Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods You Can't Play TS4 Without

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    MC Command
    UI Cheats
    And quite a bit of Coolspears (love the Dr. and Scientist revised ones!)

Only CC I have to have is an eye mesh.

But mostly, I have to have MC Command. I could live without the others, albeit not happily, but not that one.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    mc command, of course.

I have a mod that needs no ingredients for cooking.
    Also a mod that changes the names from "very flirty" to "passionate" "very happy" to "something else" etc.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Thanks for taking the time out to post everyone.
  • Options
    pinkish wrote: »
    I have played Sims since it first came out I have never used a mod, don't plan on ever starting......I have used a few CC though. It seems to have become a pain to up load ccs and having to remove them to a folder when doing updates isn't worth it to me.

I use to be like you lol, but honestly mods have changed my gaming life.

Ts2 was playable without any but I love my CC.

Ts3 I need nraas.

TS4 I need mods to cater to my play style and to fix things i deem makes the game unplayable (I.e culling)
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Mods I can't live without are

My command center by deaderpool: for stopping culling, story progression (while still allowing rotational gameplay), stopping annoying autonomous actions (hand washing, getting drinks), increasing alien abductions, and much more.
    • More club icons by zerbu: otherwise too little variety
    • more clubs per sim by Neia: make lot of temporary clubs or use them for hangouts, sleepovers so many sims end up being part of more than 3 clubs
    • Adult skills unlocked for children by me: hate how children don't gain certain skills like piano and singing until they max child creativity.
    • no mosaic by moxiemason. mosaic censor is so annoying.
    • Go to school by zerbu. Can play without but it is awesome to follow kids to school
    • UI Cheat extension by weerbesu use occasionally to cheat needs if I start a family and their needs are low so they can start their day by having fun rather than focusing on needs. Also use to edit skills of other played households that I don't play but are used for clubs, neighbors, etc.
    • Hide headlines and rectify from city living by me: don't like the graphic above heads from lot traits. Ruins pictures

I also love CC hair, clothes and separated bed frames and mattresses.

Don't like overly realistic eyes or skin overlays so I just use kijiko glowing skin and body details as defaults, and comic bland eyes (which I edited for toddlers).

True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    Alyza_1Alyza_1 Posts: 311 Member
    Is there a good career advanced mod?
  • Options
    Kaylee36Kaylee36 Posts: 32 Member
    McCommand center, and a lot of customized new traits like Calm, Hipster, etc. I am more of a CC fan.
    (i'm a french-canadian, so please don't juge my semi-good english!)
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    MC Command Center, it makes this a much different game and the creator is awesome in his updating of it.

• Options
    MC Commander is a hit lol.
    I'm still not sure how to use it:(
  • Options
    Babsie94Babsie94 Posts: 18 Member
    Valmion wrote: »
    MC Command Center, it makes this a much different game and the creator is awesome in his updating of it.

I keep hearing about this mod, what is it? what does it do?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 2017
    Babsie94 wrote: »
    Valmion wrote: »

I keep hearing about this mod, what is it? what does it do?

It does a lot of things - it's a full-on suite. Some of the options in it:
    - story progression (Sims you aren't playing getting married, moving house, having babies)
    - stopping Sim culling and customizing relationship culling
    - reducing townie generation
    - customizing how often (if ever) aliens do their stuff
    - customizing employment levels by age
    - turning off a selection of annoying behaviors
    - telling the game that there are items it can't dress townies in
    - customizing lifespan settings by age
    - clicking on a Sim to 'forget' them or make them your sibling or a host of other 'cheats'
    - etc. etc.

I think most people start using it for story progression, but it's very full featured. I'm using for customizing lifespan and some general small tweaking, plus I like the added 'cheat' access during gameplay. In one save I use it for an alien-free save.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    edited February 2017
    MC Command Center is a bit overwhelming, but once you tinker with it and get it working how you like, it is a game changer.

I play rotationally. I have a lot of families and I have plans for each of these families for at least the next generation, so I was afraid MC Command would wreck them. What I did was took my save and did a save as - named it so I knew it was when MC Command was put in. I played one family with aging off so nothing would get ruined. I then went line by line, section by section, and tweaked it until it was doing what I wanted. Once I was happy with it, I started to play all of my families like I usually do and I still have my save from before I put the mod in.

It is playing perfectly now. When you have a bit of time, just sit down with the MC Command web page open and go through the menus.

