Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did this not ring bells to people when they got the survey?

Back in 2015, ea sent a survey to a selected minority of people asking them what expansion packs they would want and one of them was about generations. The generations description reads "Generations - it's time to raise a family! Raise your children from babes to TODDLERS. Watch as your children grow into moody pre-teens(should we be expecting them then?) and help them overcome the tribulations of youth. Create a sims family dynasty that will last forever"
Like 1. did the toddlers not ring huge bells that they would actually be here?? Or did people just dismiss it and act like they wouldn't?
and 2. Could we actually be getting pre-teens then? I mean we got toddlers after all???
Screen_Shot_2017_02_08_at_12_31_51.png
giphy_1.gif

Comments

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Ofcourse we hoped, but waiting for two years and getting no answers about anything was a bit off. So people got really sad that we might not have them back.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    Ofcourse we hoped, but waiting for two years and getting no answers about anything was a bit off. So people got really sad that we might not have them back.

Yeah I understand you. I do remember though that some people just dismissed it and acted like they would never come but there here now so! :D
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited February 2017
    Here's a thought: What if it was written with the concept of toddlers already being in the game? In other words, with them already being clear on the fact that toddlers were going to get in at some point and going to be free? This would fit with what they said about how they wanted them to be in the game and they wanted it to be free, as far back as launch.

"Raise your children from babies into toddlers." Note that it doesn't say, "Raise your children from toddlers into child sims" or some such thing (it doesn't mention the process of raising toddlers). Maybe at that point, the plan was that toddlers would be patched in for free and a generations pack expanding on babies and adding pre-teens would come later.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »
    Here's a thought: What if it was written with the concept of toddlers already being in the game? In other words, with them already being clear on the fact that toddlers were going to get in at some point and going to be free? This would fit with what they said about how they wanted them to be in the game and they wanted it to be free, as far back as launch.

"Raise your children from babies into toddlers." Note that it doesn't say, "Raise your children from toddlers into child sims" or some such thing (it doesn't mention the process of raising toddlers). Maybe at that point, the plan was that toddlers would be patched in for free and a generations pack expanding on babies and adding pre-teens would come later.

Personally I think and still think they had a plan since day 1 but there was such a deadline that they couldn't add everything. But personally I don't think toddlers were gonna be added but due to all the negative comments they got about no toddlers, they started making them. It makes sense that they took over 2 years to correct them and I do think also, that they were gonna patch them in for free but wanted to stay quiet to surprise everyone lol. But thats just me
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    That's why I never gave up hope on toddlers like I'm not giving up hope on Preteens.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes, I remember the survey and the pinned thread with ideas for toddlers. There were many signs that toddlers were being worked on, but after waiting so long, I believe many simmers thought that the idea had been scrapped. Some people were very vocal claiming that toddlers would never come, but most just didn't want to get their hopes up after waiting so long.

I hope we do see preteens as well at some point. But there's not a lot of other hints for them other than perhaps the "be.tween" station in the game. Just waiting to see. Actually I'm just waiting til April for the next quarterly teaser as I'm not really interested in bowling or vampires unfortunately (but I'm glad vampires were optional and in their own pack)
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Interesting thought OP this might indeed be an explaination for the curious gap between children and teens in this game.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Things change all the time in business. What might have worked in 2015 may not in 2017.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Well of course we knew Toddlers would be in the game eventually, we just never knew when because they didn't talk about it. We've been discussing that survey for a long time now, that's how we knew Metropolis/City Living was coming at some point, among other packs.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    That's a cool little bit of info I didn't know of...
  • Options
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Well of course we knew Toddlers would be in the game eventually, we just never knew when because they didn't talk about it. We've been discussing that survey for a long time now, that's how we knew Metropolis/City Living was coming at some point, among other packs.
    we knew city living was coming, because it got leaked.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PRSJMSPRSJMS Posts: 66 Member
    I'm hopeful for preteens because I always think about when young adults were first added. For me personally the young adult stage is only different to adult in name (i can never make out the changes in appearance). It's the stage where I like to set up their lives and bridge them from teen to adult like in real life. I don't see why preteens should not also be added for a similar reason, so I hope they do! I'm always down for more gameplay :) hopefully they plan to and also have the time and budget to do it. Would be awesome in a generations pack!

If not though, I'd still be very happy with a teen pack that has a range of items that will help my teens feel younger or older as I want
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Back in 2015, ea sent a survey to a selected minority of people asking them what expansion packs they would want and one of them was about generations. The generations description reads "Generations - it's time to raise a family! Raise your children from babes to TODDLERS. Watch as your children grow into moody pre-teens(should we be expecting them then?) and help them overcome the tribulations of youth. Create a sims family dynasty that will last forever"
    Like 1. did the toddlers not ring huge bells that they would actually be here?? Or did people just dismiss it and act like they wouldn't?
    and 2. Could we actually be getting pre-teens then? I mean we got toddlers after all???
    Screen_Shot_2017_02_08_at_12_31_51.png

I dismissed it after I read here and other places people who took the survey didn't vote for Generations pack but other things. Which we saw a lot of those other 'things' show up in other packs separately after this survey. So, it seemed they were not really sticking to the survey pack offers/votes, but to just throwing in everywhere.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I honestly feel like they never really meant that survey. I mean I would have to read the metropolis/city living to know if they actually followed through.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ModerockerModerocker Posts: 159 Member
    I've always considered child sims and preteens to be the same. Would it be better if maybe EA changed the "child sim" label to "preteen"?
    6unzx1t.gif
  • Options
    alexanderabdomenalexanderabdomen Posts: 21 Member
    PRSJMS wrote: »
    I'm hopeful for preteens because I always think about when young adults were first added. For me personally the young adult stage is only different to adult in name (i can never make out the changes in appearance). It's the stage where I like to set up their lives and bridge them from teen to adult like in real life. I don't see why preteens should not also be added for a similar reason, so I hope they do! I'm always down for more gameplay :) hopefully they plan to and also have the time and budget to do it. Would be awesome in a generations pack!

If not though, I'd still be very happy with a teen pack that has a range of items that will help my teens feel younger or older as I want

Well, adults have a few more wrinkles than young adults, so they are kind of different but not really, they're basically the same.
  • Options
    alexanderabdomenalexanderabdomen Posts: 21 Member
    I was so excited when the toddlers teaser came out. Then a few hours later, they released them (I think, memory is blurry.) The toddler items are so great now so I'm excited to get used to them in our game again.
  • Options
    LePanderpLePanderp Posts: 36 Member
    I feel kind of bummed that I didn't get that survey, TBH.

Other than that though, I'm not saying preteens won't happen, but I am saying that it doesn't appear that they've stuck to a plan from what I've been reading.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited February 2017
    Had this survey not came right after Rachel Franklin Get Together dance party when the Sims community was at an all time low I might of taken it more seriously. Also we have yet to see a Generations expansion with preteens we might just get toddlers and never see the expansion I have yet to see a survey option come out as suggested on the survey things are always cut out.

The bells ringing that work was actually being done on toddlers was the pictures of the CEO family and the ideas thread for toddlers being pinned to General Discussion, survey still has not happened still no signs of Generations.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"