Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Second Chances: GENERATION 2 [UPDATED: 3/13/19]

Comments

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I sympathized with her last chapter a little...even then it was clear that it was a rash (if irresponsible and bad) thing she said upon discovering that she was naked in bed with Derek and now there's no ambiguity. Plus Olivia actually made a few cute faces here. :grin:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited March 2018
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Okay, now that I'm out of the hospital and feeling a bit better I give you the chapter that should have been posted on Monday.

Poor you! :( I'm glad you're okay though.

Thank you. If it hadn't been for the hospital and all the pain I've been in, this chapter would have been out earlier, and Chapter 25 would have come out today. So, yeah, I am totally disappointed I am only getting two chapters out this week. I might try and get a third out this weekend to make up for lost time. I really want to get through this gen. I have so much planned for Gen 3.
    My theory:
    She's pregnant.
    There's no way Derek's gonna get out of thus scot-free.

We shall see if your theory proves correct.
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @orangeplumbob - So sorry you were in the hospital! Very glad you are out and feeling better. Great chapter! So glad it worked out. It seems that with Derek every boneheaded decision he makes gets him into trouble. He needs to stop that! But I do think he does very quickly learn from his mistakes. I hope he knows he got off easy...It will teach him not to drink so much in the future...I hope.
  • Options
    LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    I just started your story, Second Chances, I am only a little bit half way through Gen One but let me tell you so far I love this story, there is so much humanity in the characters. I look forward to continuing the saga
  • Options
    I just started your story, Second Chances, I am only a little bit half way through Gen One but let me tell you so far I love this story, there is so much humanity in the characters. I look forward to continuing the saga

Good choice. It's great!
  • Options
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @orangeplumbob - So sorry you were in the hospital! Very glad you are out and feeling better. Great chapter! So glad it worked out. It seems that with Derek every boneheaded decision he makes gets him into trouble. He needs to stop that! But I do think he does very quickly learn from his mistakes. I hope he knows he got off easy...It will teach him not to drink so much in the future...I hope.

He does make some very boneheaded decisions doesn't he? Hopefully he doesn't do too much of that when he's an adult.

Aww thank you! I look forward to hearing on what you think of the story. It's always nice to get new readers, so welcome!
  • Options
    Ok, if you are not aware, there is a huge apartments bug in game right now. Basically if you go in game and then either switch to another house, visit another lot, edit another lot, or anything in San Myshuno, stuff goes missing in your played apartment. Second Chances is set in San Myshuno in an apartment, and I am not willing to risk my saves to get photos. The next chapter Derek is an adult, and I have a lot I would need to do to edit him, the house, and other things. So, for now, until this game breaking bug is fixed, Second Chances is on hiatus. This isn't by choice. I had been so excited to age Derek up and continue this story, but I am not willing to risk ruining the apartment I've worked on since I started this story. It's not worth it.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Ok, if you are not aware, there is a huge apartments bug in game right now. Basically if you go in game and then either switch to another house, visit another lot, edit another lot, or anything in San Myshuno, stuff goes missing in your played apartment. Second Chances is set in San Myshuno in an apartment, and I am not willing to risk my saves to get photos. The next chapter Derek is an adult, and I have a lot I would need to do to edit him, the house, and other things. So, for now, until this game breaking bug is fixed, Second Chances is on hiatus. This isn't by choice. I had been so excited to age Derek up and continue this story, but I am not willing to risk ruining the apartment I've worked on since I started this story. It's not worth it.

That's terrible. :( I hope it gets fixed soon. Have you reported the bug?
  • Options

Oh it's been reported by more than a few dozen people, and EA/Maxis is aware of the bug. It's on both this forum and the QA Bug page. I'm not even risking going into game with this bug. I'm following the pages, and waiting for EA to put an update out to fix this. This last patch did a lot of weird stuff from what I've been reading on the tech threads. This bug just affects Second Chances.
  • Options

Oh it's been reported by more than a few dozen people, and EA/Maxis is aware of the bug. It's on both this forum and the QA Bug page. I'm not even risking going into game with this bug. I'm following the pages, and waiting for EA to put an update out to fix this. This last patch did a lot of weird stuff from what I've been reading on the tech threads. This bug just affects Second Chances.

I'm glad I moved my main story to a house but this will cause problems with one of my others. I'll be waiting along with you for a fix!!!
  • Options

I'm glad I moved my main story to a house but this will cause problems with one of my others. I'll be waiting along with you for a fix!!!

