Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods You Can't Play TS4 Without

Hi, everyone!

I'm one of those simmers who has not been playing TS4 since basically its release. Maybe here and there to try out some patches, but not heavily played.

Any who, one of these reasons I could not play (there are still many reasons lol) was because I'm a family/generational player. Now, that toddlers are back (jumps for joy), I've test played and absolutely enjoy them.

I want to try and get back into TS4, I feel like 2017 will be a good year for the game.

What are some mods you can not play TS4 without.

For now, culling was a big issue for me. So I know about the culling mod. Anything else?

**Some other issues emotions switching like crazy, lack of reactions, constant smiling, i'm a devious player too so lack of any real consequences etc... any mods pertaining to these issues I have as well**

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    At the moment the MC mod is being updated, I'm not sure when they will have it up and working again, that is one I normally don't play without. It also deals with the culling issue, and a whole lot of other stuff.
  • Options
    Cade83Cade83 Posts: 13 New Member
    I can't progress with my families without the mc command center, I rely on it to avoid culling, watch the townies actually get married and have children, it's super useful for storytelling. The fullhouse mod is one I can't live without, I generally fall in love with my sims and can't bear moving them out, so my families frequently exceed 8 sims
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    At the moment the MC mod is being updated, I'm not sure when they will have it up and working again, that is one I normally don't play without. It also deals with the culling issue, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Thanks! I forgot mods are still updating.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I wish there was a proper Relativity mod for TS4 - just like TS3's Relativity.

If there was, then I wouldn't be able to play without it.
  • Options
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I wish there was a proper Relativity mod for TS4 - just like TS3's Relativity.

If there was, then I wouldn't be able to play without it.

I wish Twallan would make all the same mods he did for TS3 for TS4 :(
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Cade83 wrote: »
    I can't progress with my families without the mc command center, I rely on it to avoid culling, watch the townies actually get married and have children, it's super useful for storytelling. The fullhouse mod is one I can't live without, I generally fall in love with my sims and can't bear moving them out, so my families frequently exceed 8 sims

Omg, youre brave its hard for me to manage big households lol.
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    MC Commander
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited January 2017
    I use MCCommand Center mostly for the story progression. I just love my neighbors and other Sims having families and progressing their own family legacies. And I really love seeing what shenanigans they get up to...it's often quite the soap opera around town let me tell you lol.

(Also MC Command Center was already updated after the last patch and is working fine in my game. I don't have any toddlers though so maybe you're talking about stuff being added for them?)

UI Extensions Cheat is also a favorite of mine. I mostly use it for the quick money cheat option but it's nice to be able to tweak needs if needed and the at a glance relationship values ala Sims 2 make playing certain challenges much easier.

And a small one that I use and love is More Columns in CAS. It seems like such a small thing but it really brings unexpected niceness to my game.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    MCCommand center. I use to only use a pregnancy mod but once that stopped working I kinda went to this mod instead and I actually kind of love it. Can't live without it.
  • Options
    Candyd wrote: »

It makes sims faithful, but if you tried flirting with a taken sim they would automatically reject you?

• Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    MCCommand Center and Zerbu's experiences (the features are subtle but I like it)
    And the Weerbesu's janitor mod, but only because the toilets kept clogging up on the public lots and my sims were dying
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    For me, I have these:
    "No happy surroundings" to remove the annoying decor buff so my sims' emotions won't be defaulted to happy all the time.
    "MC Command Center," for obvious reasons.
    "Pee Walkstyle changed to Jog" ...Because I had far too many sims peeing themselves on their way to the toilet. (Plus I only find the pee walk remotely cute only on child sims, anyhow.)
    "UI Extensions" for when things get too rough or when I want certain idle expressions for storytelling.
    "Fullhouse" for the "tm.fullhouse FIRST LAST" cheat so I could manage some of my ghosts. (So useful!)

Those are my favorites out of the ones I use. :)
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited January 2017
    Candyd wrote: »

It makes sims faithful, but if you tried flirting with a taken sim they would automatically reject you?

I don't think so. It just disables autonomous cheating and autonomous new romance, it also prevents inactive sims from having dozens of "lovebirds" in relationship panels. There's no change in actions that you actively initiate.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    There's a couple, but mostly Mccc, UI extensions, zerbu's go to school and turbo careers, Coolspear1's science and doctor career changing mods - those are the most important ones, but then there's a couple of smaller ones.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    This is all so helpful! Thanks guys keep them coming
  • Options
    BTW anyone know if there's a "juiced" mod for the adults who partake in drinks from the bar?
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Everybody here is gonna say MC Command center for good reason, it deals with culling issues that for whatever reason Maxis won't allow users to change on their own. Which is scary because if support for that mod ever dies we will be without a way to address this issue and forced to return horrible Maxis culling practices.

That said if you DO use MC Command center, I also recommend checking out the woohoo module the creator made allowing you to control try for baby, risky, autonomous, ect. He posts it on another website though.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Everybody here is gonna say MC Command center for good reason, it deals with culling issues that for whatever reason Maxis won't allow users to change on their own. Which is scary because if support for that mod ever dies we will be without a way to address this issue and forced to return horrible Maxis culling practices.

That said if you DO use MC Command center, I also recommend checking out the woohoo module the creator made allowing you to control try for baby, risky, autonomous, ect. He posts it on another website though.

An up-to-date independent no culling mod has also been recently posted to MTS incase anybody is interested.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    No culling mod, Debug cheats (literally the most important mod I have), UI cheats, lag fix (lifechanger when it comes in the delay in interactions) and the no auto mourn. I couldn't survive without playing those mods, I absolutely love them.

A couple of honorable mentions would be the mod that removes the sims cap on lots and the free restaurant perks mod.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I use mods that mostly have already been posted here, plus a couple of others (and I can't do without any of them):

MC Command Centre
    Happy Buffs changed to Fine
    UI Cheats Extension
    No Mosaic
    The mod that fixes underwear from being worn in the shower.

And a couple of others I won't mention here ;)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Mc command center
    UI extension

They are must have mods for me.
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    edited January 2017
    the only one I carnt live without is MCCC, have others but i could live without them ( lol and Ui cheats extension helps with sims bipolar my own is enough thank you :smile: )
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    edited January 2017
    Zerbu made an environmental overhaul mod that basically delays the time it takes for decorations to affect the Sim.
    zerbu.tumblr.com/post/130971916702/the-sims-4-mod-environment-effect-overhaul

I also have a "less smiling" overlay that turns the super happy smile into the "Confident" emotion smile. I believe it's by Shimrod and I think there's also one by Rusty.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=574482&c=1&goto=newpost

These two, though, haven't been updated recently so I'm not sure if they're still OK. I took them out just in case because I've been having the "frozen saving screen" and "disappearing males" bugs.

I also have "faster eating and drinking" by MadameButterfly that is now being updated by coolspear1 (I think?) since MB quit. I haven't checked that one yet so I'll update my post when I do.
    Post edited by HowGreatThouArt on
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I have "stuff breaks far less easily" in my game. It has a few different options, but I've used 5% and then 15% when I wanted things to break more frequently.

I use Neia's "no more relationship culling" mod because I'm not interested in Mc Command Center.

Finally, I have a mod that stops the music being sped up when you fast forward and another that does the same thing but with TVs. It's useful if you like to watch/listen with your sims without having to be on speed 1 to do it.
    I can't remember the name of the music one at the moment, but the TV one is called "no more video distortion."