Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best weaknessees?

Comments

• Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    Withered Stomach is definitely the least harmful that I've come across. It adds no challenge since vampire sims don't need to eat in the first place, but can be interesting storybuilding for those vampires that are trying to pass as humans.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    My favourite weakness is day phobia because then I used aspiration points to buy the Never Tense ability which basically cancelled it out.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    AIRMAGIKAIRMAGIK Posts: 4 New Member
    kemisz wrote: »
    My favourite weakness is day phobia because then I used aspiration points to buy the Never Tense ability which basically cancelled it out.

Never Tense also cancels out guilty drinker
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2017
    Withered stomach on my vampires meant that they only earned silver at their wedding as taking the first slice of cake was a no.

I think the easiest weaknesses are withered stomach, sleep of the undead, fitful sleep (both ranks), and undead aura.

Fitful sleep doesn't seem to affect dark meditation, and really, if every once in awhile they have to spend an entire day sleeping, it's really no big thing. Undead aura does make for a little challenge but if you have the friendly perk you still get a big boost, and if you're in a popular club, it's completely irrelevant as people will start start out just a couple of interactions away from good friend.

Edit: The best thing to do is play around with them, though. It is only 1k to refund your points if you really can't stand one or more of them. I think they make the game more interesting. I love day phobia combined with the child of the moon (all three ranks). Weak during the day, strong at night. But day phobia is definitely not an easy weakness.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    AIRMAGIK wrote: »

Out of interest (because my vamps have both guilty drinker AND the carefree reward but haven't fed on sims yet), if you have guilty drinker but don't have carefree, what emotion/moodlet do you get if you compel for a drink, how strong is the buff and how long does it last?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

Clever, clever. I may have to make use of this...
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Out of interest (because my vamps have both guilty drinker AND the carefree reward but haven't fed on sims yet), if you have guilty drinker but don't have carefree, what emotion/moodlet do you get if you compel for a drink, how strong is the buff and how long does it last?
    It's a 4 hour Tense moodlet. Something like +50, IIRC. But if you go to a mirror and Try to Calm Down, that gets rid of it quickly.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member

+50 tense - 4 hours. It's harsh.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member

Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »

It's a 4 hour Tense moodlet. Something like +50, IIRC. But if you go to a mirror and Try to Calm Down, that gets rid of it quickly.

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    ibaeshaC wrote: »

Indeed. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Triplis wrote: »

Thanks. :)
    No problem!
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Yoga wipes out the tense moodlet from guilty drink as well.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't let my vamps feed off sims that much because Guilty Drinker seems to last forever. I finally had him make the reconfigure drink and picked the restless sleep one instead.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm going with Guilty Drinker. Once you get enough points to buy the Carefree trait, it negates it.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't let my vamps feed off sims that much because Guilty Drinker seems to last forever. I finally had him make the reconfigure drink and picked the restless sleep one instead.

Does your vamp have the ability to sleep in a bed?

I'm curious over the details of the moodlet you get when a vamp with restless sleep or nightmarish sleep sleeps in a bed and has bad sleep from it.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I have a game going where Vlad got bored so hehekidnapped a descendant of the woman he was supposed to marry way back when. He turned her after a while but she is not happy. She has guilty drinker, level 2 thin skin, insatiable appetite and eternal sadness. Did I mention she loves the outdoord, is outgoing and wants to be a rockstar?
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Does your vamp have the ability to sleep in a bed?

I'm curious over the details of the moodlet you get when a vamp with restless sleep or nightmarish sleep sleeps in a bed and has bad sleep from it.

it wouldnt be a nightmare ;D it would be a daymare (since vampires normally sleep during the day... not the night)
  • Options
    CooltomboyCooltomboy Posts: 4 New Member
    In my oppinion the best vampire weeknessess are

1)withered stomach
    It doesnt effect my sims since they dont eat human food.
    2/3) day phobia
    Only because they dont effect u much since u hardly go out in the day any way. I go uo yo version 2
    4)undead slumber
    If u want to be traditional and be a proper spooky vampire this weekness is for u. i choose it since really does effect your game much
    5)fitfull sleeping
    Lol i choose this since well u can just hibernate in coffin duh.
    Warning! Never get eternal sadness your vampirr crys all the time and starts doing weired acyions that scares your kids if u have them. Please say if u qoukd prefer or change any of them for when i next play that mod
  • Options
    CooltomboyCooltomboy Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="kemisz;c-15512431"]My favourite weakness is day phobia because then I used aspiration points to buy the Never Tense ability which basically cancelled it out. [/quote]

So clever i am gonna use that plus u have to chose 5 weeknesses just putting iy out there
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Lilith has Guilty Drinker/Never Tense, so they cancel each other. She's got Withered Stomach, and she's constantly grabbing her stomach and acting like she's sick (though she can eat fresh fruit and veggies). She's got Eternal Sadness, and every time she gets really Sad, I have her rub some Sadness Alleviation Lotion and she's fine.
    She's also got the one where everyone hates her when they first meet her, but she's got so much Charisma and other aspiration bonuses that it never matters.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    My favorite weakness combo:
    1) Guilty Drinker
    2/3/4) Day phobia (All 3 levels)
    5) Withered stomach

Yup - it completely nullifies all but the 5th weakness on my list. Withered stomach doesn't bother me because human food doesn't satisfy Thirst anyway.

Also: "Never Tense" = "Carefree".
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Wait- "Carefree" nullifies Day Phobia too?
    I gotta get Lilith to the bar! Time for a Reconfiguration Cocktail! No more Eternal Sadness!
    Thanks, @Hadron1776!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2017
    Wait- "Carefree" nullifies Day Phobia too?
    I gotta get Lilith to the bar! Time for a Reconfiguration Cocktail! No more Eternal Sadness!
    Thanks, @Hadron1776!

Glad to help :)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Weaknesses I tend to go with -

- Withered Stomach - Mortal food? Eeewww!
    - Uncontrollable Hissing - Eh, just because...
    - Sleep Of The Undead - A coffin is the choice of any self-respecting Vampire!
    - 2/3 Thin Skinned* - Because suntans are SO over-rated! My Vampire has a beautiful MOON-tan going on right now! :wink:

*NOTE-
    So why didn't I just go FULL (3/3) on Thin Skinned? So she wouldn't burn up so quickly. I sometimes forget to get her indoors on time, but I also didn't like any of the other weaknesses. I also use the "Travel in Bat form" to get her out of the sun and inside as quickly as possible. So far, I've been lucky and have not accidentally killed her.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 299 Member

It doesn't still make powers work weaker than normally during day time, asking because i been considering getting it instead of withered stomach?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top