Someday, the Ryders might move into a house. But Eli and Sam aren't financially there (at least story wise. Game wise, I could buy a house, but not going to).
  • Options
    NicoletteSimsNicoletteSims Posts: 364 Member
    Man, being patient so EA fixes their glitch actually hurts me. :smile:
    Links on my wall:
    >>The Eastman's: Sun/Wed/Thurs>>Days Of Golden: Mon>>Catching Up With The Clarkes: Tues/Fri
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member

Hmmm....I’ve played in SM with the bug, in apartments and haven’t noticed the bug. At all. In fact, you’ll see, I’ve switched from Beau’s hair salon to an apartment, have had to put in the teleporter and I haven’t seen the glitch. I wonder if this is happening in all games.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    I have seen it but don’t have a clue what was removed. Ben’s crew was living in an apartment in San Myshuno and I moved them out to be with Ben for screenshots. When I loaded a save it tells me some items were removed....But I have no idea what was removed. I think it’s supposed to be furniture with clutter on it maybe. Definitely a bug. I hope it’s fixed quickly because I miss Derek! I am so anxious to see him all grown up! And Eli....I love Eli. <3 He’s such a good Dad and Hubby.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Oops double posted....
  • Options
    @orangeplumbob Have you heard they fixed apartments in yesterday's patch?? :smiley:
  • Options
    @orangeplumbob Have you heard they fixed apartments in yesterday's patch?? :smiley:

I've downloaded the patch and the updates for mods. Problem is, I've been really sick since the first of March. I've been struggling with my health and am currently in the hospital and am need for surgery. I had one yesterday, but the procedure failed. I miss my Sims and the Ryders, but it's really hard to do stuff you love while in the pain that I've been in.

The next two weeks Second Chances is currently featured for the Book Club here on the forums, and I will be participating in that as well, if anything to keep my mind off the pain and stuff I am going through in life.
  • Options

I've downloaded the patch and the updates for mods. Problem is, I've been really sick since the first of March. I've been struggling with my health and am currently in the hospital and am need for surgery. I had one yesterday, but the procedure failed. I miss my Sims and the Ryders, but it's really hard to do stuff you love while in the pain that I've been in.

The next two weeks Second Chances is currently featured for the Book Club here on the forums, and I will be participating in that as well, if anything to keep my mind off the pain and stuff I am going through in life.

Sorry you're in pain. I know it's no ones fault but I hope the next surgery goes well. Wishing you luck with that! :) Focus on getting better first. Sims and simlit are hobbies, your health is first priority. :)
  • Options

Sending hugs and well wishes your way. <3 Take care of you first as always! I will check out the book club!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sorry you're feeling badly. Get better!!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    just popping in here.. just so you know I'm the Coffee Host for the book club next week (I was the one who nominated the story for the Book club)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Okay, a little bit of an update, because I totally should give you all an update since I posted back in like April. So, here's the dealio. I had a hysterectomy in May. All my pain has left the building. I am 100%. A few weeks ago I was set to load the Sims. Then Seasons was announced. Now, to not give too much of a Spoiler, I have a chapter plan in like two chapters (if I remember correctly) where the boys will be heading up to the mountains during winter break. This was planned a long while ago. I started searching for snow mods and weather mods, then when Seasons was announced, I was like: well then THAT is when I will update SC. Now, as you are aware, I haven't updated. I watched the bugs come up, and the other issues many fellow simmers have, and I just shook my head. No way was I updating my game or buying seasons quite yet. Now, this week, I've been studying for a test I need to take in order to be licensed to teach in Utah. That's on Friday. My brother is also coming to visit us that same day and stay through the weekend. I haven't seen him in five years! So, update is coming next week if all goes according to plan and I don't get sucked into another video game. (Glares at Steam Sales.)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    [Newspaper whacking] no! No Steam for you. :p

Seriously, glad to hear that the pain is taken care of! Who wants a hysterectomy for nothing.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Hey @orangeplumbob !!! Missed seeing you around. Glad to hear you're feeling better now! :) Take whatever time you need to get the chapter done, we can all wait. :)
  • Options
    @orangeplumbob *runs around squealing* I need want this SOOOO bad! I am very happy you are feeling better. Life without pain is a very good thing! <3

Been there, done that with the hysto, so happy to share stories privately! :blush:

FYI - I have seasons and all the mods I use SEEM to be working.... :)