Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Pets Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited February 2017
    I hope that horses aren't added. I hate horses and would prefer if they focused all of their dev time on cats and dogs.

It seems like you hate everything. How would it affect you really its not like cats and dogs require much things. If you don't like them just don't play them. I respect your opinions, but everytime people
    talk about something you dislike you come up with a rude way to say it. It was enough with the piercing comment.

Honestly I just found a new survey and they do mention horses, so I think it's quite possible we'll see them again, and if not they might drop another surprise on us and come up with a great farming GP that has been so requested by the community and with horses included.
    Busufu wrote: »
    I really love horses in real life but can't imagine them in the Sims 4. As there is no space on the lots and no open world. But let's see. maby they create a new open world just for horses ;).
    But I really look forward to the dogs and cats.

I wouldn't lose hope so quickly :) I mean remember how in TS and TS2 we had cars (even school buses and carpooling) and we didn't have an open world? I think that with 64x64 lot sizes we could give horses a spot, I mean in Windenburg they were able to place a maze and it's not a small one. Also Windenburg in comparison to other worlds has a lot more space in neighborhoods so horses could have some space to walk around and even in the huge parks it would work, especially in willowcreek and the forest in Granite Falls if they allow pets to travel with us (here is hoping). I mean worst case scenario horses will fade away with your sim and then come back with some sort of moodlet, but I really have hope for horses :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I want the ability to own an attack dog; another fun way to kill sims.
  • Options
    TraarjoTraarjo Posts: 65 Member
    I think horses would be really restricted in The Sims 4, with there being no open world and all. But I guess it could work tho? I would love to see a more rural world with country roads, farms and forests. It would be really cool to ride around a place like that!

I expect we will get cats and dogs, but I hope we get more that that! For example birds, rodents (hamsters, rats, guinea pigs etc.), more things related to fish, and maybe even reptiles or bunnies? But I would also like more farm-related content, like cows, pigs and sheep B)

Other than that I would really like pet sitters (both the ability to be one, and send your pets to one), pet shows and competitions, pet salons, the ability to sell pets etc.
  • Options
    Twix wrote: »
    I think horses would be really restricted in The Sims 4, with there being no open world and all. But I guess it could work tho? I would love to see a more rural world with country roads, farms and forests. It would be really cool to ride around a place like that!

I expect we will get cats and dogs, but I hope we get more that that! For example birds, rodents (hamsters, rats, guinea pigs etc.), more things related to fish, and maybe even reptiles or bunnies? But I would also like more farm-related content, like cows, pigs and sheep B)

Other than that I would really like pet sitters (both the ability to be one, and send your pets to one), pet shows and competitions, pet salons, the ability to sell pets etc.

I'm pretty sure they will add that. They always do :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TraarjoTraarjo Posts: 65 Member
    And oh boy, I really hope cats and dogs will be able to join clubs of their own!

@Orchid13 : Yeah, and I love that! Smaller pets like that would be great to have in an apartment, for example
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    And oh boy, I really hope cats and dogs will be able to join clubs of their own!

I agree! That would be awesome!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

@Orchid13 : Yeah, and I love that! Smaller pets like that would be great to have in an apartment, for example

Yes :) I really hope they make them cute though... cause some animals in this game look awful lol
    Post edited by Orchid13 on
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    buecherbinebuecherbine Posts: 19 New Member
    There are sure many discussions about pets these days. And yes, dogs, cats and nicely animated smaller animals like mice, parrots and koi fish would be fine - as long as their behaviour is really well thought of.
    But the more I think about it, the more the idea of a farm world grows on me: Tending to cows, sheep, chicken and growing corn, wheat or sunflowers would be loads of fun.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    What life stages did pets have in the past?
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    I really despise the argument that TS4 is too limited for horse. And I really want horses...Wasn't there initially some code found that included them? Or am I mistaken?
  • Options

Puppy, adult and elder
    lmkiture wrote: »
    I really despise the argument that TS4 is too limited for horse. And I really want horses...Wasn't there initially some code found that included them? Or am I mistaken?

They do appear in the code, but not nearly as much as dogs and cats, but maybe it's because they still had a lot of work to do. In the survey they mentioned horses and the open world shouldn't be a limitation just because horses work like transportation. TS and TS2 had transportation without open worlds.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Puppy, adult and elder
    lmkiture wrote: »

They do appear in the code, but not nearly as much as dogs and cats, but maybe it's because they still had a lot of work to do. In the survey they mentioned horses and the open world shouldn't be a limitation just because horses work like transportation. TS and TS2 had transportation without open worlds.

Yeah, I agree. I would have love horses in the earlier iterations.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Let me say this situation real quick, until the pets-themed EP will be announced later, we all have to know what the new song sounded like!
  • Options
    lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    oh gosh please....not another rehash of the exact same expansion pack which has been done three other times......can we please get some new original packs that aren't like any before? make a game pack for pets or patch them for free or include them in another expansion as a side thing but please not another EP identical to the other sims versions eps....for the sims newbie players it my sim cool and new put for those of us who are long time simmers since sims 1 like myself we are tired of spending tons of money for the exact same content and themes in past games we still own. So yes bring back pets and other old favorites which make the game more realistic but please not another expansion pack just about pets that rips off all the old eps for other sims versions... sincerely a long time simmer whos spent hundreds and hundreds on these games

I have been playing since day one, and Pets is one of the must haves for me as an EP. I will pay the $40 so that I can make my dog and cats in the game. It's a life simulation game, and pets are a huge part of some people's lives.
    I don't think there's even a remote chance they'll be patched in... a) they wouldn't spend as much time developing them and with the toddlers release - they worked a lot in that I think they are transferring over to pets as well in terms of behaviour and emotions. b) they're a business - they know the majority of simmers are going to shell out the $40 for Pets so it's pretty much a guarantee, and I can't freaking wait!!! :D But I do also love the new stuff like GT and CL. :D A nice mix of new and old favourites makes me happy!
  • Options
    LePanderpLePanderp Posts: 36 Member
    I don't mind either way when it comes to horses.

