Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Pets Discussion

Ok... So I think we all heard about all the pets expension rumours.

There were find many codes about dogs and cats but no horses.
I have so many questions.... :open_mouth:

Do you think horses won't be included? cause the codes that were found didn't say anything about horses, I reallyyyy want horses omg, I hope that they would be included

How do you think they would be, I think they will really be cute and I hope that this expension will include a new world

What are your toughts on this expension, do you think it will be the next expension and when do you think they will announce/ release it?

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I will be so disappointed if there are only cats and dogs. I would prefer other pets like owls and rabbits . But I'm pretty sure cat and dogs will be the main features...
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    They haven't officially announced it and there's already a discussion for it.
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    @AshtontoAshton22 Technically, this discussion should be placed under Speculation and Rumor, but there have always been discussions about stuff before it's been announced. Take toddlers for example, we'd all been talking about toddlers for years and the announcement of their arrival was a complete surprise.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I Think It may just be Cats and Dogs, and Small animals could be patched in

Because I'm hoping they expand on Fish Care, Insect care like when you collect bugs and fish and you put them bowl/tank I wish you could take better care of them, if not they die.

I think, there's a chances they'll be cuter than they were in Sims 3... cats and Dogs in the sims 3 weren't cute.

I don't see a new world with this pack... maybe new venues. Or if there is I don't want the theme of the world, like the public areas, to be themed for Pets.

I really hope That they make it so you can create a house hold of just animals. that when I'm ready to play I don't get a restriction "You need at least 1 human in your household." I would be so mad, because I want to be simulated In the life of an animal, and see if i can survive without a human around.

If Pets or Seasons, Which is rumored as well, I feel like the later of May, Midst of June
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I think the flipside to not having horses is that cats and dogs could get more attention.

Considering horses are an exclusive to TS3, I've been wondering how they managed to include them in the Pets EP without sacrificing anything from cats and dogs and the only explanation, from what I've seen, is that cat and dog assets from TS2 Pets were recycled in TS3 Pets. So instead of spending resources on making brand new cat and dog assets, devs possibly copied and pasted from TS2 Pets and spent the extra budget making horses.

Given that TS4 does not recycle from previous games, I think pets would have to be created from scratch and there would only be enough budget for cats and dogs, like in TS2.
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I just hope as a general thing, pets react. By this I mean it would be nice if they react to people who come over, if a someone knocks on my door I expect my dog to bark at the door or the cat to run to the farthest room. Vice versa depending on the Cat/Dog personality. If I am cooking a "Delicious meal" as apartment neighbor put it, it would be nice if dogs are at your feet begging for some. If we get stray Cats/Dogs, it would be nice if they acted a lot different from domesticated pet Cats/Dogs. I'd love to see people walking their pets and if I go over a friends house I'd love to have the feeling of always going to the pets before even speaking to my friends.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Is it like add hip hop and R&B radio stations in Pets without a country radio station?
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    @jimbbq I would be too :open_mouth: I would like to see piggs but I know that's not gonna happen so I'm just hoping to get at least dogs, cats and horses :tired_face:
    @MasonGamer Yeah, I agree but I would be soooooooo dissapointed if there's not going to be a new world
    @cameronw209 Yeah I hope so
    @Dayvon64 Yeah same :smile:
    @12JEREMIA How do you mean?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I think the flipside to not having horses is that cats and dogs could get more attention.

Considering horses are an exclusive to TS3, I've been wondering how they managed to include them in the Pets EP without sacrificing anything from cats and dogs and the only explanation, from what I've seen, is that cat and dog assets from TS2 Pets were recycled in TS3 Pets. So instead of spending resources on making brand new cat and dog assets, devs possibly copied and pasted from TS2 Pets and spent the extra budget making horses.

Given that TS4 does not recycle from previous games, I think pets would have to be created from scratch and there would only be enough budget for cats and dogs, like in TS2.

I thought one of the developers said the Pets expansion took 2-3 years of development time. More than any other EP. Maybe that's why, but don't quote me on that.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    simgame wrote: »
    @12JEREMIA How do you mean?
    It doesn't include horses you know!
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Is it like add hip hop and R&B radio stations in Pets without a country radio station?

Let it go.
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

I thought one of the developers said the Pets expansion took 2-3 years of development time. More than any other EP. Maybe that's why, but don't quote me on that.

I've heard that too (can't think of where either) and I think that timeframe is pretty standard across the board considering Pets EPs have come approximately two years after launch for all games. I'm not under the impression that the time frame deterimines horses, as TS1 and TS2 Pets EPs were released about two years after launch and came with cats and dogs only.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    I just hope as a general thing, pets react. By this I mean it would be nice if they react to people who come over, if a someone knocks on my door I expect my dog to bark at the door or the cat to run to the farthest room. Vice versa depending on the Cat/Dog personality. If I am cooking a "Delicious meal" as apartment neighbor put it, it would be nice if dogs are at your feet begging for some. If we get stray Cats/Dogs, it would be nice if they acted a lot different from domesticated pet Cats/Dogs. I'd love to see people walking their pets and if I go over a friends house I'd love to have the feeling of always going to the pets before even speaking to my friends.

