Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Male Sims since the Patch Update!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I need serious help!
    I was also having this problem with none of my male Sims appearing. I got rid of the adult Mod that seemed to have caused the breaking, and reloaded my game. My sims were still not appearing. I tried reloading a previous save from before the Toddler patch using this tutorial /en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1 and I think i seriously screwed something up. Now the disk image won't appear in my game for me to load previous saves, and I think I lost everything. I saved a backup of my Saves folder just in case and put it back into my Sims folder and it's not working.
    Is there anything I can do? I'm desperate. This toddler patch really ruined my game.

What are the names of the files in your Saves folder? Do you have any subfolders in it? And did you restart the game after renaming them?

these are the files in my save folder (sorry for posting the link like this, but it's not letting me post it otherwise)
    imgur.com/a/dIBgS

YsBr6Ai.jpg

and yes, i restarted the game.

• Options
    Hello @xMetalKitty
    Move the two files that are called slot_00000001.save to your desktop. Also move the file called slot_00000002.x to your desktop.
    Launch the game and see if you can use the load button which has the floppy disk on it to load your game,
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I suspect that any of those files that end with a period or an x could be causing problems for you
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Hello @xMetalKitty
    Also take off the period from the slot_00000002.save. Make that slot_00000002.save
    Thanks Luthien :) I didn't see the period on that file before.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @xMetalKitty
    Also take off the period from the slot_00000002.save. Make that slot_00000002.save
    Thanks Luthien :) I didn't see the period on that file before.

No problem :) I've been staring at tiny punctuation marks all day. I envy anyone who doesn't notice them all right now!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    xMetalKittyxMetalKitty Posts: 7 New Member
    Oh gosh, thank you, Rose and Luthien!
    That seemed to have fixed my saves and I got back my male sims!!

Now I'm just concerned if I save the game again, will I lose them again? It seems like the Toddler patch broke the game for a lot of heavy mod/cc users. I'm dreading getting the Vampire pack even.
  • Options

Now I'm just concerned if I save the game again, will I lose them again? It seems like the Toddler patch broke the game for a lot of heavy mod/cc users. I'm dreading getting the Vampire pack even.

I am glad that your issues have been fixed! :)
    Keep back up copies of your save files so that if issues arise, you can go back to them.
  • Options

Keep back up copies of your save files so that if issues arise, you can go back to them.

How should I go about making backup copies of my save files? Should I just copy the Save folder into my desktop before any update?
  • Options

How should I go about making backup copies of my save files? Should I just copy the Save folder into my desktop before any update?

With the issues that are occurring at the moment, it may be good to make a backup copy of the save folder each day or so. Usually, it can be a good idea to make a copy of the saves folder before any games patch update and put it on an external drive.
  • Options

With the issues that are occurring at the moment, it may be good to make a backup copy of the save folder each day or so. Usually, it can be a good idea to make a copy of the saves folder before any games patch update and put it on an external drive.

Alright, I'll try that. I'm honestly afraid to even run or save my game right now.
  • Options

Alright, I'll try that. I'm honestly afraid to even run or save my game right now.

I am sorry that you had the issues :( Keeping back up copies of saves is a safeguard.
  • Options

I am sorry that you had the issues :( Keeping back up copies of saves is a safeguard.

Sorry to keep bugging about this, but I just want to be safe. Do I just copy the Save folder into an external drive as a backup, then resume gameplay as usual? And if anything goes wrong, do I take out my existing Save folder from the Sims 4 File and replace it with my backup? I just want to make sure I'll do this right.

I screwed up my save files last night trying to do things myself haha.
  • Options

Sorry to keep bugging about this, but I just want to be safe. Do I just copy the Save folder into an external drive as a backup, then resume gameplay as usual? And if anything goes wrong, do I take out my existing Save folder from the Sims 4 File and replace it with my backup? I just want to make sure I'll do this right.

Hello
    You don't need to be sorry at all!
    You can just copy the save folder onto an external drive , then just go and play the game.
    If there are issues, you can do what you said, replacing the save folder with the backup save folder, or you can replace individual save games if you make more than one save game.
  • Options

Hello
    You can just copy the save folder onto an external drive , then just go and play the game.
    If there are issues, you can do what you said, replacing the save folder with the backup save folder, or you can replace individual save games if you make more than one save game.

Thank you very much, Rose! You've been very helpful. :)
  • Options

Hello

Thank you very much, Rose! You've been very helpful. :)

You're welcome :)