Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
I do have cc and mods and at first thought that was the culprit, but I then disabled them and I find it is still happening. When my toddlers who are pretty much potty trained get their hygiene down to low yellow or red, I can't bathe them. My sim adult will undress them, put them in the tub and the toddler stands up and they take them right out again. It happens over and over again so their hygiene stays in the red. Even cheating the needs up of the household will not raise the hygiene level of the toddlers so they stay unhappy. Before anyone asks I do make sure their other needs are in the green before trying to bathe them. I have had to go to the main menu twice without saving. It has to be a bug, so was wondering if anyone found a work around or if in fact anyone else had this problem.

Comments

• Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Have you bathed them in that bath before? Do the adults definitely have enough space around them to kneel down? Just curious, because I had a similar issue when I was getting my toddler to blow out her birthday candles. My adult sim would pick the toddler up to do it, and then put her straight back down again. Turns out the cake needed to be in a really specific place for it to work. So maybe play around with the arrangement of the bathroom?

If it's nothing like that, either reset the bath, sell it and buy a new one or try repairing your game through Origin :)
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    I had this issue and my problem was the other sim parent was interrupting. I gave the other parent a task and then the bath was able to complete.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited January 2017
    They can give a bath when the toddler's hygiene need isn't too far into the yellow so I know it isn't that they can't, and I did try selling the tub last night and using a different one when it happened and still no go, but I didn't think about repairing the game, that is an idea thanks for that.

Mskube: I gave the other parent tasks to do so this wouldn't be an issue, not that it was, but sometimes with the high chair I know it can be so I was not taking any chances.

Thank you both for your replies.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Something else to think about is the toddler might be refusing from that parent as they do sometimes have a preference of which parent they respond to better than the other. I have a toddler that sometimes won't except food, to be put to bed or potty training from the mother because she's a daddy's girl.
  • Options
    hhart14hhart14 Posts: 6 New Member
    Do you have any newborns in your household? If so, you may need to age them up before you're able to bathe your toddler again.
  • Options
    hhart14hhart14 Posts: 6 New Member
    It's a current glitch that many are experiencing.
  • Options
    amberry21amberry21 Posts: 4 New Member
    This was happening to me (almost drove me to the point of insanity). My toddler would not bathe no matter what I did. Finally I locked her and her parent in the bathroom and had the parent try a bath and it worked she stayed in the bath. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    For the newborn issue - i was able to succeed in bathing my toddler by temporarily placing my newborn outside (specifically in one of the back corners of the lot).

If the newborn was anywhere else on the lot besides the back corner, inside or outside, the bath would immediately cancel as soon as it began.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    I do have cc and mods and at first thought that was the culprit, but I then disabled them and I find it is still happening. When my toddlers who are pretty much potty trained get their hygiene down to low yellow or red, I can't bathe them. My sim adult will undress them, put them in the tub and the toddler stands up and they take them right out again. It happens over and over again so their hygiene stays in the red. Even cheating the needs up of the household will not raise the hygiene level of the toddlers so they stay unhappy. Before anyone asks I do make sure their other needs are in the green before trying to bathe them. I have had to go to the main menu twice without saving. It has to be a bug, so was wondering if anyone found a work around or if in fact anyone else had this problem.

This is a know bug, please report it in the bugs thread so they know and can fix this.
  • Options
    LazyGamerLazyGamer Posts: 39 Member
    Yes this bug annoyed me. My sims moved houses and it seemed to work.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Hello
    This is a link to the AHQ EA thread about the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Can-t-bathe-toddlers-while-there-s-a-baby-in-the/m-p/5821393#U5821393

There is an issue when there is a baby in the house hold. You can either age up the baby, or wait for the baby to age, or have the baby outside or on another level of the home when bathing the toddler.