Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I managed to figure it out with addition but when i tried subtracting it gave me a wrong result.

I FIGURED IT OUT!! and now i feel dumb because i got so stressed with this i ended up having a breakdown which lasted like... half an hour... over this thing that turned out to be much easier than i thought....

Wait when you grow older and have to do this. Look at the number of points for each of the questions. 2 points only. XD It just dawned on me that I did this kinda math when I was 17-18. :D
    r3N9if1.jpg

Today's Q Q is:

Is stepping on a Lego really that bad?

I step on them all the time and it's not that bad. I don't know why people are making a 'meme' about it. -.-

It hurts but try stepping on a Barbie's shoes or a Playmobil's sword and you will know real pain
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    LOL, maybe on hindsight, you won't need to do that kinda math cuz Singapore is just crazy about math and you don't live here so you should be good. :tongue:

I made it to grade 12 math and it was sometimes hard, but I don’t recall talking about that letter ‘f’ (function?). We did talk about sin/cos/tan though. Seeing that type of math would probably depend on what type of school you go to/where you live or if you’re in an advanced class or not.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    LOL, maybe on hindsight, you won't need to do that kinda math cuz Singapore is just crazy about math and you don't live here so you should be good. :tongue:

I made it to grade 12 math and it was sometimes hard, but I don’t recall talking about that letter ‘f’ (function?). We did talk about sin/cos/tan though. Seeing that type of math would probably depend on what type of school you go to/where you live or if you’re in an advanced class or not.

The f thing is integration which is like the reverse of differential. I think I was introduced to them when I was 16 so about grade 11? I took both Advance math and Elementary math. They don't have this in Elementary math.

But this paper was from my junior college and they have 2 levels of math, H1 and H2. H2 is harder. 😂 And of course I took that one cuz you either pick a harder Science and Math course OR pick a harder humanities course (like history and geography) and I ain't got no good memory to remember historical stuff so I picked math and science... 😍 I didn't like chemistry tho. Too hard for my brain. Physics is more fun cuz it's more towards math. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I'm allergic to maths
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member

The f thing is integration which is like the reverse of differential. I think I was introduced to them when I was 16 so about grade 11? I took both Advance math and Elementary math. They don't have this in Elementary math.

But this paper was from my junior college and they have 2 levels of math, H1 and H2. H2 is harder. 😂 And of course I took that one cuz you either pick a harder Science and Math course OR pick a harder humanities course (like history and geography) and I ain't got no good memory to remember historical stuff so I picked math and science... 😍 I didn't like chemistry tho. Too hard for my brain. Physics is more fun cuz it's more towards math. 😂

Oh okay. I took standard-level math instead of advanced. I got very high grades in it, but my teachers suggested that I take the standard one because math really stressed me out (even though my math skills were alright by high school).

But hey, all those high grades helped me get great scholarships to university, so it was worth it!
  • Options

Oh okay. I took standard-level math instead of advanced. I got very high grades in it, but my teachers suggested that I take the standard one because math really stressed me out (even though my math skills were alright by high school).

But hey, all those high grades helped me get great scholarships to university, so it was worth it!

We didn't really have much of a choice here if we are in the good classes. 😂 It's compulsory to take both maths. 🤷‍♀️ But either way, even if I had a choice, I would still take both. LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I managed to figure it out with addition but when i tried subtracting it gave me a wrong result.

I FIGURED IT OUT!! and now i feel dumb because i got so stressed with this i ended up having a breakdown which lasted like... half an hour... over this thing that turned out to be much easier than i thought....

Wait when you grow older and have to do this. Look at the number of points for each of the questions. 2 points only. XD It just dawned on me that I did this kinda math when I was 17-18. :D
    r3N9if1.jpg

Today's Q Q is:

Is stepping on a Lego really that bad?

I step on them all the time and it's not that bad. I don't know why people are making a 'meme' about it. -.-

YES! Those sharp plastic corners cut into your feet! I don't know how y'all are not getting sliced and diced feet from those Legos! :confused:

Walking over Legos should be part of the judgal system!

