Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampires Patch Issues

Comments

• Options
    AmileeAmilee Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Amilee wrote: »
    >
    > hi c:
    > has anyone else the problem that all vampires walk around as vampire all the time?
    > npc and played households alike. they are never turning back D:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Do you mean that they always show their dark forms even when not doing vampire actions?

yes thats what i meant. they are walking around in their dark forms 24/7
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    yep same happens here. I like it lol
  • Options
    mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2017
    One of my vampire couples cannot successfully use friendly social with each other... ever. They can use romantic socials and funny socials, but any time they try to be nice to each other, the interaction ends up failing. Friendly interactions between other sims are fine; it only happens when spouse A (or B.) tries to be friendly with spouse B. (or A).
    Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    mauvejinjo wrote: »
    One of my vampire couples cannot successfully use friendly social with each other... ever. They can use romantic socials and funny socials, but any time they try to be nice to each other, the interaction ends up failing. Friendly interactions between other sims are fine; it only happens when spouse A (or B.) tries to be friendly with spouse B. (or A).
    Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Hello
    Are their friendship relationship levels high? Do they have the undead aura weakness?
  • Options
    @rosemow

Relationship values were high, but the repeated friendly failures have all but destroyed that. However, romance and funny interactions have a normal success rate. They do both have the undead aura, however it only affects the two of them. (i.e. Vampire A can interact normally with anyone OTHER than Vampire B.)

I noticed that curing one the sims of vampirism fixes this, or at least it did on one test-run. It also changes their facial features somewhat.
  • Options
    @rosemow

Relationship values were high, but the repeated friendly failures have all but destroyed that. However, romance and funny interactions have a normal success rate. They do both have the undead aura, however it only affects the two of them. (i.e. Vampire A can interact normally with anyone OTHER than Vampire B.)

I noticed that curing one the sims of vampirism fixes this, or at least it did on one test-run. It also changes their facial features somewhat.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue, It is good that curing one of them has helped with the issue. You could then try turning the sim back to being a vampire, and then test to see if the issue returns.
  • Options
    GermancestGermancest Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having my own problem with the game. I recently bought and installed the Vampires game pack on PC, but whenever I create a vampire sim, I can't click on them. Human sims I can still click on, but when I'm in control of a vampire sim I can't click on my own sim or other sims. Does anyone know what could possibly help this?
  • Options
    Germancest wrote: »
    I'm having my own problem with the game. I recently bought and installed the Vampires game pack on PC, but whenever I create a vampire sim, I can't click on them. Human sims I can still click on, but when I'm in control of a vampire sim I can't click on my own sim or other sims. Does anyone know what could possibly help this?

Hello @Germancest
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

If you still have issues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.Test the game between placing back each folder.
  • Options
    GermancestGermancest Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you @rosemow repairing my game has fixed my problem.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited June 2017
    I have an issue not sure if it is related to Parenthood or Vampires but, the write "Book of Life" option does not appear in the write books option. My sim is maxed out in the writing career as well as the skill and the option does not appear. I did check to see if a mod was interfering with it but I removed the mods related to stay at home and checked again.

She had two vampire roommates and not sure if that isn't why she can't write them.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    BMSO wrote: »
    I have an issue not sure if it is related to Parenthood or Vampires but, the write "Book of Life" option does not appear in the write books option. My sim is maxed out in the writing career as well as the skill and the option does not appear. I did check to see if a mod was interfering with it but I removed the mods related to stay at home and checked again.

She had two vampire roommates and not sure if that isn't why she can't write them.

Hello
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Try selling the computer and buying a new one, and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    HelenPoxonHelenPoxon Posts: 18 Member
    > @BMSO said:
    > I have an issue not sure if it is related to Parenthood or Vampires but, the write "Book of Life" option does not appear in the write books option. My sim is maxed out in the writing career as well as the skill and the option does not appear. I did check to see if a mod was interfering with it but I removed the mods related to stay at home and checked again.
    >
    > She had two vampire roommates and not sure if that isn't why she can't write them.

