🐸 roots, but you can't entirely erase every bit of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 from her either. Though thankfully I left the truly disgusting aspects of redneckdom far behind me. Good riddance too.😁 Hmm, redneckdom rhymes with...well you know what it rhymes with and that kind of sums up some of the people I grew up with.🤣
  • Options
    Ketchup or mustard?

Ketchup! The amount of things I like mustard with is counted on two fingers.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Ketchup or mustard?

Ketchup please. Mustard 🤮 (Sorry to mustard fans).
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Ketchup flavored potato chips are a thing apparently....
  • Options
    Seems like they must be running out of ideas if its come to that.
  • Options

Yes, and they're pretty rad.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Ketchup on potato chips isn't that different from ketchup on fries. I like the combination of potato and tomato. Add peppers and it's even better, just all the nightshades at once. Except eggplant, I don't want that in the mix.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    Crunchy peanut butter or smooth peanut butter?

I don't really eat a lot of peanut butter but I don't think I have a strong preference between the two.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Crunchy! My fave is the fresh-ground kind that's nothing but peanuts. I like peanut butter that doesn't ooze.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member

Yes, and they're pretty rad.

Oh nice!
    Today's Q Q is:

I don't really eat a lot of peanut butter but I don't think I have a strong preference between the two.

Smooth peanut butter. On an Eggo waffle.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I'm a smooth peanut butter girl. Like you I don't eat much peanut butter. A small jar is more likely to go bad than it is to be finished before that happens. If I wasn't focused so much on my weight and blood sugar, then that might change because I would be all over PB&J sammies. I'd have one at least twice a week instead of the one or two a year I have now. That's one of a small number of childhood comfort foods I'm still crazy over. What I do now to make it a bit more adult is butter one side of each bread slice, grill it until it's nicely toasted or just short of it. Remove them from the pan slather on the PB&J, assemble it, and then back in the pan about 30 seconds a side, keeping a very close eye on the fillings, if they start to run get them on the plate, sprinkle with confectioners sugar and enjoy. Grilled PB&J, you can thank me or curse me later. Once you have PB&J this way you'll never want it any other way.
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

I'm weird, neither! I never have liked peanut butter at all
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    dythiadythia Posts: 104 Member
    edited April 2022
    I like smooth. Crunchy just feels weird to me.
    Post edited by dythia on
    g0fp4eb0ah2i.png
    How ironic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top