Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @AudreyFld Could any sunglasses withstand a blindingly pale vampire lighthouse?
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @Bugsie2016 You'll be happy you know your ship has its own lighthouse:

Ly3XPgW.png

LOL :joy:
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    EA lighting drives me nuts!!!! I have to turn off lights for shots! :|
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @pammiechick The lighting! :scream: Especially with all my poor vampires. I've started turning off all the lights in a room and re-enabling them one by own, if dimming the house as a whole isn't enough. A lot of houses I download off the gallery will have a ton of lights (especially candles, candles everywhere) so I have to be careful, rofl.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @pammiechick The lighting! :scream: Especially with all my poor vampires. I've started turning off all the lights in a room and re-enabling them one by own, if dimming the house as a whole isn't enough. A lot of houses I download off the gallery will have a ton of lights (especially candles, candles everywhere) so I have to be careful, rofl.

Yeah. It’s become such a problem this year I feel like..yeah, those vampire skins glow!!!! Ugh.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Ophelia's parents come for a visit...

2sYQLRc.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I love that Ophelia seems to ship Lyanna and Orlando ;) Ha!
    Also wondering whether the fact that they seem to be in a mansion that belongs to Graham will come into play at all? Hmm... I’d love to see him show up on set someday :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Shipping it~

I keep forgetting Ophelia isn't a vampire, even now. It's sweet seeing her with her parents, and oh Bianca, dramatic as ever. Eee her deciding to be nice to Rhys...
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 Ophelia is a shipper for sure. ;) And who knows (except for me), we might see the owner of the castle eventually...!

@SeaDragonSong <3<3 Ophelia is more of a vampire than Benedict and Leopold combined, despite her lack of fangs. And Bianca, dramatic? ;) I can't believe it!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited March 2018
    I loved the picture of Ophelia (Bianca?) subbing for Venus in Botticelli's painting. Not sure that's sadness in Rhys's eyes, but if that's what Ophelia sees, more power to her. Batty is not going to like this, though.

Edited to add: "not" as in Batty is not going to like this.
    Post edited by MVWdeZT on
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT It's Bianca, shhhh. ;) There's a bigger painting that may appear in a future chapter that makes it more obvious. Whether Rhys means to or not, he probably does give off an air of loneliness, even if Ophelia apparently can't pick up on his actual feelings toward her, LOL.

Batty will have an opinion, all right...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    I thoroughly enjoyed that chapter! :) Love that castle. I didn't know it was Graham's until someone mentioned it. I was hoping Opheila could someday live there, it's perfect for her. It has writerly inspiration the same as the funeral parlor. She really needs to be a vampiress! I enjoyed watching Rhys just lurking, stalking lounging around behind Opheila watching her every move. I think now that Bianca said be kind to him he will definitely take it down a romantic path if he can. Love her middle name! Yes, I caught where it came from. ;):D
  • Options
    @haswh I'm glad you enjoyed it!! <3<3 The chapter never outright said the castle belonged to Graham, but I guess some people picked up on some Graham-y clues I tried to sneak in. ;) I make it more explicitly clear in a future chapter though!

Ophelia would totally love to live there--Graham clearly knew what he was doing when picking out a castle for Bianca. Mother and daughter have similar tastes, apparently...

I love that you knew where her middle name came from. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Ophelia is so much fun. :D Her narrations crack me up because they remind me of Bianca, but they're more observant and astute. Rather than constantly panning every thought to her herself, she notices everything. She sees how Orlando and Lyanna's relationship is changing. She notes what Hamlet is like and how he treats Benny. But the most telling part of this chapter to me was her offhand comments about Benny:

"Father was always worrying about me, the way Mother always worried about Benny."
    "It was always Benny, but I didn’t mind. I was Father’s favorite."

HMMMMMMMMM. Knowing that Ophelia sees this makes me wonder if Leo does too. It'll be an interesting, educational visit from Mom and Dad Lyons, to be sure!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ah, now 2 Lyons siblings chapters to comment on. :blush:

Of course Benny's chapter was sweet with his happy dating with Hamlet and then later the talk between father and son. Though not very vampiristic to think about the sun, it was a warm and sunny chapter regardless. :smile:

And then Ophelia's chapter. :) The name of the castle they were shooting in made me smile and the book collection (and later I had to find that painting mentioned here in the comments :wink: ). :) And then her conversation with Lysander (and his lecture :D ). But the part about Rhys, it was emphatic from both mother and daughter. And a sobering thought/observation from Ophelia in this case: ... and he’d only ever asked if I’d seen Galatea on-set. I knew he had a brother, but he and Uncle Graham never mentioned him. The Straud siblings have had a very different youth and environment(s) than the Lyons siblings had. :cry:
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    Rophelia!!!

