Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University

Is anyone else dying for a university pack? what would you like to see in it?

I really cant wait for frat houses and sororities, After Lecture clubs like chess club and Drama. Big parties and Hungover classes. I think its a pack that has a lot of potential, and will give some greatly needed purpose to the young adult age. Classes could befit your chances of starting a job at a higher promotion. Or unlock new career options. I have so many ideas for items, Interactions and activities for a University pack <3<3

Let me know if you feel the same about young adults? I seem to get so much done as a young adult, That by adult comes I have 2 kids and maybe only a promotion or two left before I'm at the top of my field.

Or let me know your ideas for a university pack?

xx

Comments

• Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    I would like an university pack with every aspect of Thesims2 university but with that one open classroom from TS3 university as well. I honestly think that zombies are perfect for university ep occult, because many college students are pretty much zombies lol.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I'd love a university pack. Hopefully they can add proper dorms where you share a room or suite with an npc. It would be awesome if getting a degree actually led to some new careers, too, or perhaps unlocked different (new) branches of existing careers. Hopefully the keg will make a return, I thought that was a great addition in 3. I've also thought that this would be a good pack to add bunk beds or loft beds since those go with dorms.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I would want the classes to be playable, similar to the jobs in Get to Work, depending on your classes you will have different objectives to complete every day, Sororities and Frats would also add some unique living experiences, also exclusive careers for degrees. I can just think right now of some unique classroom gameplay for the different degrees that could possibly be offered,

Art Degree:
    - Dailey task of painting, a new gameplay feature could be sculpting
    - Every now and then an NPC will come in to pose nude and your sim will have to paint/sculpt them
    - Special opportunities will include going outside to find a specific item to paint/sculpt
    - A daily task could include asking a random stranger to pose for a painting/sculpture (which would include the new interaction "ask to pose", if it isn't in the game already)
    - Another task could be you have to go out in the environment to look for materials for art projects (Materials could be found in trash cans, boxes similar to those in City Living where you find snow globes, other sims, etc.)
    - Sims can have these "Eureka" moments similar to the scientist career where instead of inventions they will come up with new ideas for art projects
    - every now and then there will be an art convention for your sims to show off their art work and possibly sell some artwork

Athletic Degree:
    - Sims will be given the task to work out daily
    - Sims will have to watch what they eat, eat healthy and such
    - A daily task would be to go out on campus and encourage other sims to "eat healthy" or "work out"
    - two sims can push each other to push their limits
    - Sims will have to join a sports team (new gameplay, sports, football, base ball, soccer, and if you have city living basketball will also be an option)
    - depending on the sport team you join you will be given different objectives daily to practice for that sport
    - every so often there will be a game tournament, depending on if you win or lose it will effect your sims social status/influence

These are just some ideas for two possible degrees, the list could go on and on for both degrees, I believe it would be cool if the degrees could be set up in a career/social influence type way, for example when you first start the athletic classes you'll just be doing basic things like working out, and as you move up you will then be more influential on other sims to work out/eat healthy, as well as more recognisable on campus until you eventually become a star player. For the art degree you will start out by just doing basic things like painting, as you move up you can move onto sculpting, as your social influence increases other sims will be more willing to pose for your art, and eventually you will become a recognisable artist, people will call you and ask to create self portraits of them, etc.

If a university EP were to come out this is how I would want it to be similar like, big emphasis on the social influence part, I feel like a lot of opportunity can come from a sims social status/influence, especially in a university setting.