However, it would be nice if we could take in stray dogs and cats, or try to domesticate an animal. There could even be a sim trait of an animal whisperer or something.
  • Options
    There are sure many discussions about pets these days. And yes, dogs, cats and nicely animated smaller animals like mice, parrots and koi fish would be fine - as long as their behaviour is really well thought of.
    But the more I think about it, the more the idea of a farm world grows on me: Tending to cows, sheep, chicken and growing corn, wheat or sunflowers would be loads of fun.

I really want a farm pack. It's been requested for years, and TS3 store items were so popular but I feel like they were just a tiny fragment of what the devs are capable of creating. Bring back the canning station in it too!! With the flea market and yard sale table, it would be a lot of fun. :)
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    In a way, I don't want horses. I used them for a small amount of time in TS3, but I instantly got bored. I just wanted to play with the cats and the dogs. That feeling hasn't changed, but I want other pets that are unique and different. Rabbits or rodents would be a nice addition.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Wait I thought they did find code lines for horses ?
  • Options
    happyopi wrote: »
    Wait I thought they did find code lines for horses ?

They did, but it's hardly anything in comparison to dogs and cats. They did find that code a while ago so maybe horses didn't appear much because maybe they still had a lot of work pending with them. Also there is this thread where they found CAS parts for pets, but they seem to be CAS parts for cats and dogs.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I really am looking forward to cats and dogs I'm not real big on the horses I remember having some get stuck in the sims 3 but with no open world I'm not sure how horses will be that much fun trying to ride them. But I can see a farm with farm animals being great
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    annarboltonannarbolton Posts: 18 New Member
    KajkaElina wrote: »
    oh gosh please....not another rehash of the exact same expansion pack which has been done three other times......can we please get some new original packs that aren't like any before? make a game pack for pets or patch them for free or include them in another expansion as a side thing but please not another EP identical to the other sims versions eps....for the sims newbie players it my sim cool and new put for those of us who are long time simmers since sims 1 like myself we are tired of spending tons of money for the exact same content and themes in past games we still own. So yes bring back pets and other old favorites which make the game more realistic but please not another expansion pack just about pets that rips off all the old eps for other sims versions... sincerely a long time simmer whos spent hundreds and hundreds on these games

Most people like pets, you know... I'm sorry if you don't like them, but what else would you want? 100th "party YA party party maybe a useless group system" pack?
    Pets add to the immersion and most people have/want pets irl.
    Edit: I don't want toned down pets in GPs and free patch won't ever happen.

there are MANY ideas both EA and others have put forth for Eps that are completely original and not rehashes of other games....they did a srvey recently on which ideas for eps people liked best.....but idk maybe a lot chose pets....im not saying idont like pets just something new for once first...
  • Options

I have been playing since day one, and Pets is one of the must haves for me as an EP. I will pay the $40 so that I can make my dog and cats in the game. It's a life simulation game, and pets are a huge part of some people's lives.
    I don't think there's even a remote chance they'll be patched in... a) they wouldn't spend as much time developing them and with the toddlers release - they worked a lot in that I think they are transferring over to pets as well in terms of behaviour and emotions. b) they're a business - they know the majority of simmers are going to shell out the $40 for Pets so it's pretty much a guarantee, and I can't freaking wait!!! :D But I do also love the new stuff like GT and CL. :D A nice mix of new and old favourites makes me happy!

then if its such a big part perhaps they should've included it in the base game....you've just proven my point though....they are all about money these days and the packs are getting less original and more restricted in content just as the base game
  • Options
    @annarbolton I disagree. They aren't going to include it in base game because then they aren't going to get the attention they deserve. It would be like including a University world in base game. I just don't see it happening.
    Pets are very important to much of the real world population, so it makes sense for them to include them in the game.They know it's something that will make a larger portion of their customers happy, plus, they make money. Happy simmers=more money.
    Think of some of the previous packs as "classics" - we know they are going to be made sooner or later: Pets, Seasons, University, Supernaturals. I know a lot of simmers that have certain classics they love and they hope they are continued in the franchise. Pets seems to be a big one across the board.
    Don't get me wrong.... I welcome new and unique ideas added to the series and I look forward to the future of this franchise, through this series, more than ever. :)
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Why hasn't this been moved to speculation and rumor?
  • Options
    @annarbolton I disagree. They aren't going to include it in base game because then they aren't going to get the attention they deserve. It would be like including a University world in base game. I just don't see it happening.
    Pets are very important to much of the real world population, so it makes sense for them to include them in the game.They know it's something that will make a larger portion of their customers happy, plus, they make money. Happy simmers=more money.
    Think of some of the previous packs as "classics" - we know they are going to be made sooner or later: Pets, Seasons, University, Supernaturals. I know a lot of simmers that have certain classics they love and they hope they are continued in the franchise. Pets seems to be a big one across the board.
    Don't get me wrong.... I welcome new and unique ideas added to the series and I look forward to the future of this franchise, through this series, more than ever. :)
    seasons should also be in the base game and university if anything should just be a game pack....add them to it but focus the attention on something new for once....not everyone liked those packs, I for one would love to see a superstar remake if we are talking remakes and "classics"