Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game freezes on a particular family ( fixed )

Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
I have played several different families since the latest patch and have no problems but the game freezes when I try to play this one family.

I have moved them to another lot. The old lot still loads but the family still won't load in their new place.

Any idea what could be causing this?
Post edited by Susim62 on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Susim62 wrote: »
    I have played several different families since the latest patch and have no problems but the game freezes when I try to play this one family.

I have moved them to another lot. The old lot still loads but the family still won't load in their new place.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Hello
    Does the family have many items in their personal and family households inventories ?
    Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues.
  • Options
    Ah...I've moved each of them individually and checked their personal inventories, and there isn't much there, but didn't think of the household inventory.

I'm not sure how to access the household inventory now, the lot won't load even if just one of them is living on it.

Would selling all their furniture get rid of stuff in the house inventory?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2017
    The household inventory is accessed in Build/Buy mode when you are editing their house. It's the bottom-left icon.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Susim62 wrote: »
    Ah...I've moved each of them individually and checked their personal inventories, and there isn't much there, but didn't think of the household inventory.

I'm not sure how to access the household inventory now, the lot won't load even if just one of them is living on it.

Would selling all their furniture get rid of stuff in the house inventory?

Hello
    No, it wouldn't because simmers put items into the household inventory for the sims to take with them when travelling.
    Could you try creating a new household of one random sim. Then, in manage households try moving the family to this other household. Then see if you can load the lot where you place this new household. You can then delete the extra sim.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm back in.

I moved some of the household out, got the mother to ask the remaining members to move in and sold all furniture at the old lot.
    They still had things in their household inventory (so that stays with a family when they move) but I was able to sell it all.

I moved them back to the old lot and am now able to load it.

Really, I didn't think they had an excessive amount of stuff in the inventory, but it seems to have made the difference.

Thanks guys for your help.