Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback on Get to Work and Dine Out

I love these packs however, I'm a little frustrated with a few details. And I would appreciate some updates... nothing too major, at least I don't think so.

-For Restaurant and Retail stores, I've created, and I specifically designed Sims to fill the role of certain employees.
The Problem is Those sims don't show up in the "Available to Hire" list. and instead the game generates more Sims to hire.
What I want is, instead of making it a Small Panel/The game generating more Sim. the Game displays a panel of All unplayed Sims in my game thus far. unemployed or not. Yes I want them to quit their job and work for me.

-Secondly, Employees at Restaurants/Retail Stores, must remain Unplayed Sims. Why not just make it like regular non-active career where Your sim just disappears off the lot for the amount of time the manager usually opens the Store/restaurant. and comes home when they close.

- Next, While You're controlling the the Manager of a Store/Restaurant, Set the time, and days of the week you want the store to be open and the time you want to close. instead of just "Open Now", "Close now." They should be able to change/add that feature in a patch.

For Example my Restaurant, The Golden Boar, I would like the restaurant to be open 3:30pm-1am MTWThFS, and Closed on Sundays.

same With my make Shift Target Store.
WeekDays open 8am-10pm
Weekends 8am-11pm

Finally and when I rotate households and I want to eat or go shopping at a store/restaurant the employees I hired as an owner, most of them aren't there. again the game Generates Random townies to fill the roles of my Sims. Why? The game should pull the Sims I hired as the manager to be working.and sometimes the manager sim should be there.

Again I think these would be small updates to the two Packs. the only thing I would add is Connect packs a little more.
Like Vampires who harass humans for plasma get arrested.
Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I just opened a new store and many of my own Sims (who remain unemployed for such purposes) were in the list to hire. Unfortunately, I have to earn another spot so I can hire two of my own. But it was great to see them in there. I was very pleased to see they didn't bunch up in this store but seemed to be looking at things on the shelves etc. and not in that many group talks. I was very pleased the ones who wanted to be rung out walked to a different spot so my Sim could ring them up. But I'm all for some of the suggestions above. But I like my Sim staying home and just clicking 'open now' and closing somewhere around 4:00 A.M...I like freedom. Hate schedules.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I just opened a new store and many of my own Sims (who remain unemployed for such purposes) were in the list to hire. Unfortunately, I have to earn another spot so I can hire two of my own. But it was great to see them in there. I was very pleased to see they didn't bunch up in this store but seemed to be looking at things on the shelves etc. and not in that many group talks. I was very pleased the ones who wanted to be rung out walked to a different spot so my Sim could ring them up. But I'm all for some of the suggestions above. But I like my Sim staying home and just clicking 'open now' and closing somewhere around 4:00 A.M...I like freedom. Hate schedules.

I like freedom too but I hate that I have to be on top of my sim to make sure she opens the restaurant at a certain time. I wish i could just set her up and let the reigns go a little.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    Careers are still plain plus dull. Can't even be described with a single word anymore.

Active job with aimless random quest, no real impact to the sims's life. Retail and Restaurant, guest are messy, can't even hire my own sim in another household-normally.

They need to update everything.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    TJKazuha09 wrote: »
    Careers are still plain plus dull. Can't even be described with a single word anymore.

Active job with aimless random quest, no real impact to the sims's life. Retail and Restaurant, guest are messy, can't even hire my own sim in another household-normally.

They need to update everything.

Right if I Create a Sim who owns a resturant or a retail store at least, and they have positions open sims should be able to "Ask for Job"
    or as the manager, "Offer a Job Position"
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood: