Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best weaknessees?

13...Next

Comments

• Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2017
    The "powers weaker during the day time" is a direct result of the Tense moodlet that weakness gives. So, all effects would be blocked by the Carefree trait. Although: Trying to drink from Sims while in the sunlight, is unlikely to succeed either way.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Hadron1776 wrote: »
    The "powers weaker during the day time" is a direct result of the Tense moodlet that weakness gives. So, all effects would be blocked by the Carefree trait. Although: Trying to drink from Sims while in the sunlight, is unlikely to succeed either way.

Thanks i changed around my weaknesses now and took it instead of Withered stomach, so can enjoy going to restaurants and all those experiences again(even if food doesn't feel up needs does occasional give a moodlet)
  • EnderessYTEnderessYT Posts: 1 New Member
    I know I am probably late, but I think this is pretty good.

Weaknesses:

Withered Stomach - Their isn't really much of a point of normal food, so besides fitting in, it is practically nothing bad.

Nightbound (Dayphobia teir 3) - I don't really see to much harm in this besides the moodlet, not to mention I am saving up for carefree to block out the tense moodlet.

Eternal Sadness - Since my sim has the gloomy trait (listed below), I honestly thought that it fit quite well with her personality, since she is based off of one of my OC's who is constantly sad.

And those are the weaknesses, and so far they work well for me.

Before I go any further into this reply I would like to go through the worst weaknesses (in my opinion) so you don't make the mistakes that I did.

Sloppy Drinker - I personally hated this one (especally paired up with insatiable thirst) since it took my forever to tend to her thirst need, which was super annoying.

Thin Skinned - If my sim almost died in the sun without it, then it would be even worse with thin skinned, and sunlight would be super deadly.

Uncontrollable Hissing - It is just plain annoying.

Here are the neutral (in my opinion) weaknesses.

Undead Aura - I personally don't use this one, as I think of my sim as a more alluring person rather than a social outcast.

Insatiable Thirst - This one is OK if it is not paired with sloppy drinker, which on its own is annoying, but I personally find this one annoying to.

Fitful Sleep - This one is OK.

Sleep of the Undead - I just personally like the idea of being able to sleep wherever I want.

Guilty Drinker - Good for roleplaying, but not for my sim personally.

Here are my sims traits, if anybody is interested.

Aspiration: Soulmate

Gloomy - Gets sad often

Insane - She acts quite random

Romantic - She is all for love

Alluring - Bonus trait

Besides having to make the Draught of Reconfiguration once due to bad weaknesses, I think my sim is doing fine, but that is just me.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think it's called haunted nightmares, when I chose it, it just gave me a visual of the real character, hearing his groans of restless sleep echo through the Dark Palace.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    EnderessYT wrote: »
    Eternal Sadness - Since my sim has the gloomy trait (listed below), I honestly thought that it fit quite well with her personality, since she is based off of one of my OC's who is constantly sad.

Have you tried playing with the Eternal Sadness? I also thought it would fit my vampire, but she was never really sad because of it, because all the other moodlets blocked the sad ones, but what made me change her weaknesses were the annoying crying animations I got from it.

01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I played Eternal Sadness once. Poor Lilith would just break down crying all the time. Between that and Withered Stomach (clutching her stomach like she was sick) the poor kid was a mess.
    After reading this thread I swapped for Guilty Drinker and Day Phobia 3/3, got Carefree, and she's just peachy.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    I am trying to balance out different combinations of powers and weaknesses so that all my vampires are a little different. The only thing I have entirely avoided is the thin skin. I have already had the one tragedy because of the sun in the Hollow on a sim with normal vampire weakness, so that one is not for me. I also find that some of the top level powers and weaknesses are both heavily depressing for me, so my Grand Master vampire mostly took his weaknesses from the lower levels. I think he has to sleep in a coffin, he gets guilty about drinking (which he still does on auto even when not that thirsty, so that's odd...he is the only one who does, though one of the others does it when he is really angry and woe betide any human nearby, he even attacked his mother). My Grand Master has sun immunity which is great, also attractive aura and I am working on emotion manipulation just because it looks like fun.

His sister vampire has the withered stomach but she never tries to eat, so it isn't a problem. She has spent more time on her aspirations, though, and her job (she is a vampire, has built and launched a rocket, etc) so she really hasn't got much more on the board.

I think I want to try out multiple combinations just for interest sake, but I definitely am not going to be using thin skin unless I really hate the vampire...losing Cameron Sr. was enough of a shock because the reaper didn't appear and there wasn't even a fighting chance to save him because of that.

My favourite weakness so far is the guilty drinker one though. It adds the moral question to the life of a vampire ;)

• LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I like day phobia because it drains their energy bar. If I don't take it, they're always roaming around with their energy full, I can't handle it. I need my vampires to get out of my screen sometimes. Like go sleep a bit, get out of my sight :D
  • NefNef Posts: 6 New Member
    I think they changed how the perks work. I have tier 1 of day phobia, but still get tense, despite having carefree...
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I love guilty drinker due to fact it is not effective when you have the trait carefree.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • XillivanXillivan Posts: 2 New Member
    That's Easy.

