Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game keeps crashing! Please help!

Every time I try to load my family the game will play the loading screen for about a minute then completely shut down to the home screen of my laptop. I've repaired the game and it keeps doing it. The only mod I have is mc command center and its updated and has been working fine all along until today. Idk what to do.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue .
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Check that your graphics drivers are up to date.

If after doing all the above things the issue still continues, could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    @rosemow ok before I do that I also want to share that it is only one household that is doing that. Any other save loads fine. Could there be some type of corruption in that particular save that is causing it to crash? Thank you
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited January 2017
    yupp wrote: »
    @rosemow ok before I do that I also want to share that it is only one household that is doing that. Any other save loads fine. Could there be some type of corruption in that particular save that is causing it to crash? Thank you

Hello.
    Go to manage households and move the sims household to another home. Test to see if you can load the household there.
    Then go into build mode on the original lot. Save the home to the library, Then bulldoze the home. Place the library version of the home back onto the lot. Then move your sims back to the original lot and see if the issue remains.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.