Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bat Form

I was wondering, in one of the trailers they had 2 bats flying together (i believe they were woohooing) but one of the bats was white , how do we get a white bat form?

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Are you sure? I'm certain all bats are black.

--T
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I haven't seen any white bats in my game.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I ain't seen no white bats.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    well, seems i have to actually have chatted instead of just lurking about to post links. but, look at the 'supernatural powers official gameplay' video, 1 minute 43 seconds. the male sim turns into a white bat
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My appears to turn into a greyish bat but it just a trick of the light because if I follow it, it becomes black as it flies away. But that's just mine.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    There was a white(ish) bat in one of the trailers - the black male vamp I believe.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    My appears to turn into a greyish bat but it just a trick of the light because if I follow it, it becomes black as it flies away. But that's just mine.

Same. It's just lighting by the looks of it.

--T
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    Thanks for the responses.It would have really been cool if it was like for having sired x numbers of vampires or the like. :) least I know i wasn't seeing things.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    well, seems i have to actually have chatted instead of just lurking about to post links. but, look at the 'supernatural powers official gameplay' video, 1 minute 43 seconds. the male sim turns into a white bat

Hello :) Welcome to posting on the forums! You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I was also wondering this, as the darker skinned Vampire in the video does appear to turn into a very light colored bat and the other bat is very dark, in the same lighting. Here are some screenshots from the Video I took.
    DXZINVb.png?1
    hhIGT46.png?1
    73ncZf9.png?1

There is clearly a color difference... ):
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    Wow glad yuo got those great shots of them thats awesome picture taking.
  • Options
    yup, that is exactly what i wanted to show, but i can't post links yet, so...
    anyway, yeah. even when they're all mingled together, the one is obviously lighter than the other. even when they swap places in the animation. no one seems to have figured out how to access it. my first guess was the kid of batform woohoo would be white that, but alas, no. unless that's bugged, of course, and they *should* be white. but dunno
  • Options
    Maybe, I have a newborn baby vamp conceived via bat woohoo, I will update with more info once hes older. :)
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    i have a child vampire conceived via batform woohoo, i did save and age her up to teen just to check that. her form was the standard black. but i have heard others complain that they get issues with those kids not always showing up with their free batform, so figured 'might be some issues of some sort here, so try again later, if hear otherwise' just in case one potential issue might mean more potential issues. well, plus my deal of not being able to age up until they max all their kid skills and ambitions (same for toddlers on toddler skills) 'cause i'm silly
  • Options
    I got to see a white bat in my game just a few minutes ago. Normally he is black, but I think it was the lighting that made him appear a much lighter color.
  • Options
    So I was sifting through the many debug items, and found 2 bats. A black one and a white one, tho they are called the exact same thing, there are infact 2 bat colors in buy debug.
    tGtqVEx.png
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    maybe the white bat is from one of the aspiration rewards? dunno what else it could be... unless it was removed from the game as a possibility but they left debug stuff in..
  • Options
    what about skin tones, has anyone tried to see if skin tones change bat colors? maybe the darker skin tones is a white bat?
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Shades302 wrote: »
    what about skin tones, has anyone tried to see if skin tones change bat colors? maybe the darker skin tones is a white bat?
    Shades302 wrote: »

I don't think it does, because one of the sims that I'm playing is a vampire, his name is Akira Kibo.
    16487533_736793906470907_41884279203112295_o.jpg?oh=8b58f5ed4748471319d2c21b6645aec9&oe=59422069
    I have seen him in both the black and white bat form.
  • Options
    i still tend to lean towards the 'it's prob'ly supposed to be the form for those born from batform woohoo' idea, just because that would make sense, ya know. esp with that being a minor little glitch no one would ever really know about if it wasn't working, since we usually get the batform babies, anyway

as for the darker skin tones thing, i've downloaded the 'rebellious vampires' from maxiscreator_01, which includes 'kat cave', a very dark black vampire. bought her the batform ability, she turns into black bat every time (so does the pale-skinned vampire with her, markus crow). and, as for lablue's comment up there, i really do hope it's not as simple as 'much of the time, they'll turn into black bats, but every once in a while, if they're really feeling it, they'll turn into white bats'. that'd just seem pointless
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i still tend to lean towards the 'it's prob'ly supposed to be the form for those born from batform woohoo' idea, just because that would make sense, ya know. esp with that being a minor little glitch no one would ever really know about if it wasn't working, since we usually get the batform babies, anyway

as for the darker skin tones thing, i've downloaded the 'rebellious vampires' from maxiscreator_01, which includes 'kat cave', a very dark black vampire. bought her the batform ability, she turns into black bat every time (so does the pale-skinned vampire with her, markus crow). and, as for lablue's comment up there, i really do hope it's not as simple as 'much of the time, they'll turn into black bats, but every once in a while, if they're really feeling it, they'll turn into white bats'. that'd just seem pointless

Yeah, I think it does have something to do with bat woohoo, maybe it is for second gen bats, like if your sim is conceived via bat woohoo and then has bat woohoo with another sim who was also conceived via bat woohoo, maybe? I could be looking into this too much. xD
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Maybe @SimGuruNinja could clarify this for us.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    GiorgiGiorgi Posts: 44 Member
    so how can i get white bat?
  • Options
    Giorgi wrote: »
    so how can i get white bat?

I don't think there is anything you can do to get a white bat. The reason I say this is because I've seen the same vampire become both the black and white bat, not at the same time though. If there's a way, I haven't figured out what triggers the white bat.
  • Options
    i still think the white bat is supposed to be the natural form for vampires born from bat-woohoo and it's just bugged. would love for some verification on that, though. (and of course, that seems to be the same thing i say every time i post in this thread... sorry for the broken record thing...)