Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I hate how i feel like i've completely fulfilled my purpose in my family. And not even in a good way. :disappointed:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Save the french toast!!
    unknown.png
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I hate how i feel like i've completely fulfilled my purpose in my family. And not even in a good way. :disappointed:

What role are you assuming you have taken on?
    Save the french toast!!

No :p
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

Save the french toast!!

Why? Sandwiches are better with untoasted bread anyway. I suppose I'd miss tomato toast but it's worth it.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    They taste alright.

I can't eat them cuz it's against my religion. XD But I heard they taste like chicken. LOL.

Fun fact: The Catholic church had once declared beavers fish, allowing people to eat them on Fridays during Lent.

:O :O :O It's a bird mammal fish. :joy:

Today's Q Q might be another evil one. Maybe, to me at least.
    You can only save from one and the other will vanish: Toast (like the good ol' bread toast with the melted butter/margarine, am I right?) or french toast?

Maybe french toast... But man, I'm gonna miss the saltiness on that bread toast... :(

Does that include "toast" cooked in a frying pan (grill cheese sandwiches and such)?

Just wondering before I give my answer...

Yes.

Then...

I'm saving the TOAST.

Not just for the bacon and the eggs.

I doubt French toast would make good grilled cheese sandwiches.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options

The unneeded child because i'm a teenager with a toddler sister.

Sometimes i feel like my sister is the favorite of the family. She's cuter and manages to be better than i'll ever be, even when she's yelling at/hitting people during her tantrums. It feels like i'm just sitting here, alone and with what feels like absolutely no one irl, watching as my life slowly crumbles and with no way to fix it.
    It used to be easy for me to feel like i had some purpose but, there's a different kid and i'm close to an adult, so i guess my purpose is gone. I'm not needed anymore. I'm not saying i'm not wanted, just... not needed.

sorry i just completely spilled my heart out there. today hasn't been great
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

Save the french toast!!

Why? Sandwiches are better with untoasted bread anyway. I suppose I'd miss tomato toast but it's worth it.

Because toast is better than french toast.
    They taste alright.

I can't eat them cuz it's against my religion. XD But I heard they taste like chicken. LOL.

Fun fact: The Catholic church had once declared beavers fish, allowing people to eat them on Fridays during Lent.

You can only save from one and the other will vanish: Toast (like the good ol' bread toast with the melted butter/margarine, am I right?) or french toast?

Maybe french toast... But man, I'm gonna miss the saltiness on that bread toast... :(

Does that include "toast" cooked in a frying pan (grill cheese sandwiches and such)?

Yes.

Then...

I'm saving the TOAST.

Not just for the bacon and the eggs.

I doubt French toast would make good grilled cheese sandwiches.

See? @Zinniavanilla

Team Toast!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

Sometimes i feel like my sister is the favorite of the family. She's cuter and manages to be better than i'll ever be, even when she's yelling at/hitting people during her tantrums. It feels like i'm just sitting here, alone and with what feels like absolutely no one irl, watching as my life slowly crumbles and with no way to fix it.
    It used to be easy for me to feel like i had some purpose but, there's a different kid and i'm close to an adult, so i guess my purpose is gone. I'm not needed anymore. I'm not saying i'm not wanted, just... not needed.

I'm creating a second post, because it is warranted. Throw me in the pit, idc.

Objectively, yes, Aster is cuter and gets more attention. It's literally how mother nature keeps us from killing our young out of stress (trust me, as cute as small kids are, they are very stressful) - they are extremely appealing to our faculties. She gets cuter clothes, cuter toys, has a childlike sense of wonder, and so on. She gets more attention because she needs more help. You, on the other hand, are entering a notoriously difficult stage in childhood development. Kids your age begin to test boundaries and withdraw from their parents, which is a very hard thing. That does not mean they suddenly don't want you. When you have kids, having them grow up is actually the expectation. You're relationship with your parents will change, but you will always have them. Someday, Aster will be in the same position, too. She's not going to be a cute baby forever. But she is incredibly lucky, because she will have you to help her through it. As a little sister, I can guarantee that she will look up to you. So you should continue modeling the sort of habits that would be good for her to develop too - patience, kindness, perseverance, tolerance, and many of the other good qualities I see in you.

And as for spending time with your parents, can you think of anything that you would be able to do with them that could be without Aster? Helping cook dinner or watching a more grown up tv show? And it's ok to ask for time for just you. But you have to ask, otherwise your parents won't recognize that it's something that you are needing.

The bottom line is that you are still needed and still wanted by your parents. Nothing you have mentioned here indicates differently. Don't try to write yourself out of their lives, reach out to them instead.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

Objectively, yes, Aster is cuter and gets more attention. It's literally how mother nature keeps us from killing our young out of stress (trust me, as cute as small kids are, they are very stressful) - they are extremely appealing to our faculties. She gets cuter clothes, cuter toys, has a childlike sense of wonder, and so on. She gets more attention because she needs more help. You, on the other hand, are entering a notoriously difficult stage in childhood development. Kids your age begin to test boundaries and withdraw from their parents, which is a very hard thing. That does not mean they suddenly don't want you. When you have kids, having them grow up is actually the expectation. You're relationship with your parents will change, but you will always have them. Someday, Aster will be in the same position, too. She's not going to be a cute baby forever. But she is incredibly lucky, because she will have you to help her through it. As a little sister, I can guarantee that she will look up to you. So you should continue modeling the sort of habits that would be good for her to develop too - patience, kindness, perseverance, tolerance, and many of the other good qualities I see in you.

