Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ack!! Why are my sims kids taking forever to get to and from school?!!

LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
Hi, is this a bug, or is the semi-world of Windenburg too big, or are the sims too slow (and time is way too fast)???

I had some sims kids who were somewhat tired when they went to school, but they took forever to walk the semi-open neighborhood to get to and from school! :anguished:

Gosh, this is why I disliked the open world stuff from back in Sims 3: It feels like the sims take forever to get from point a to point b, and my sims kids/teens sometimes get late to school because of long traveling times.

In Sims 4, some of my sim kids take a long time to walk to school because they have to travel through the open part of the niegbborhood before they "teleport" to school. Is this normal???

Goodness, is there a teleportation cheat or a mod to make these kids go faster? I don't want the kids to keep coming home so late, or to keep missing school all of the time! :frowning:

I am very torn on whether I should move my family to a smaller world or not because of this. :disappointed:

(Gosh, I wish there were fast carpools for this kind of thing, lol. :lol: )

Please, any tips or tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
(She/her)

Comments

• Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I had the same issue with one of the lots in Windenburg. My sim would walk all the way to the end of the map, instead of just disappearing in front of the house like everyone else. I don't know why she was the only one affected or why it was only that one lot, but I know others have that bug so hopefully they'll fix it soon

I'm not 100% sure, but if you put in testingcheats and right-click somewhere on the ground, your sim should be able to teleport. At least that's how I remember doing it :)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Sometimes sims select a wrong spawning point. I've had that happen, but it wasn't permanent. Have you tried restarting the game or visiting a community lot and coming back home?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Faberries wrote: »
    I had the same issue with one of the lots in Windenburg. My sim would walk all the way to the end of the map, instead of just disappearing in front of the house like everyone else. I don't know why she was the only one affected or why it was only that one lot, but I know others have that bug so hopefully they'll fix it soon

I'm not 100% sure, but if you put in testingcheats and right-click somewhere on the ground, your sim should be able to teleport. At least that's how I remember doing it :)

I'll check out the cheats later today, then. And thank you, @Faberries , for reassuring me that I am not the only one having this issue.

And this is a big issue because I have a household with about six sims children. :flushed: So many late kids! :lol:

Ugh, I hope there is a tweak or a mod to tweak time or something in the future---or for any future sims games with any "open" world stuff.

I am getting flashbacks from my perosnal frustrating sims 3 experiences. :disappointed: I am not a big open-world fan.

(She/her)
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member

I'll check out the cheats later today, then. And thank you, @Faberries , for reassuring me that I am not the only one having this issue.

And this is a big issue because I have a household with about six sims children. :flushed: So many late kids! :lol:

Ugh, I hope there is a tweak or a mod to tweak time or something in the future---or for any future sims games with any "open" world stuff.

I am getting flashbacks from my perosnal frustrating sims 3 experiences. :disappointed: I am not a big open-world fan.

At least with the open world they would bus, bike or drive to the school and the game wouldn't mark them as late as long as they were in transit none of this meandering to the most distant portal in the neighbourhood and getting marked as late because he didn't make it in time thereby losing any academic progress he would make that day. Give me TS3 anytime over that.

Yes I have had this problem with the youngest kid in the Munch family (he would head towards the ;portal out beyond the pub. Took him ages to get there. Meanwhile his supposedly renegade older brother would sensibly use the one in front of the house. Drove me bonkers. In the end I found the quickest way to get him to school was to cancel the go to school action, get him to travel to another neighbourhood, and then send him to school from there. I used the Bluffs but it would have worked easily as well if I had sent him to Oasis Springs.

He stopped doing it eventually, I can't remember whether it was the next time his house came up in rotation or when he aged up to teen.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

At least with the open world they would bus, bike or drive to the school and the game wouldn't mark them as late as long as they were in transit none of this meandering to the most distant portal in the neighbourhood and getting marked as late because he didn't make it in time thereby losing any academic progress he would make that day. Give me TS3 anytime over that.

Yes I have had this problem with the youngest kid in the Munch family (he would head towards the ;portal out beyond the pub. Took him ages to get there. Meanwhile his supposedly renegade older brother would sensibly use the one in front of the house. Drove me bonkers. In the end I found the quickest way to get him to school was to cancel the go to school action, get him to travel to another neighbourhood, and then send him to school from there. I used the Bluffs but it would have worked easily as well if I had sent him to Oasis Springs.

He stopped doing it eventually, I can't remember whether it was the next time his house came up in rotation or when he aged up to teen.

Oh, okay. I'll try that. Thanks for the tip, @Moon_Willow . :smile:

(And, nah, I still don't want Sims 3 routing, either. My sims in Isla Paradiso took almost a whole day just to shop for groceries, even with transport. I would rather have more closer teleportation spots.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    rosemow wrote: »

I'll try the workaround. Thank you, @rosemow ! :blush:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    An update: I have deleted my mod folder, have tried repairing my game, and then resetting my sims 4 folder (and then putting my saves and tray back in), and I am STILL getting this issue with multiple households in multiple worlds.

And now, my Adult sims are getting late to work sometimes as well! :anguished:

So I still have this really bad bug. The teleportation cheat helps a little bit when it comes to helping the sims get home, but I am trying to figure out where the routes are to the teleportation spots. It feels like these sims are now going really long ways before teleporting! :worried:

I am getting C-grade-level kids and adults late to work because of this long routing. Very, very annoying. :rage:

(I also have some other bugs after this tot patch, like standing to watch tv or standing to eat, or not giving food to tots in high chairs, or canceling out a lot of my commands, and I have mentioned those in another thread.)

@crinrict or @rosemow , where should I report this bug?
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Hello @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸
    You could post about the issue on the AHQ EA post that I earlier posted a link to, or you can start a new thread and post feedback on that thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Ah, I see. Thank you again, @rosemow . :smile:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸
    You could post about the issue on the AHQ EA post that I earlier posted a link to, or you can start a new thread and post feedback on that thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Ah, I see. Thank you again, @rosemow . :smile:

You're welcome :)