I don't know why but @Sassie 's comment just reminded me of the most random thing that is only slightly related to the comment itself. It's me and my head full of random lit references....
    Lyons is also the last name of a random character in a book I read about 3 years ago...I just remembered because it always made me think of the Lion. :lol:
  • Options
    @Haids5987 Fortunately, Ophelia doesn't have her mom's self-centered nature! Maybe she's got a little butler in her after all, noticing things about other people and their wants and needs?

Leopold is a mama's boy and normally worships Bianca, but even he admits she loses all sense when it comes to Benny. So he probably suspects too.

@Sassie Two for the price of one...! And I'm glad for warm and sunny, after some downer chapters lately. <3

LOL, I've noticed that the screenshot with the painting is getting a lot of clicks today! My secret is out. I actually made that pose since I couldn't find one and it was harder than I thought it'd be because Venus in the original doesn't seem to have entirely human anatomy.

Ophelia may be an adult, but she'll always be Lysander's little queen of darkness. <3 Unfortunately, the Straud kids didn't have the warm but weird upbringing the Lyons kids did...

@Bugsie2016 New ship? ;) And ha, that's cool about Lyons!

Lyons was actually the last name of my evil founder's evil husband in my first-ever Sims 4 save. His first name was Lyon and he was an aspiring model. Yes, Lyon Lyons. (Probably not his real name, shhh.) He stipulated that all the children of his line would have names beginning with Ly-, so their daughters were Lydia and Lyanna, and then Lyanna eventually had a baby with an alien and named it Lysander...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @Haids5987 Fortunately, Ophelia doesn't have her mom's self-centered nature! Maybe she's got a little butler in her after all, noticing things about other people and their wants and needs?

Leopold is a mama's boy and normally worships Bianca, but even he admits she loses all sense when it comes to Benny. So he probably suspects too.

@Sassie Two for the price of one...! And I'm glad for warm and sunny, after some downer chapters lately. <3

LOL, I've noticed that the screenshot with the painting is getting a lot of clicks today! My secret is out. I actually made that pose since I couldn't find one and it was harder than I thought it'd be because Venus in the original doesn't seem to have entirely human anatomy.

Ophelia may be an adult, but she'll always be Lysander's little queen of darkness. <3 Unfortunately, the Straud kids didn't have the warm but weird upbringing the Lyons kids did...

@Bugsie2016 New ship? ;) And ha, that's cool about Lyons!

Lyons was actually the last name of my evil founder's evil husband in my first-ever Sims 4 save. His first name was Lyon and he was an aspiring model. Yes, Lyon Lyons. (Probably not his real name, shhh.) He stipulated that all the children of his line would have names beginning with Ly-, so their daughters were Lydia and Lyanna, and then Lyanna eventually had a baby with an alien and named it Lysander...

@LadyLobster Hopefully your Lyonses end up better than that character. :#
    The ending of the book, he died. Everything led up to that moment. It's actually a musical (I read the book version)...so drama!! I'll wiki link it for you.
  • Options
    HGR has a face only Ophelia could love. Bleh! :D

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 That's so sad. :'( I hope mine end up better too...I should make them all immortal!

@pammiechick What, don't you just love this little face...?

fCRAeyh.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I will not let handsome doggo Batty be slandered like this. He's perfect. <3
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I will not let handsome doggo Batty be slandered like this. He's perfect. <3

Definitely a subjective topic. :tongue::trollface:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Bugsie2016 That's so sad. :'( I hope mine end up better too...I should make them all immortal!

@pammiechick What, don't you just love this little face...?

fCRAeyh.png

That thing dog ....thing....... a face only a mother could love....glad I’m not the mother. :)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    *snuggles HGR* It’s okay bb. They are just jealous of your beauty :bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    *snuggles HGR* It’s okay bb. They are just jealous of your beauty :bawling:
    In another form ..... maybe....