Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited September 2019
    Wow double post magic!!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Rolling in as the voice of opposition for the discussion of Rosaline's self image O..O
    I don't think she's vain, or full of herself, or conceited, or any other related synonym.
    I'm genuinely flabbergasted that this is the popular opinion.
    Rosy was told that she is This Trait, had it reinforced by the treatment of her peers, is sad that no one will ever care for her because of any of her own merits or interests, and thinks that it's the only quality of hers that offers her a chance at real relationships.
    This poor little potato just wants someone to like her for herself, and be left alone to read her books, and low key resents having to be This Trait that she didn't ask for, and doesn't want...but is so dependent on now bc she genuinely thinks it's all she has going for her.
    MANY SAD :disappointed:

Hmmm. I will take this into consideration before passing judgement. I get she’s not self absorbed in that she uses her “beauty” with the intention to attract the opposite sex or same for that matter, but she feels it regardless of the reason. Which is indeed sad. But I felt like she was using her looks as a reason that she would be able to keep Rowan. :(

I feel like it would be really bizarre if she didn't make those assumptions about Rowan, given her neurosis regarding physical beauty; taking it as fact that she is beautiful, and fact that being beautiful is how you attain love, ergo Rowan must love her because she is beautiful, and will stay with her because he loves her beauty...which is somehow equated with loving her, even though on some level she must resent that, even as she desperately relies on it. If she doesn't have that, she has nothing else, because nothing else of hers has been valued.
    So I would agree that her looks are why she thinks Rowan will stay, but I don't fault her for thinking it, she's been taught this is how it's supposed to work.
    I just want to hug her and tell her she's got so much more value :bawling:
    nicely worded, wife 👌
    @AudreyFld yeah I think “vain” is too strong of a word but I also think that her presumption that Rowan must obviously be in love with her (due to her beauty) is a little... 🤔 I dunno! I can’t think of the right word haha That’s the part that didn’t sit quite right with me.

I think on a subconscious level, Rosaline has shifted from full-on resenting her beauty to relying on it, in Rowan’s case! But she definitely still sees it as a burden as well, and doesn’t recognize her own self-worth (she and Cosette have more in common than they might think!)

It’s very sad to see her putting so much stock into that one aspect of herself. But I also think that learning Rowan doesn’t (yet?) have feelings for her might be both a blessing and a curse down the line... It might be upsetting but it also might open her eyes to the fact that there’s more to her than just her beauty (and maybe also make him even more attractive, because he’d be the first person, to her knowledge, who has seen that!). Which is something she needs to see, for many reasons :heart:

I don't think she actually relies on it. Using Rowan's case doesn't really work out because she doesn't exactly have romantic feelings for him (do I add a 'yet' here too 🤔), and so far what we know is that she tolerates his company since, in her words, they mutually understand each other because they're around the same age and have enough patience to deal with their younger relatives (Cosette for Rosaline, Xan for Rowan). I don't think it's a proper background to draw the conclusion that Rosaline finds her beauty an asset here on a romantic stage because it's not an asset to her right now, it's still a liability in that aspect; She isn't in love with anyone. The only thing she gets from Rowan is the fact that he's playing Xan-Away Spray™️ and that it's convenient.

What is a good conclusion is what you mentioned of being the shock that she'll get when she realizes he doesn't actually like her that way though. She spent her whole life so far with everyone only complimenting her on her beauty versus her own talents, so yeah, she doesn't believe that there'd be anyone who'd actually approach her without beauty being a reason. Rowan telling her about Cosette's idea made her eyeroll and think "Sure, Jan" because no other member of the opposite sex had ever expressed interest in her without wanting to get somewhere with her. Fishy deal, since her track record with guys are usually "omg ilu rosaline, even if u like *shudder* books" as we saw in the glimpse of her childhood in the recent chapter.
    Maybe it'll result in her being interested in him later, but who knows? So far the only thing that can actually grab her attention is books. Maybe if Rowan became one... He's already part tree, so halfway there I guess