Withered stomach + plasma fruit/plasma packs = completely mitigated. (Can get free plasma fruit to plant behind Vlad's house)

Guilty Drinker + carefree trait AND/OR plasma packs/plasma fruit = completely mitigated.

Nighmarish Sleep (x2) + Occult Master power (x3) / coffin = never need to sleep OR just sleep in coffin (completely mitigated).

Sleep of The Undead + Occult Master power (x3) + Dark meditation = never need to sleep (completely mitigated).

Then just get perfect sunlight resistance and boom, all vampiric weaknesses fully mitigated. Add Vampiric Strength (x3) + fitness 10, and boom, you are Blade.
  • XillivanXillivan Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Xillivan said:
    > That's Easy.
    >
    > Withered stomach + plasma fruit/plasma packs = completely mitigated. (Can get free plasma fruit to plant behind Vlad's house)
    >
    > Guilty Drinker + carefree trait AND/OR plasma packs/plasma fruit = completely mitigated.
    >
    > Nighmarish Sleep (x2) + Occult Master power (x3) / coffin = never need to sleep OR just sleep in coffin (completely mitigated).
    >
    > Sleep of The Undead + Occult Master power (x3) + Dark meditation = never need to sleep (completely mitigated).
    >
    > Then just get perfect sunlight resistance and boom, all vampiric weaknesses fully mitigated. Add Vampiric Strength (x3) + fitness 10, and boom, you are Blade.
    >
    >

Sorry for the double post, I goofed on a a line, it should read as:

Nighmarish Sleep (x2) + Occult Master power (x3) + Dark meditation = never need to sleep (completely mitigated).

I removed the parts about using a coffin as whole point is to NOT have to use a coffin, doh!
  • DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    i usually first pick the guilty for drinking without permission weakness
  • SanenomoreSanenomore Posts: 13 New Member
    I play a 'Good' Vampire who never feeds on a sim without permission. Withered stomach would mean no Plasma Fruit Salad which kinda sucks. It also means my level 10 in all 3 cooking skills goes to waste and going to restaurants on dates or to find experimental meals is pretty much out. It also can frustrate a holiday meal. Of course there is a cheat to remove all weaknesses (until you want to spend more points anyway) but that's kinda lame in my opinion.

That said I think my foodie chef/baker was not thrilled at becoming a Vampire lol.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2019
    Sanenomore wrote: »
    Withered stomach would mean no Plasma Fruit Salad which kinda plum.

Have you tried this and it didn't work? My understanding is that Withered Stomach is influenced by normal Sim food so Plasma fruit salad is the only exception.
    I've never bothered making it because I usually have them take what they need and only deviate temporarily with plasma packs/fruit for the aspiration points, but I did download a mod that is supposed to make it more fulfilling (that seemed to be the big issue with the fruit salad). I haven't made another Vamp to test the mod yet.

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    > @Anmirla said:
    > Sanenomore wrote: »
    >
    > Withered stomach would mean no Plasma Fruit Salad which kinda plum.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Have you tried this and it didn't work? My understanding is that Withered Stomach is influenced by normal Sim food so Plasma fruit salad is the only exception.
    > I've never bothered making it because I usually have them take what they need and only deviate temporarily with plasma packs/fruit for the aspiration points, but I did download a mod that is supposed to make it more fulfilling (that seemed to be the big issue with the fruit salad). I haven't made another Vamp to test the mod yet.

Vampire still throw up when they plasma fruit salad because it is still considered a food and I believe some SimGuru have stated that this is intended, but Vampire dont throw up when they eat harvestable which is weird.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2019
    izecson wrote: »
    > @Anmirla said:
    > Sanenomore wrote: »
    >
    > Withered stomach would mean no Plasma Fruit Salad which kinda plum.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Have you tried this and it didn't work? My understanding is that Withered Stomach is influenced by normal Sim food so Plasma fruit salad is the only exception.
    > I've never bothered making it because I usually have them take what they need and only deviate temporarily with plasma packs/fruit for the aspiration points, but I did download a mod that is supposed to make it more fulfilling (that seemed to be the big issue with the fruit salad). I haven't made another Vamp to test the mod yet.

Vampire still throw up when they plasma fruit salad because it is still considered a food and I believe some SimGuru have stated that this is intended, but Vampire dont throw up when they eat harvestable which is weird.

That's just stupid on whoever decided that. Fruit salad is just fruit, no other food or cooking involved. Well, then I guess they did manage to screw something up in Vampires.
    I've definitely read in guides that this was the exception, but I guess they were basing that on what would have been logical. :/

Is it any harvestable that they can eat without issue or just the plasma fruit?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    @Anmirla I think my vampire ate some other fruit beside plasma fruit and they felt fine.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Sometimes I forget my sim is a Simpyra. My sim never sleeps, such a waste of time. Thus I put most of the weakness on Wistful Sleep. Guilty Drinker is OK too, since My Simpyra has a doggo in the house. If my Simpyra get 50+ tense due to the GD debuff, petting on the doggo solves all. Lastly, Eternal Sadness, that's only 1+, the effect can be said as 0 because I can create room full of HAPPINESS. Do you know my Simpyra has Love Outdoor Trait! He also has FULL Blessings from the moon? Three, he is a Legendary Day Walker Simpyra.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top