And as for spending time with your parents, can you think of anything that you would be able to do with them that could be without Aster? Helping cook dinner or watching a more grown up tv show? And it's ok to ask for time for just you. But you have to ask, otherwise your parents won't recognize that it's something that you are needing.

The bottom line is that you are still needed and still wanted by your parents. Nothing you have mentioned here indicates differently. Don't try to write yourself out of their lives, reach out to them instead.

Truthfully... i don't think doing anything without Aster is an option. Aster demands attention and she'll scream if she doesn't get it. If we tried to do something she'd ruin it in a fraction of a minute. Plus, my mom doesn't drive and my dad is usually at work, and we have no one who could watch her. So, there's pretty much no way i could be able to do something without her.

I don't even know what else to say. If this keeps up I'm going to have to live with the guilt of knowing that i barely spent time with them, but that seems to be the only choice...
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited May 2019
    They taste alright.

Nope when you put it with grilled cheese. But looks like Minty already took the liberty to answer it. LOL.

Truthfully... i don't think doing anything without Aster is an option. Aster demands attention and she'll scream if she doesn't get it. If we tried to do something she'd ruin it in a fraction of a minute. Plus, my mom doesn't drive and my dad is usually at work, and we have no one who could watch her. So, there's pretty much no way i could be able to do something without her.

I don't even know what else to say. If this keeps up I'm going to have to live with the guilt of knowing that i barely spent time with them, but that seems to be the only choice...

Your sister sounds like a brat, like that monkey child living next door. How is she the favorite in your family? No offense or full offense. I don't care. 😂
    If I were her parent, I will just ignore her cries. You're not supposed to give in to whiny babies like this. 🙄 The more you do it, the more they will step in your head - what my mom always says. That's why I didn't grow up to be whiny. Cuz when I would cry for attention, I would get slapped in the face. LOL. You sister is lucky she's isn't raised in an Asian family or a African American family or maybe even a Latino family. 😂 😂 I heard they're all pretty strict.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    It's been a lovely day thus far and the end of the school year is pretty close.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options

Long time no see!
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Long time no see!

I've been lurking a bit. Lots of simming and reading. And how are things with you?

• Options

Long time no see!

I've been lurking a bit. Lots of simming and reading. And how are things with you?

Hmm, nothing new. Same old same old. 🤷‍♀️
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    So, perhaps I can use this time to kvetch and whine a bit. To be honest, I am doing all right. My sims are doing all right and I have very little to complain about. Has anyone been messing around with limericks of late?

There was an old man named Rick
    He was very frequently sick
    From his thunderous sneezes
    'Cause of his many diseases
    To his boogers that made everything stick.

I'll go and hide now.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    So, perhaps I can use this time to kvetch and whine a bit. To be honest, I am doing all right. My sims are doing all right and I have very little to complain about. Has anyone been messing around with limericks of late?

There was an old man named Rick
    He was very frequently sick
    From his thunderous sneezes
    'Cause of his many diseases
    To his boogers that made everything stick.

I'll go and hide now.

giphy.gif
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I think i'm gonna launch myself into the void
    Anyone wanna come
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Anyone wanna come

Yo, let's blow this popsicle stand lol

I wish Island Vacation or whatever it was had not only been real, but released this week. I'm hecking bored. And I ordered a new charge cord for my 3DS and they sent the wrong one, so I still can't play the Gravity Falls game.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Anyone wanna come

I wish Island Vacation or whatever it was had not only been real, but released this week. I'm hecking bored. And I ordered a new charge cord for my 3DS and they sent the wrong one, so I still can't play the Gravity Falls game.

Is popsicle stand a metaphor for something
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    Anyone wanna come

Nah, fam, I'm good.
    Anyone wanna come

Go draw something.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Anyone wanna come

Not exactly.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/blow_this_pop_stand
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hey simspeaker!

Y'all, I have literally no appetite anymore, I haven't had it in like a month and I'm getting really worried. I skipped breakfast today and then almost skipped dinner because I just wasn't hungry and almost forgot about it
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Hey simspeaker!

Y'all, I have literally no appetite anymore, I haven't had it in like a month and I'm getting really worried. I skipped breakfast today and then almost skipped dinner because I just wasn't hungry and almost forgot about it

Maybe try eating something you know you like or used to love before you lost the appetite? And why are you losing your appetite? Are you physically sick or emotionally sick, if you don't mind my asking?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Anyone wanna come

Not exactly.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/blow_this_pop_stand

O
    in that case hell yes *jumps into the void*
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Hey simspeaker!

Maybe try eating something you know you like or used to love before you lost the appetite? And why are you losing your appetite? Are you physically sick or emotionally sick, if you don't mind my asking?

I'm not physically sick, I had a rough time a week or two ago emotionally but that was after I started losing my appetite. I cam still eat things I like, but I don't really feel hungry or feel a huge desire to eat
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top