I don't understand the latter part though, why would Rowan be the first person to 'see' she's more than just a pretty face? 🤔 He's into her sister Cosette 110%. If anything, she'd just be shocked he isn't into her because of her beauty, or at all for that matter, no realization about her self worth at all. Rather, the blow from the shock would likely be worthlessness, since to her, beauty is the only thing she has.
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    Rolling in as the voice of opposition for the discussion of Rosaline's self image O..O
    I don't think she's vain, or full of herself, or conceited, or any other related synonym.
    I'm genuinely flabbergasted that this is the popular opinion.
    Rosy was told that she is This Trait, had it reinforced by the treatment of her peers, is sad that no one will ever care for her because of any of her own merits or interests, and thinks that it's the only quality of hers that offers her a chance at real relationships.
    This poor little potato just wants someone to like her for herself, and be left alone to read her books, and low key resents having to be This Trait that she didn't ask for, and doesn't want...but is so dependent on now bc she genuinely thinks it's all she has going for her.
    MANY SAD :disappointed:

Hmmm. I will take this into consideration before passing judgement. I get she’s not self absorbed in that she uses her “beauty” with the intention to attract the opposite sex or same for that matter, but she feels it regardless of the reason. Which is indeed sad. But I felt like she was using her looks as a reason that she would be able to keep Rowan. :(

I feel like it would be really bizarre if she didn't make those assumptions about Rowan, given her neurosis regarding physical beauty; taking it as fact that she is beautiful, and fact that being beautiful is how you attain love, ergo Rowan must love her because she is beautiful, and will stay with her because he loves her beauty...which is somehow equated with loving her, even though on some level she must resent that, even as she desperately relies on it. If she doesn't have that, she has nothing else, because nothing else of hers has been valued.
    So I would agree that her looks are why she thinks Rowan will stay, but I don't fault her for thinking it, she's been taught this is how it's supposed to work.
    I just want to hug her and tell her she's got so much more value :bawling:
    nicely worded, wife 👌
    @AudreyFld yeah I think “vain” is too strong of a word but I also think that her presumption that Rowan must obviously be in love with her (due to her beauty) is a little... 🤔 I dunno! I can’t think of the right word haha That’s the part that didn’t sit quite right with me.

I think on a subconscious level, Rosaline has shifted from full-on resenting her beauty to relying on it, in Rowan’s case! But she definitely still sees it as a burden as well, and doesn’t recognize her own self-worth (she and Cosette have more in common than they might think!)

It’s very sad to see her putting so much stock into that one aspect of herself. But I also think that learning Rowan doesn’t (yet?) have feelings for her might be both a blessing and a curse down the line... It might be upsetting but it also might open her eyes to the fact that there’s more to her than just her beauty (and maybe also make him even more attractive, because he’d be the first person, to her knowledge, who has seen that!). Which is something she needs to see, for many reasons :heart:

I don't think she actually relies on it. Using Rowan's case doesn't really work out because she doesn't exactly have romantic feelings for him (do I add a 'yet' here too 🤔), and so far what we know is that she tolerates his company since, in her words, they mutually understand each other because they're around the same age and have enough patience to deal with their younger relatives (Cosette for Rosaline, Xan for Rowan). I don't think it's a proper background to draw the conclusion that Rosaline finds her beauty an asset here on a romantic stage because it's not an asset to her right now, it's still a liability in that aspect; She isn't in love with anyone. The only thing she gets from Rowan is the fact that he's playing Xan-Away Spray™️ and that it's convenient.