If you have other expansion packs there could be some cool new exclusives,

Get to Work:
    - Science degree, Medical degree, Business degree, and maybe some sort of detective degree?
    - if have a science degree you will unlock exclusive inventible items and elixirs for the scientist career, as well as new and different opportunities
    - if you have the medical degree there could be some exclusive new opportunities for sims part of the doctor career
    - if you have a detective degree there could also be some new exclusive opportunities
    - if you have a business degree there will be an automatic mark up on prices for objects that you sell and customers will be more willing to buy your items

(if classes were to be playable I seriously doubt that they would add 4 completely new/different degrees with 4 completely new playable classes with completely different goals and gameplay, it's like an expansion within an expansion almost, but would be really cool if they added in at least one new degree from Get to Work)

Get Together:
    - New clubs to join specific to the classes your sim is taking, or clubs just to be wild and out there
    - A new requirement could be to have a specific degree

City Living:
    - you can protest on campus for whatever reasons, this could effect your social status
    - as stated above a basketball team to join

Spa Day:
    - a new masseuse degree
    - with the degree you can open up your own personal masseuse business at home, you can get clients and whatnot

I believe a University EP could be a great opportunity to add some social status/influence into the game, social status could be a universal feature, not just for university attending sims.

But ya these are my ideas, there's a lot here, seriously doubt they would ever add all these in, but this is my wish list, especially the Social Influence part, even base game careers could include some new daily tasks based on the social influence feature.
  • Options
    FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member
    I'd love a university pack. Hopefully they can add proper dorms where you share a room or suite with an npc. It would be awesome if getting a degree actually led to some new careers, too, or perhaps unlocked different (new) branches of existing careers. Hopefully the keg will make a return, I thought that was a great addition in 3. I've also thought that this would be a good pack to add bunk beds or loft beds since those go with dorms.

OMG Dorms <3 Really would like new careers too.
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited January 2017
    I am absolutely dying for a University Pack! It was one of my faves from TS3.
    What I loved in TS3 UL that I'd like expanded upon/enhanced in TS4 (sorry, never play TS2 PC):
    • More with Greek life, rather than just living in a same-gender dormitory like in TS3. I suggest made up sororities/fraternities names (i.e. Llama Llama Gamma, Blarb Alpha Pheta Pi, :lol: ) to join with traits that each community is associated with largely.
    • I liked how you could play collegiate sports & attend games in the rabbit hole and this is probably too big a suggestion, but I think it'd be super neat if there was, like, seasonal sport specific things (for example, if it's winter - when seasons EP/GP comes out - basketball; if it's fall, soccer; if it's spring, baseball/track & field). I didn't like how the football field was just a vacant area in TS3 UL, which is why I think it'd be lit to see a field come to use. Lastly, it'd be cool if your sim could join a team and have practices at specific times and if they miss a certain amount of practices, they're off the team (with the team aspect, they could make team captain and have special moodlets or something).
    • I liked the Rebel, Jock, Nerd clique thingy that went on in TS3.
    • I loved the day jobs, where you could make some more pocket money and financial aid aspect in TS3 UL, where you could get aid for having specific traits/skills and in the UL World where you could apply for more aid and get money according to your academic standing.
    • I think clubs would be SOOOO cool. Like, Science Club, Nerd/Geek Club, Athletic Club, TV Club, Book Club. I think this would probably mesh well with the Get Together EP <3
    • Like another said, I liked the juice kegs.
    • Additionally, loved the bonfires. (EDIT: I forgot that there are already bonfires in TS4 - sorry, just bought a pack that added them to my game <3)

That's pretty much what I'd like to see :) I know some are a stretch and bit much, but I'd most definitely love to see clubs happen :)
    Post edited by Nomiko13 on
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I think Frats/Sororities/Secret Societies don't really need to make it in, since they can be accomplished with Clubs. Some togas, some Greek letter deco items, and a "Toga Party" event, sure. But as for actual Frats? I'm not too worried.

Ideally there'd be 2 worlds (I don't care if they're only 5 lots), a "party school" where Sims can go and just sort of cruise their way through, and a serious, MIT/Harvard-type school for the serious academics. The Party School should have a central quad as a public space, a football field (more on that below), a couple of dorms, and a lecture hall. Meanwhile, the MIT school has a robotics lab, where Sims can learn Bot Building.

In fact, I'd loveto see Bot Building make a comeback, as that'd be perfect for the MIT school. Sims who build a robot in their teens or childhood could get a scholarship for that school (or they could pay through the nose to go there, provided they're A-grade students in high school).