If they went with pet traits similar to what they did with the toddler traits, that could be a lot more possible. For example, Charmer toddlers don't have the fear of strangers that you'd find with other toddlers -- I took my toddler to the museum and while her mom was viewing pictures for her aspiration, the toddler was happily chatting with other visiting Sims.

Regarding horses: because of the structure of Sims 4, I don't see horses working the same way as they did in Sims 3 -- no Create A Pet for horses and no having them on home lots (especially when you consider how small most of the lots are). That doesn't mean that we couldn't have them, either with Pets or in a future pack; one possibility would be being able to board a horse at a horse ranch, for example, then traveling there to ride and train the animal. That could come in either Pets or if we get the much requested rural/farming pack.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • annarboltonannarbolton Posts: 18 New Member
    oh gosh please....not another rehash of the exact same expansion pack which has been done three other times......can we please get some new original packs that aren't like any before? make a game pack for pets or patch them for free or include them in another expansion as a side thing but please not another EP identical to the other sims versions eps....for the sims newbie players it my sim cool and new put for those of us who are long time simmers since sims 1 like myself we are tired of spending tons of money for the exact same content and themes in past games we still own. So yes bring back pets and other old favorites which make the game more realistic but please not another expansion pack just about pets that rips off all the old eps for other sims versions... sincerely a long time simmer whos spent hundreds and hundreds on these games
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I Think It may just be Cats and Dogs, and Small animals could be patched in

Because I'm hoping they expand on Fish Care, Insect care like when you collect bugs and fish and you put them bowl/tank I wish you could take better care of them, if not they die.

I think, there's a chances they'll be cuter than they were in Sims 3... cats and Dogs in the sims 3 weren't cute.

I don't see a new world with this pack... maybe new venues. Or if there is I don't want the theme of the world, like the public areas, to be themed for Pets.

I really hope That they make it so you can create a house hold of just animals. that when I'm ready to play I don't get a restriction "You need at least 1 human in your household." I would be so mad, because I want to be simulated In the life of an animal, and see if i can survive without a human around.

If Pets or Seasons, Which is rumored as well, I feel like the later of May, Midst of June

I hope you are wrong about that :/ why wouldn't they add a world?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Tbh I don't really see the point of horses what with TS4 being a closed world. I feel like they wouldn't have the same impact without an open world.

But maybe I'll be proven wrong and they will be just as enjoyable (if they're included) as they were in TS3. We'll see.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would think that there will be a new world especially if there are new lots with the expansion. They will want to ensure that there is space to put those lots in when you buy it. By that I mean that players do various things with the lots that they currently have. They will want to be sure that most new venues can immediately be put into the game so that people can start playing the expansion right away.

If for some reason it were to just be a GP then it might not have a world but a full expansion will probably at least have special lots and room for new houses that are built with specific space for pets. There might be new pet-oriented parks as well with certain features.

It's true that it would be a re-release of content that existed before but there are a few of those that are heavily requested because people want to see them in this version of the game. I do understand feeling frustrated about buying the same stuff again. Personally, I took a long break from the series and only recently came back to it so it feels fresh. I do feel like that when people speculate about Sims 5 though. Like, I don't want to think about that or to have to buy new versions of the same content for quite a while. I hope that they carry on with developing 4 as it is starting to get interesting.

As for horses, I really wouldn't care if they travel with a loading screen. I just don't want them to be in a rabbit hole where you just hear the sounds as a Sim visits. I look forward to the dogs and cats though. I hope they are as engaging as the toddlers (and I started out as a skeptic about those). It would be nice to have more interactions for the fish and frogs, etc. I have a child Sim who has a frog and a fish in his room. It feels neglectful that he doesn't have to feed them or clean up after them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • I hope that horses aren't added. I hate horses and would prefer if they focused all of their dev time on cats and dogs.
  • KajkaElinaKajkaElina Posts: 201 Member
    edited February 2017
    oh gosh please....not another rehash of the exact same expansion pack which has been done three other times......can we please get some new original packs that aren't like any before? make a game pack for pets or patch them for free or include them in another expansion as a side thing but please not another EP identical to the other sims versions eps....for the sims newbie players it my sim cool and new put for those of us who are long time simmers since sims 1 like myself we are tired of spending tons of money for the exact same content and themes in past games we still own. So yes bring back pets and other old favorites which make the game more realistic but please not another expansion pack just about pets that rips off all the old eps for other sims versions... sincerely a long time simmer whos spent hundreds and hundreds on these games

Most people like pets, you know... I'm sorry if you don't like them, but what else would you want? 100th "party YA party party maybe a useless group system" pack?
    Pets add to the immersion and most people have/want pets irl.
    Edit: I don't want toned down pets in GPs and free patch won't ever happen.
    CATS ARE THE BEST!

My Origin ID is catKajka.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I really love horses in real life but can't imagine them in the Sims 4. As there is no space on the lots and no open world. But let's see. maby they create a new open world just for horses ;).
    But I really look forward to the dogs and cats.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