What is a good conclusion is what you mentioned of being the shock that she'll get when she realizes he doesn't actually like her that way though. She spent her whole life so far with everyone only complimenting her on her beauty versus her own talents, so yeah, she doesn't believe that there'd be anyone who'd actually approach her without beauty being a reason. Rowan telling her about Cosette's idea made her eyeroll and think "Sure, Jan" because no other member of the opposite sex had ever expressed interest in her without wanting to get somewhere with her. Fishy deal, since her track record with guys are usually "omg ilu rosaline, even if u like *shudder* books" as we saw in the glimpse of her childhood in the recent chapter.
    Maybe it'll result in her being interested in him later, but who knows? So far the only thing that can actually grab her attention is books. Maybe if Rowan became one... He's already part tree, so halfway there I guess

I don't understand the latter part though, why would Rowan be the first person to 'see' she's more than just a pretty face? 🤔 He's into her sister Cosette 110%. If anything, she'd just be shocked he isn't into her because of her beauty, or at all for that matter, no realization about her self worth at all. Rather, the blow from the shock would likely be worthlessness, since to her, beauty is the only thing she has.

Aaaaa, yes, exactly! U FEEL ROSY.
    That's a rly great point about asset vs liability! 10/10 I had not considered :kissing_heart:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Wow! Such in depth character analysis! Makes you think!
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Ivy gets up to a little fae mischief...

iZXiIjm.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    NAKKED GOLDEN BEETS!!
    :scream:
    Ok, they wearing water suits ;)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @WagonFruit LOL, "golden beets" will never not crack me up. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    I love these two! <3 Although I know this ship isn't really possible. :bawling: Good on Ivy for trying out her fae! :) Totally gonna get caught. :#
  • Options
    @haswh <3<3 Ivy's having a little too much fun with her fae side, LOL.

...But you're right, totally gonna get caught. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @haswh wrote: »
    I love these two! <3 Although I know this ship isn't really possible. :bawling: Good on Ivy for trying out her fae! :) Totally gonna get caught. :#

Awww. Don’t say that. Maybe cause she’s fae it doesn’t matter? Even if it’s super awkward....
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Wow! I’m gone for a while and we’ve got a full on debate about Rosalines character. I don’t know about you but I’m here for the ships. And I like em just the way they are.

Hand me some popcorn please because I know they aren’t staying as they are (Rosaline will be hurt by Rowan using her and Cosette will be upset R lied to her. Huh boy. R is about to be in the hot seat! Someone bring a fire extinguisher cuz woods about to burn!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Wow! I’m gone for a while and we’ve got a full on debate about Rosalines character. I don’t know about you but I’m here for the ships. And I like em just the way they are.

Hand me some popcorn please because I know they aren’t staying as they are (Rosaline will be hurt by Rowan using her and Cosette will be upset R lied to her. Huh boy. R is about to be in the hot seat! Someone bring a fire extinguisher cuz woods about to burn!)
    Poor Twig boy ... reduced to firewood! :bawling:
  • Options
    @AudreyFld Hey, it didn't matter at all to Fox and Griffin! LOL. But Ivy's had a very human upbringing...

@pammiechick Priorities. ;) I hope you enjoy the cruise buffet.

These kids are hiding too many secrets, and they have to come into the open eventually, right...? Probably at the worst time. :grimace: The teen arc isn't too much longer though...!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Oooooo I missed so much. Interesting reads on Rosaline personally I hope she realizes that Xanny fancies her because she stuck up for him against 7 demonic sisters and sees her as a possible protection against further torment. Or Xanny and Rowan, come on I mean why not....after all both girls are giving them the run around, perhaps horns could lock in commiseration and Rowan could start obsessing over plums rather than chest froots. That's it, I'm calling it RoXann! (Let me dream and no I don't have a problem with them being uncle and nephew because hey....the family tree already!) OMG it really is a family tree now that Primrose has popped out her baby Groot! *snort lmao snort*

Ivy and Cirrus, personally and this is my own inner evil coming forth, Ideally Clem would find out too late to stop the progress of this affair. As in perfect daughter project is dropped and she has to start perfect grandson/daughter project instead. Can you imagine? Clem at the bottom of the hospital bed making sure she gave birth perfectly? The giving Cirrus and Fox the cold shoulder for the rest of their unnatural lives? Ok to be honest I just want Ivy and Cirrus to be together and happy but it does worry me if the lad isn't picking up on Fox's own longing to be with his twin....in which case I don't know...Cossette? (bcz I love her!)