Meanwhile, the party school is cheaper, and focuses more on the traditional Sims University experience. Keggers, streaking, toga parties, and so on.

I want Football and Cheerleading activities, with the ability to form Clubs based on those activities, and a Park lot in the Party School that actually resembles a football field, with a locker room, bleachers, goals and so on.

I'm not too worried about non-dorm housing options, as if Sims want to live off-campus, well, that's what Newcrest is for. Sims can travel freely between worlds now, so I'd have no qualms about using another world for off-campus living.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Gonna add one more thing, because I really love University. It's my favourite EP theme by far.

We need exclusive careers for college-educated Sims.
    Sims currently in university should have access to the Teen part-time jobs to help make ends meet, but there should be other jobs for when they graduate:

Law could be a fun one, where we could branch into either Defense Attorney or Prosecutor, eventually leading to Judge and Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
    Education, so we can become the Dean ourselves. If they go with City Living-style careers, then perhaps we could start getting "semi-active" career days where we teach at the university itself. In a broader, school-themed EP, we might even see Elementary and High School events.

I'd love to see some kind of Pre-Med major, but the Medicine career is already in-game (via Get to Work), I'm having trouble working out what kind of career this may lead to. Maybe it doesn't need an exclusive career, and merely benefits the existing Medicine career.

As said above, some kind of robotics-themed major would be nice to see, leading to the return of the Bot Builder career, or even just a broader "Mechanic" career, complete with a greasy jumpsuit. Active days for this one might have us go out into the community to perform maintenance and repairs on Plumbots/Simbots/Servos living as townies, or even cars, if we ever get cars back.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    CountFavCountFav Posts: 352 Member
    I think University might work better as a Game Pack, and I've thought of a way to have open classes. (not just in university but in any world)

The way to create an open class room could be through the use of a podium. When placed in a room, we could select what class it will be for (science, art, cooking etc) and it would generate a random professor to give a lecture (sort of like Sims 3).

This would enable players to make classrooms where ever they want. Also maybe allow an option for choosing what ages can attend, this would allow for players to make schools for younger Sims (although they could only attend at when not in school)

A streamlined version of this would be for the podium to only offer a 'general' studies lecture, which any/all students would attend, and then students would have goals/targets/missions to finish ie. paint 10 paintings, swim for and hour, interview 3 sims etc.

Sims can also give a lecture/speech/talk about subjects i.e. "Aliens, are they real?" "What goes bump in the night?" "Art Theory" etc.

You could create an Arts building with painting room, crafting workshop, art gallery etc and lecture room. A Sports building with gym, swimming pool, spa and lecture room. We would have the freedom to create what ever class/building style we wanted.

Sim State University campus lots-
    Central square would be the open playable area around these lots, sims can hang/protest/party etc.

Lot 1- Student Union - Lecture theatre/Hangout/Library/Canteen/Coffee shop
    Lot 2- Dorms (3 flavours, Basic, Suite, Premium)
    Lot 3- Communications Building - Communications Major - Business/Writing/Secret Agent classes (social media/politics/law)
    Lot 4- Arts Building - Fine Arts Major - Painting/Entertainment/Culinary classes (critic)
    Lot 5- Sciences Building - Sciences Major - Astronaut/Tech/Athletics classes (science/medicine)

Commercial/Residential area lots-
    Lot 1- Frat House - Night club (can be turned into a rentable house if player wishes)
    Lot 2- Sorority House - Lounge/Cafe (can be turned into a rentable house if player wishes)
    Lot 3- Rentable Student House (with pre-mades)
    Lot 4- Rentable Student House (empty)
    Lot 5- *Maybe?* Apartment (Basic, Suite, Penthouse)

I'd also like to see these brought back-
    Laptops
    Study objects
    Scholarships/Grants
    Extreem frisbee
    Volley ball
    Happy sack
    Juice keg
    Herbs ;)
    Arcade
    Part time jobs
    Bunk beds
    Juice pong
    Murphy beds
  • Options
    @CountFav I dunno about a podium. I think a projector/laptop setup or a whiteboard would feel more "uni-like" for me.

