Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Functioning Heater?

Anybody know where I can find a functioning heater? Ive found some heater meshes but they all seem to be decor. I feel like fireplaces are too big (and dangerous) to have in every bedroom and idw my simmies to have to all go into the living room to keep warm during winter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    They don't exist yet, but a modder could potentially make one that has some functionalities of a fireplace but not all. BTW, you can upgrade a fireplace so that it doesn't catch fire.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I was skiimming through the forum and this title caught my eye because at first I thought it said "Functioning Hater"
    I stopped and thought, 'wow, that's a new one,' until I realised what it actually was :D

I would love a radiator, like the one in TS2, but one that would give off the "warmth" moodlet like fireplaces do in TS3. I wonder if that could be modded...
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    There are some fireplaces which don't have the fireproof upgrade (which means, AFAIK, they are already fireproof).
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    They don't exist yet, but a modder could potentially make one that has some functionalities of a fireplace but not all. BTW, you can upgrade a fireplace so that it doesn't catch fire.

I figured there either wasnt one out there yet, or if there ever was one, it had been taken down by its creator. Oh well. Guess my sim will be busy upgrading fireplaces for the next few days :) thanks for the response.
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    I was skiimming through the forum and this title caught my eye because at first I thought it said "Functioning Hater"
    I stopped and thought, 'wow, that's a new one,' until I realised what it actually was :D

I would love a radiator, like the one in TS2, but one that would give off the "warmth" moodlet like fireplaces do in TS3. I wonder if that could be modded...

I switch words around in my mind like that all the time lol. And thats exactly the kind of thing im looking for. I guess i could always download a decor one and "pretend". but I like for them to get the moodlet :p
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    There are some fireplaces which don't have the fireproof upgrade (which means, AFAIK, they are already fireproof).

Theres only one fireplace that I can think of thats fairly small but idt its fireproof. I think this one came with the base game. For now ill just throw that one in a couple rooms and have my most handy sim upgrade em. Not quite a heater but better than one of the larger fireplaces I guess
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2017
    You could also aim for the Fireproof Homestead LTR, then there's no need to upgrade all those fireplaces. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    You could also aim for the Fireproof Homestead LTR, then there's no need to upgrade all those fireplaces. :)

Great idea ;) will do just that. Thanks @igazor
  • Options
    @igazor Ah looks like that LTR must come in an EP ive yet to install. Oh well back to the old fashioned way.
    At least it'll give my sim something to tell his great grandchildren. "Back in my day we didn't have all these fancy LTRs like you young kids of today. Back in my time if you wanted your fireplace fireproof you had to pull out the hammer and do it yourself!"
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @PlumDiddy - Whoops yeah, that would be Ambitions. Sorry, as you were then. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TheDarkRoseTheDarkRose Posts: 230 Member
    I've got a little heater in my real life bedroom that if made in game would probably only take up one square. It would be great it we could have something like that for our small rooms. Its one of the things I'd make if I had the ability to make custom content and mods actually. I live in a very cold place, a house full of heaters is realistic to me.
  • Options
    I've got a little heater in my real life bedroom that if made in game would probably only take up one square. It would be great it we could have something like that for our small rooms. Its one of the things I'd make if I had the ability to make custom content and mods actually. I live in a very cold place, a house full of heaters is realistic to me.

Same here. Though I found a few fireplaces on MTS that might give me more of what im looking for. one only takes up 1tile. The other goes into the wall and doesnt take up any space at all.
    http://modthesims.info/d/441149
    havent tried them out myself yet, but im tempted to try