"You're here by sentenced to 7 years of Lego walking!" >:)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    So i tried to do more math problems. I felt confident until i got to another problem and ended up having to skip it so I didn't have a breakdown again (to be specific: it was subtracting 3 digit numbers with regrouping. The book didn't tell me how to do it :/)

...that ended up doing me no good because I got to multiplication problems and i got so overwhelmed and confused i started having a panic attack (which I'm still in the midst of)

Don't even say it. I know that it's just math and I'm being dramatic and mental health doesn't even matter in school so i should just do the stu*pid problems and quit prioritizing myself... *hits self in the head with the book*
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    So i tried to do more math problems. I felt confident until i got to another problem and ended up having to skip it so I didn't have a breakdown again (to be specific: it was subtracting 3 digit numbers with regrouping. The book didn't tell me how to do it :/)

...that ended up doing me no good because I got to multiplication problems and i got so overwhelmed and confused i started having a panic attack (which I'm still in the midst of)

Don't even say it. I know that it's just math and I'm being dramatic and mental health doesn't even matter in school so i should just do the stu*pid problems and quit prioritizing myself... *hits self in the head with the book*

Maybe i could help you, if you want help?
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options

I think i do..
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

I think i do..

You could send me the problems? I'll take a look.
    Everywhere i go
  • Options

I think i do..

It's just using regrouping to subtract 3 digit numbers. It doesn't make any sense. It doesn't even feel like something that's possible to do.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

I think i do..

It's just using regrouping to subtract 3 digit numbers. It doesn't make any sense. It doesn't even feel like something that's possible to do.

I don't know the terms in english XD Maybe you could send me the questions?
    Everywhere i go
  • Options

I think i do..

pm6PH9f.jpg
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

I think i do..

pm6PH9f.jpg

Check discord
    Everywhere i go
  • Options

I think i do..

pm6PH9f.jpg

Check discord

Thank you :smile:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited April 2019

I think i do..

pm6PH9f.jpg

Check discord

Thank you :smile:

It's basically the same thing. Forget about the term regrouping. XD But just remember the steps to do it.
    For example, you have 734 - 168. (Maybe you can write this down somewhere so you can follow along the steps since I'm not on my computer now and can't make a gif for this.)Maybe I can do one later as well when I get on my comp.

So we always start from the last digits. So in this case, we are looking at "4" - "8", correct? But we can't do that straight away cuz 4 is lesser than 8. So what you do is just draw a line over the "3" in 734 and put a small "2" above the cancelled "3". (for this step, you always have to add one lesser number after you canceled this digit. So if the original digit is 5, you cancel it and put 4. As simple as that. Just remember it!)

Add a small "1" above the "4" (You always have to add a small 1 for this step. ALWAYS.)

So now, you will read the small 1 above the 4 as 14. And then you do 14 - 8 quickly in your brain. I don't know a quick way to do this other than using your fingers to count or just memorizing it, really. The answer is 6. So you put 6 below the line.

Next you move to your cancelled 3 which is now the one that has a small 2, right? Now you look at the 2 and see if you can minus it with the bottom digit. The bottom digit is 6. So we cannot.
    So now, we have to do the cancelling thing again with the digit on the left of the digit we're looking at. Which is...? 7. Do the same thing you just learned. Cancel the 7 and put a small 6 above it. Add a "1" above the "2" now, so it becomes 12. Now you can do 12 - 6.
    Pretty sure you can do the rest now.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    pm6PH9f.jpg

I miss my childhood :cry:
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    bxJpRhG.jpg
    what does it mean
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    bxJpRhG.jpg
    what does it mean
    I don't get it.
  • Options
    MMX wrote: »
    bxJpRhG.jpg
    what does it mean
    I don't get it.

i think inspirobot is on something
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Okay, here's the gif for it, Lyric. I realized I put a small 10 instead of a 1 above the 4. That's just my muscle memory kicking in, I guess. But you can just do whichever one you prefer as long as you know that you're adding a 10 to the digit. XD

utkyXWp.gif

Congrats, now you're a math pro and can do this: 1842 - 1565 = ?. :D
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I think i'm gonna try seeing if i can figure out how UTAU works and make a cover. Cause i've been a nerd for these things since i was 7 :joy:

heck i don't speak Japanese what is happening
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Quick practice before I have to send my laptop to the shop cuz some of the letters on the keyboard sometimes don't work. D:

MBtOVQG.jpg
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I've downloaded 3 voicebanks and it only let me install one of them :/

The other two don't have installation guides so maybe i'm doing something wrong but i'm frustrated

nvm i ended up uninstalling the program :joy:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top