My lecturers never sat behind a podium, they just kept all their junk there (including the laptop), and walked around the front on the room, using their little laser pointers at the Powerpoint presentation they were projecting.

There's some more gameplay with a Powerpoint presentation, too. They could have different slides for the various majors, and Mischevious Sims could even get it to project a photo of the player's choosing. That'd be fun. Imagine your Sim's professor going through the slides, when all of a sudden, there's one of their holiday snaps? Or even the professor woohooing with someone, for something a little more scandalous.

It could even use the Memories system that already exists, and have different reactions depending on what's going on in the photo.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I think it would be awesome to actually work as a teacher at the university.
  • Options
    @kwanzaabot A projector would be cool! As an object it would have to work as like a performance space. My lectures don't use a podium either, I was recycling that from Sims 3 tbh and City Life, as it would be easier for the developers :wink: but I forgot about the white board from Sims 3!
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »
    I think it would be awesome to actually work as a teacher at the university.

Ooh! And what about a TA (teacher assistant)? :open_mouth: That'd be super cool!
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Freyann wrote: »
    I really cant wait for frat houses and sororities,
    I really wish they wouldn't include them.
    They're not really a part of university life in most of the world, they're just something we see in american tv/movies.
    Let me know if you feel the same about young adults?
    Uni should be for all adults, even elders.

Hopefully they can add proper dorms where you share a room or suite with an npc.
    Are they really proper dorms? The vast majority of dorms in Australia are singles, and are for the few out of town students who don't have anywhere else to stay, usually just first years. Most uni students here either still live at home, or live in a share house.

I am a huge fan of the Uni eps in the past, but it would be nice if any future uni pack was a bit more global, and a lot less USAcentric.

I live in a city that has 3 major universities, each having at least 2 campuses (in the one city). Not one of them has a frat house, and the dorms are all single rooms, for students from the country, or for international students. Very few aussies go to uni in a different state, because most of our states have multiple, good unis, meaning you have choice at home.

In Australia, we have a lot of international and mature students who attend uni, so our university culture is quite different to what you have in the US. But that's not to say that we don't get to have wild parties. Colleges here are either highschools, or are a part of a university that focuses in a particular field, such as a medical college, and these university colleges sometimes host parties or pub crawls.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    This is one of those game/expansion packs that would depend on how it was presented.
    On the one hand it would be great to have my Honor teens age-up and go to college, but it would have to mean something.
    I don't want xx numbers of days of goofy college games with some point and click classes sprinkled in.
    While the social experience of college is important. Most people don't spend thousands of dollar just to go to keg parties.

For it to be worth it to me
    1. Separate degrees for different job types. None of the in this art degree all you do is paint but somehow it covers music to.
    2. It would have to be a separate world. No add these buildings to your existing neighborhoods.
    3. It would have to have some major mechanical benefits to my sims. examples being higher starting rank in your job, traits for your area of expertise, higher paid then a sim without a degree, etc.
    4. It would have to all be interactive and not just off to college select you level of engagement for today.
    5. There would have to be away to age-up my teen friends and schoolmates so I could go to college with them.
    6. Finally the other students would need to be there to go to college and not just as people to hangout and party with.

That all said I'm not against a university game/expansion packs, it just needs to be done right.
  • Options
    Also in Sims 3 university my sim fell in love with a classmate and they got married after graduation only to find that he did not have a degree since I was not controlling him. this needs to be addressed in a sim 4 version if they make it. I would not care if it was randomly selected but if he/she spent that much time at college they should have a degree.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Tenchi2a wrote: »
    Also in Sims 3 university my sim fell in love with a classmate and they got married after graduation only to find that he did not have a degree since I was not controlling him. this needs to be addressed in a sim 4 version if they make it. I would not care if it was randomly selected but if he/she spent that much time at college they should have a degree.