Mods I can't live without:

MC Command Center
    Faster eating by DrChillGood
    Catalina's updated MB's drink tweaks (making the caffeine stronger etc.)
    UI Cheats
    Neia's careers
    Shimrod's change happy to fine
    No mosaic
    Faster showers
    MadHox_AppliancesAnywhere
    Neighborhoods vampire free (for my more realistic saves)
    Simstopics faster retail actions
    Zerbu more club icons

With my absolute time changed to slow time a bit with MC Command Center and having the faster showers and eating, my sims can do SO much in their day. It is like a normal life. I don't have it set too long, just a little time bump.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
  • Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    MC Command Center and Happy Buffs Changed to Fine
    Not sure I need/want anything more.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options
    CairieeCairiee Posts: 19 Member
    MC Command Center with the mc woohoo addition

I use it for story progression, removing annoying actions, customizing allowable sim interactions, custom life spans, higher or no alien contact, making skill gain harder, culling, dresser fixes, higher or lower bills, adding in child support payments, allowing teen and elder pregnancy, and a few other things that I cant think of right at this moment. All in all its a customize this game to how YOU want it mod.

When the toddler update happened I sat down to play only to find this mod was out of date and I couldnt play it. the game was so.. weird without it. was very happy to get the update to my favourite mod!

I also use Go to School while fun I dont always use it and wouldnt call it a "cant play without it" mod.

• Options
    CairieeCairiee Posts: 19 Member
    MC Commander is a hit lol.
    I'm still not sure how to use it:(

once installed just click on a computer, chose mc command center and start tinkering with the options. you will find what works for you and what doesnt.
  • Options
    TarrynLovesSimsTarrynLovesSims Posts: 4 New Member
    • More club icons by zerbu: otherwise too little variety

Do you happen to know where I can get this mod? I see the zerbu is no longer around. Is there a replacement?
  • Options
    StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    I'll list my current and past Mods (as of this writing) with the places I personally got them from (I didn't post links because I don't want to risk any rule-breaking)...

The ones I definitely need personally:
    * MC Command Center by Deaderpool (Tumblr); Career, Population, Pregnancy, and "W" (but not for naughty purposes!) Modules currently.
    * Simstopics No Emotional Deaths! by Simstopics/devilgurl (SimsWorkshop)
    * Sleep All Night by ReubenHood (Mod The Sims); old Mod but still works as of this writing.
    * Working Alarm Clocks by Scumbumbo and Elias943 (Mod The Sims); old Mod but still works as of this writing.

Honorable mentions to Neia's No Culling and No More Relationship Culling (both from Mod The Sims) that I used to use before I took the plunge into the world of MC Command Center.

The ones that aren't essential but are nice Quality of Life boosts or additions:
    * Faster Showers and Baths by Polarbearsims (Mod The Sims)
    * No Energy from High Speed Internet by pearlbh/Judy (Blogspot)
    * No More Random Illness by weerbesu (Mod The Sims); maybe someday I'll allow illnesses in my game, but until then...
    * Simstopics Walkstyles Override (just the Standalone Pregnancy one right now) by Simstopics/devilgurl (SimsWorkshop)
    * Self-Employment Career by Neia (Mod The Sims)

I also used to use plasticbox's Less silly counter corner appliance placement (Mod The Sims).

Good topic! B)
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • Options
    CaityCupcakes10CaityCupcakes10 Posts: 91 Member
    I've just started using mods (yesterday was when I downloaded my first, actually), but I have a few (four) and I love them:
    I have (of course) MCC so that my neighborhood develops with me, and three mods by brittpinkiesims that add social events. I have the funeral one which is great for my legacy (which I ruined with MCC by setting autosave on my legacy to the only file I had of it, and then forgetting to change the number when I switched to another save >_< WHYYYYYYYY I was on my fifth generation :disappointed:), the kids slumber party which I haven't used because my legacy is gone and my other saves are new so don't have kids but it looks awesome and adorable, and of course the baby shower, once again for my forgotten legacy :'( RIP
  • Options
    SkyeFallSkyeFall Posts: 55 Member
    Cade83 wrote: »
    I can't progress with my families without the mc command center, I rely on it to avoid culling, watch the townies actually get married and have children, it's super useful for storytelling. The fullhouse mod is one I can't live without, I generally fall in love with my sims and can't bear moving them out, so my families frequently exceed 8 sims

there is a full house mod??? does it make the game laggy and glitchy???
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    I can't progress with my families without the mc command center, I rely on it to avoid culling, watch the townies actually get married and have children, it's super useful for storytelling. The fullhouse mod is one I can't live without, I generally fall in love with my sims and can't bear moving them out, so my families frequently exceed 8 sims

I thought full house mod didn't work any more?
  • Options
    TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member

I thought full house mod didn't work any more?

FullHouse is one of my mods, it still works, hasn't needed any update in quite some time actually :smile:

I assume people sometimes forget how to do the commands and claim it's broken, but every time I've checked it's still working fine.
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, MC takes care of lot...like, it even has a thing to turn off autonomous mourning now, which I used to use a seperate mod for. Another one, subtle but for me essential, is "change happy moddlets to fine" so that my sims aren't crazy happy all the time just cause they have decent furniture.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Aine may i ask you how's your experience with Turbo Careers?