March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Second Chances: GENERATION 2 [UPDATED: 3/13/19]

1161718192022...Next

Comments

• SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    @orangeplumbob So glad to hear your health's improved! As for your next update, I'm going to bookmark your thread so I don't miss it -- I love the way you bring your characters to life.
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    I did it! It's finally here! Derek's Young Adult Arc! Thank you all for your patience. I am back. I am hoping to get another chapter out while I am on vacation, and then I should be back to 2 or 3 posts a week.

Chapter 25: Officer Derek Ryder
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I'm gasping for air and also jealous of your mad vacation updating talent. ;)

I wish babes, chicks, and ladies on both new officers!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Lover WitcHazard: OMG I’m crying it’s finally happened! Derek is legal I can add him to my collection! <3

Dark WitcHazard: Yes now bring on the corrupt cops! Will Derek make it through keeping up his grandfathers legacy or will he turn to the dark side! Ooh maybe they’ll be a case where he goes undercover the possibilities!

Nooboos WitcHazard: Psst! Call me back when there’s Nooboos!
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I did it! It's finally here! Derek's Young Adult Arc! Thank you all for your patience. I am back. I am hoping to get another chapter out while I am on vacation, and then I should be back to 2 or 3 posts a week.

Woot! And 2 or 3 per week - sooo awesome! So much glad you are feeling better too! <3
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited July 2018
    D'awww. The whole thing.
    So Derek got in! So happy for him. Also, WELCOME BACK ORANGE! *cue confetti and vuvuzela noises*
    Post edited by lillibattenberg on
    Jacob_Banner.png
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I'm gasping for air and also jealous of your mad vacation updating talent. ;)

I wish babes, chicks, and ladies on both new officers!

Yes, the laaaaaadies. Men in uniforms and all that. HA.
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Lover WitcHazard: OMG I’m crying it’s finally happened! Derek is legal I can add him to my collection! <3

Dark WitcHazard: Yes now bring on the corrupt cops! Will Derek make it through keeping up his grandfathers legacy or will he turn to the dark side! Ooh maybe they’ll be a case where he goes undercover the possibilities!

Nooboos WitcHazard: Psst! Call me back when there’s Nooboos!

Oh gods, Lover has her claws digging into another one. And Dark we shall see what becomes of my cop. And NooBoos, have fun waiting. HAHAHAHA.
    AudreyFld wrote: »

Woot! And 2 or 3 per week - sooo awesome! So much glad you are feeling better too! <3

Thank you, and yes, that's going to be my goal. I have about 20-ish chapters left for Gen 2. And I really want to get to Gen 3.
    D'awww. The whole thing.
    So Derek got in! So happy for him. Also, WELCOME BACK ORANGE! *cue confetti and vuvuzela noises*

tenor.gif?itemid=3563288
    20 chapters! It's more than enough for Derek to get into a lot of trouble. ;)

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited August 2018
    Okay, after waiting for the blur photo bug to get fix (seriously, sometimes I wonder about EA's QA Department) I finally have been able to work on the chapter. This is the chapter I waited specifically for Seasons. And I gotta say: I LOVE WINTER IN GRANITE FALLS! It's soooo pretty. I don't care how much a PITA this chapter was to pose, it's by far the prettiest chapter I've ever done. I love it.

Chapter 26: Babe Hunter

EDIT: oops forgot to do my thank yous!

Okay, so first off, I want to thank @Bugsie2016 for creating Pepper. I love her so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Next thanks to @lisabee2 for my damsel in distress.
    It really beautiful! :love:

As beautiful as your return bby. :kissing_heart:

I guess Dakota did not inherit her mum's love of bad boys. For shame, but I can see her as potentially bi or pan and having much more broad tastes, even for people who aren't afraid of Eli. ;) Sorry Derek for focusing on your sisters and dog! You signed up to be overshadowed the moment you decided that the K9 Unit was your new home.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Wow. I am a bad, bad simmer. But fear not! I have an update to share!!! Chapter 27: Moving Out is available. And not only in Derek's POV but we get to see a little bit of Brandt's perspective.
    Do my eyes deceive me?

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Hope that new apartment isn’t haunted... what kind of ghostly sounds could come out the next time one of them has a girl over? :scream: (Sorry, had to :joy:)

Also can I pre-order my box of Kody Wheaties????
    snvAF3B.png
    Wow. I am a bad, bad simmer. But fear not! I have an update to share!!! Chapter 27: Moving Out is available. And not only in Derek's POV but we get to see a little bit of Brandt's perspective.

Welcome back! Loved to see the boys and a peek at the fam.
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Well dang, I'm late. But anyway, new chapter yaaaay! And yay for happy families at last... I loved the girls fighting over Derek's room. It's weird seeing Eli getting old though (and also kinda said :'( )
    Jacob_Banner.png
    Chapter 28: The Big Game has been posted. Woot! I updated. Anyway, I am quite pleased how well this turned out. This was one of those PITA chapters when it came to implementation in game. I hope you enjoy!
    EA graced us with a fitness pack but no true sports. Despicable.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Chapter 28: The Big Game has been posted. Woot! I updated. Anyway, I am quite pleased how well this turned out. This was one of those PITA chapters when it came to implementation in game. I hope you enjoy!
    It was amazing! You should be proud of the way it turned out!
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Great update! I had to go back after reading just to enjoy your incredible ability to create scenes that capture the story so well but make you go, "plum, how'd she do that?"
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    Great update! I had to go back after reading just to enjoy your incredible ability to create scenes that capture the story so well but make you go, "plum, how'd she do that?"

With lots of patience. LoL. Chapters like these give me headaches. With this chapter I experimented different ways to create the basketball game in game first. In the end green screen won.
    Thanks to being sick, I forgot to mention that SC has a new chapter out today! Chapter 29: Car Trouble. Be warned, total adorableness in this chapter!
    Pepper PoV for April Fool's? She looks like she has some thoughts! :open_mouth:

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Thanks to being sick, I forgot to mention that SC has a new chapter out today! Chapter 29: Car Trouble. Be warned, total adorableness in this chapter!

Dogs, toddlers and young men loving said dog and toddlers....I’m a puddle of goo.... <3
    edited April 2019
    veteran-participant.png?w=611

So I entered the Monthly Simlit Short Story. If you decide to read this, and vote, you MUST read all the other stories to vote. NO EXCEPTION!!! You have to vote for the top 3 in both categories. So, don't disappoint me!

Alright, so why am I posting in SC? Well the story stars our favorite twin brothers!!!

Lamb vs Lamb: An April Fools Short Story