You do know that with the Sims 3 University EP you could have send your sim back to Uni at any age?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    University sounds good especially if it was like Sims 3 where anyone age from YA to Elder gets to go to college and also be like Sims 3 with going to the classes not like Sims 2 when you were college for like ever. Teens should have an exam for like a scholarship and also skills especially for what they want to major in when they graduate.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Tenchi2a wrote: »

You do know that with the Sims 3 University EP you could have send your sim back to Uni at any age?

the point was he had already been there the whole time with my sim. but since he was an npc at the time he did not get his degree.
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    Are they really proper dorms? The vast majority of dorms in Australia are singles, and are for the few out of town students who don't have anywhere else to stay, usually just first years. Most uni students here either still live at home, or live in a share house.

Being that this is TS4, and we can travel freely between worlds, I have every confidence that a TS4 University pack would include a "live at home" option, but also the ability to live in American-style dorms.

In fact, since we can travel between worlds, the University campus itself might only contain dorms (and some classrooms), since we can always use Newcrest as our off-campus living option.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    @kwanzaabot because we're free to travel between worlds, I wouldn't mind if we were only given a campus for classrooms and dorms. But I would like a sort of 'Student' area for little rentable houses and dorms.
  • Options
    CountFav wrote: »
    @kwanzaabot because we're free to travel between worlds, I wouldn't mind if we were only given a campus for classrooms and dorms. But I would like a sort of 'Student' area for little rentable houses and dorms.

Same. All I really want is a central quad (public space), a lecture hall at one end of the campus, a football field at the other, and a couple of dorms.

Rentable houses would be interesting to see. It'd be nice if that came in a patch, so we could use them in other worlds.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    a football field

Like this?
    Lake_Wendouree_Football_Netball.jpg

Or like this?
    Stevenson-Field2.gif?max_height=200&max_width=300

I'm guessing the second one, since that's the global version of football.

But why not include a cricket pitch?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    a football field

Like this?
    Lake_Wendouree_Football_Netball.jpg

Or like this?
    Stevenson-Field2.gif?max_height=200&max_width=300

I'm guessing the second one, since that's the global version of football.

But why not include a cricket pitch?

I was thinking more American football.
    I'm Australian, but I enjoy playing the American college experience in The Sims.

Over here the "university experience" is basically "live with mum, go to classes (or bludge and watch the lecture slides online), go out for cheap drinks Wednesday". It's not very college-y.

Cricket should absolutely be in the game (but I envision it more like backyard cricket with a pair of bins, or beach cricket with plastic bats), but I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat waiting for soccer, when the Athlete career basically has our Sims as soccer players already.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    SimPandasSimPandas Posts: 10 New Member
    How 'bout have some sort of cool frat designer, and frat aspirations. Would be really fun (like clubs). However, maybe if they just in general, add a sims university to the current game and make it like any other job, which could boost career percentage. I really don't know.
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited January 2017
    I so badly want the UNIVERSITY PACK! A wonderful and dramatic campus life for my sims !
    I really really hope that this year sims 4 university expansion pack will come out!! ONLY THIS YEAR!!
    WHEN!!!

I'd love to see
    dormitories,
    bunk'd beds,
    pool tables, (for college students' entertainment)
    a photo booth,
    spiral staircases,
    laptops (univ students DO USE laptops a lot!)
    urinals for college boys,
    bathroom stalls for public restrooms,
    bathroom wall showerheads,
    vending machines, (COME ON, in school campuses, why not)
    indoor decks,
    washing machines and dryers,
    an air hockey table,
    a pinball game machine,
    a pump-it-up arcade machine,
    Musical band jam session(including drums, electric guitars),
    a soccer field,
    an ice rink,
    lounge chairs,
    playing frisbee,
    jump-roping,
    playing badminton and table tennis,
    archery,
    chalkboards and whiteboards,

Oh and 'actually going to lectures' ,
    classrooms

I seriously want all of these in the university expansion pack if it's a thing, and
    of course I am willing to pay a lot only if the expansion pack includes all of those things I listed here.

CAN'T be more patient!!