The 'Bestselling Author' Aspiration is what lets you write a Book of Life, not the career or skill. Worth double checking that it has completed properly.
  • Options
    HelenPoxon wrote: »
    > @BMSO said:
    > I have an issue not sure if it is related to Parenthood or Vampires but, the write "Book of Life" option does not appear in the write books option. My sim is maxed out in the writing career as well as the skill and the option does not appear. I did check to see if a mod was interfering with it but I removed the mods related to stay at home and checked again.
    >
    > She had two vampire roommates and not sure if that isn't why she can't write them.

The 'Bestselling Author' Aspiration is what lets you write a Book of Life, not the career or skill. Worth double checking that it has completed properly.

Thankyou for your thoughtfulness in posting about the aspiration :) It is very kind of you to help the simmer, I thought that they had posted that they had posted they had completed the aspiration but on checking again, they haven't said if they have or not.
    You are very helpful :)
    I will post a link to information about the aspiration
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/aspirations/bestsellingauthor.php
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @HelenPoxon Oh, I feel like a loon. Thank you for the help. :D
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    HelenPoxonHelenPoxon Posts: 18 Member
    You're welcome. Just last year I made the same mistake regarding writing skill books :blush:
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed that one of the vampire mouth CAS assets is missing as of recent? While experimenting with my glitched vampire (so far, no good), I noticed that after re-creating her vampire look, there's a mouth asset missing. There should be four, and in my game there's only three. The one that is missing is the wrinkly mouth.
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed that one of the vampire mouth CAS assets is missing as of recent? While experimenting with my glitched vampire (so far, no good), I noticed that after re-creating her vampire look, there's a mouth asset missing. There should be four, and in my game there's only three. The one that is missing is the wrinkly mouth.

Hello
    This is link to a guide to CAS items in the Vampire pack. It has a picture of the 4 mouth types. Are one if these mouth types missing from your game ?
    http://simscommunity.info/2017/01/24/the-sims-4-vampires-create-a-sim-overview/

If they are, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
  • Options
    @rosemow
    Yes, I am missing the "normal" wrinkle mouth; Number 4 in that guide. Repairing the game didn't help, but I appreciate your suggestion. I also notice that the drought of reconfiguration no longer works on vampire sims; It used to just fine regardless of mods.
  • Options
    @rosemow
    Yes, I am missing the "normal" wrinkle mouth; Number 4 in that guide. Repairing the game didn't help, but I appreciate your suggestion. I also notice that the drought of reconfiguration no longer works on vampire sims; It used to just fine regardless of mods.

Hello @mauvejinjo
    With the draught of reconfiguration , there are two options to " drink " it, when you click on it.You need to choose the one on the right hand side. This picture in the first post on this link thread shows it.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Reconfiguration-drink-doesn-t-work/m-p/5845657#M33509

With the missing mouth, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    Ivy_ImpalaIvy_Impala Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having an issue with a vampire child - he has developed a thirst for blood, which he is unable to satisfy as he obviously cannot drink from sims or plasma packs. I've tried resetting him several times and visiting other lots but still can't shift it. As he is now "Very Uncomfortable" (+40), he won't do his homework, play or even sleep until rested.

I just went through twenty-odd days of intensive toddler-raising to max out his skills and I don't know if I can bare to do it again... Help!
  • Options
    Ivy_Impala wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with a vampire child - he has developed a thirst for blood, which he is unable to satisfy as he obviously cannot drink from sims or plasma packs. I've tried resetting him several times and visiting other lots but still can't shift it. As he is now "Very Uncomfortable" (+40), he won't do his homework, play or even sleep until rested.

I just went through twenty-odd days of intensive toddler-raising to max out his skills and I don't know if I can bare to do it again... Help!

Hello
    Try evicting the sims household from their home, then move them back to the original home and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm afraid it didn't work. The sims hadn't ceased the activities they had started when I evicted them either, however.
  • Options
    Ah! I made it go away before but couldn't remember how. I (testing cheats enabled) shift + right clicked him to fill his needs. Unfortunately the hunger will come back, but I should at least be able to get him through grade school.
  • Options
    Ivy_Impala wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm afraid it didn't work. The sims hadn't ceased the activities they had started when I evicted them either, however.

Hello
    Try playing as the child, then enter into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then type in
    Sims.remove_all_buffs
    Then press enter
    Test to see if that helps the issue .