Yeah, that's it from me, got a bit involved there for a minute or two. Great reading again, I do love how your characters all have flaws and yet are all really loveable at the same time, even (dare I say it?) Orlando.

*whispers* RoXann.........
  • Options
    @Bloosmoo LOL, now I have a certain song stuck in my head!

Rosaline definitely doesn't realize why Xan actually likes her--it just never occurred to her that it'd be anything other than her looks. She'd probably be much less cold to him if she knew the truth.

You're really trying to break my family trees for good, aren't you? 😭😭😭😭😭 This gen's was already a doozy... And the family tree program I use didn't want to acknowledge Lani's two marriages at the same time, LOL.

I really can imagine Clem doing that btw. :scream: And thank you. <3<3 Glad you love these weirdos too, flaws and all!!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member

Poor Twig boy ... reduced to firewood! :bawling:

Lol!!! Well we love him anyway even if he gets burnt to a crisp by women’s scorn! 🔥
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Anders is determined to help Lyra...

JOt67td.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Hai, Anders, u stallion u :kissing_heart:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Boy, those final words really cut deep for me. Anders is definitely not alone in feeling like that.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @WagonFruit 😘

@GlacierSnow Awww. :'( Daisy was definitely one of those moms who told her sons they were special and could do anything they put their minds to...but as a doctor and even just an adult, Anders has learned he can't help everyone. He's a lot more jaded than Caspian now, sadly.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    I don't like seeing Anders so sad! :/ I sure hope that Lyra will pop up in his life again and he will be able to help her. A sea witch can't be better than Anders, can she? 🤔
  • Options
    Anders you scrummymabob, it's time you adopted and also realized that a dog is a perfect child substitute! Caspian probably put more thought into adopting Chorizo than a lot of parents put into having their kids. Kids are an act of biology, dogs are an act of love for loves sake. He's all hung up on kids, but he should know as a doctor just how over-rated an experience that can be for some people. Puppy or baby? That is the question. (The answer is puppy if you have to keep it, baby if you get to hug it and hand it back) Personally if I were Daisy, I'd be thrilled to have Chorizo for a grandchild. Don't get me wrong I feel for him, I really do, loneliness is a killer....but if he put himself out there pretty sure he wouldn't be lonely for too long. Anders get a dog, a cat, a hamster....hell a gold fish! Caspian, take your older brother out, you know the formula, drunk, laid, tattooed....

Onto Lyra who is just the best....you have to be a special kind of gal to date your Mother's ex. I guess it's always good to compare notes, I suppose.....and how is that going to work? I mean if this mermaid thing is an egg donor that implies the males have the babies and that's going to be interesting! (Oh yeah Mum, I totally knocked him up! How come you didn't?) I don't know, perhaps Ellie will be the one to get punchy this time around.
  • Options
    Oh and keep the eyeliner Anders....it'll get you nooboos faster than you can say the words wooooooo hoooooo!!!!
  • Options
    @haswh Aww, the sadness will probably be fleeting compared to a vampire's full lifespan. <3 And there's a pretty good chance they'll meet again. ;)

@Bloosmoo LOL! No one likes being pressured about having kids--though Caspian is probably more tolerant than most. It's a very personal decision and not Anders' business at all--and I agree with you about puppies, shhhh. ;) Somehow I have way more dogs than cats in Fangs for some reason, I wonder why.

And Chorizo really should have more clothes--Daisy would probably love buying them for him and calling him her grandbaby, LOL. Guess it's pretty hot where they are, though.

Ellie probably won't get punchy--but she'd be down for comparing notes. >:)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I sure hope Anders isn't succumbing to the Eternal Sadness vampire weakness.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".