Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires info: blogs, SimGuru tweets etc.!

Comments

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Can vampires die out of thirst?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    They would not be called immortal if we would have to worry about them dying not only from the sun, but also from the other death types. No idea though, we'll have to wait and see for ourselves. I mean vampires are literally so powerful that not even breaking their neck kills them. But again no idea what the creators of this pack had in mind with the term "immortality".

I'm pretty sure when people assoicate immortality with vampires they mean they ageless and cannot die of diseases and such, however burning to death, electrocution, etc can still kill them. They aren't invincible. At least that's what I think of when I hear immortal.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    If I remember any kind of vampire movie the only way to kill a vampire is through: Sunlight, Fire and steak through heart! If the team stayed true to the many vampire stories, including the newer ones like Twilight, Vampire Diaries, etc. These are the only ways to get rid of them for good. So who knows?
  • Options
    I cringe whenever I hear "twillight" said in this forum. That's the reason why vampires in ts3 were 🐸🐸🐸🐸...

With TS4, I love that they found balance between the drakula and modern classic: they gave the player the player the choices to choose what 'playstyle', which imo currenty is what the game lacks the most of.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I know what you mean, and believe me when I tell you that I hated the Vampires in Sims 3 because of this *T* word thingy... Sparkling LOL. I only mentioned it because most people from today connect vampires with these movies and series. Oblivious about all these other amazing creatures Nosferatu, Dracula, Underworld, The Vampire's Assistant, Interview with a Vampire! These are all amazing and one can see definitely that they are ALL in there.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Real vampires weren't meant to sparkle. :D
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »
    Real vampires weren't meant to sparkle. :D

Well, technically, "real" vampires .... ;)

But you're right, horrible decision. Less twilight, more classic vampire lore :D
  • Options
    SaccadonSaccadon Posts: 112 Member
    They would not be called immortal if we would have to worry about them dying not only from the sun, but also from the other death types. No idea though, we'll have to wait and see for ourselves. I mean vampires are literally so powerful that not even breaking their neck kills them. But again no idea what the creators of this pack had in mind with the term "immortality".
    I disagree but I may simply not have a traditional view of immortality. My ideal immortality would be not dying from age but being able to die from trauma.
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,194 Member
    I cringe whenever I hear "twillight" said in this forum. That's the reason why vampires in ts3 were plum...

With TS4, I love that they found balance between the drakula and modern classic: they gave the player the player the choices to choose what 'playstyle', which imo currenty is what the game lacks the most of.

Your kidding the sims 3 one s were nothing like twilights . Except that one perk if they got that life time immortal reward , and the sun couldn't bother them . ( And they sparkel)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited January 2017
    Saccadon wrote: »
    I disagree but I may simply not have a traditional view of immortality. My ideal immortality would be not dying from age but being able to die from trauma.

Agreed. Invincibility would be the latter.

--T

ETA: Immortal - doesn't age but can die (Highlander, anyone)
    Invincible - can't be harmed in any way, but if you *do* manage to separate their head, they'll die.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I'm sorry but i'm sick of people bashing on modern day portrayals . Pretending that there is true vampires . Reality there is no such thing as a real vampire . And they can be anything they want . I read a lot vampire books , and seen a lot different shows . That were each different , and unique in there ays . Here we get choose what they can be.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I'm sorry but i'm sick of people bashing on modern day portrayals . Pretending that there is true vampires . Reality there is no such thing as a real vampire . And they can be anything they want .

I was just kidding ;) Ok, alright, Twilight is cringeworthy to me, but that has more to do with Bella's character than anything else (can someone please give that woman something to do???). But I do like the first few seasons of TVD a lot (it got a bit weird at some point, and far too messy for me to really want to keep up with), and also the way they portrayed vampires, werewolves, and witches (especially how there are always negative side effects to power). And no, of course real vampires don't exist, although there's always an origin to every story (although frankly, if we'd get that kind of vampires, there wouldn't be much to play with I guess).

Anyway, I don't think any one vampire preference is superior, but there's still some types I prefer to others (and I don't really want sparkly vamps in my game) :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I'm sorry but i'm sick of people bashing on modern day portrayals . Pretending that there is true vampires . Reality there is no such thing as a real vampire . And they can be anything they want . I read a lot vampire books , and seen a lot different shows . That were each different , and unique in there ays . Here we get choose what they can be.

That's probably the reason the devs put the tools in to make any kind of vampires they want.

I would thik that sparkling vampires are related to the Twilight Series and a lot of people found the series to be targeted toward the pre-teen, teen crowd and found them a little childish.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    I cringe whenever I hear "twillight" said in this forum. That's the reason why vampires in ts3 were plum...

Your kidding the sims 3 one s were nothing like twilights . Except that one perk if they got that life time immortal reward , and the sun couldn't bother them . ( And they sparkel)

And that they could run super fast and not turn into bath. Saying that they "were nothing like twilights" is an overstatement.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    If I remember any kind of vampire movie the only way to kill a vampire is through: Sunlight, Fire and steak through heart! If the team stayed true to the many vampire stories, including the newer ones like Twilight, Vampire Diaries, etc. These are the only ways to get rid of them for good. So who knows?

Well, a stake through the heart would kill just about anybody.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited January 2017

Sorry if I upset you but the fact that vampires sparkle in twilight really really makes me cringe and not something I would want my vampires to do. I know there are huge twilight fans out there and everything but Im personally just glad they took out the sparkles. Sparkles are an extra thing and not really needed. Like it was awesome that they catered to the fans of twilight in the sims 3 but im glad they went for the classics in the sims 4.
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    I don't like playing with supernaturals in my game, but the build/buy items are builder heaven for me! I'm disappointed that there isnt a turn off vampires option :disappointed:
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    I don't like playing with supernaturals in my game, but the build/buy items are builder heaven for me! I'm disappointed that there isnt a turn off vampires option :disappointed:

Lucky that there's no automatic vampirism then.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I'm sorry but i'm sick of people bashing on modern day portrayals . Pretending that there is true vampires . Reality there is no such thing as a real vampire . And they can be anything they want .

I was just kidding ;) Ok, alright, Twilight is cringeworthy to me, but that has more to do with Bella's character than anything else (can someone please give that woman something to do???). But I do like the first few seasons of TVD a lot (it got a bit weird at some point, and far too messy for me to really want to keep up with), and also the way they portrayed vampires, werewolves, and witches (especially how there are always negative side effects to power). And no, of course real vampires don't exist, although there's always an origin to every story (although frankly, if we'd get that kind of vampires, there wouldn't be much to play with I guess).

Anyway, I don't think any one vampire preference is superior, but there's still some types I prefer to others (and I don't really want sparkly vamps in my game) :)

That s understandable , and I dislike Bella as well. :)
  • Options

Are you saying the game doesn't create them? Because that would be great news for me!
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options

And that they could run super fast and not turn into bath. Saying that they "were nothing like twilights" is an overstatement.

There a lot vampire fiction that had super speed . There s a lot modern vampire stuff that dont turn into bats ?
  • Options
    @Horrorgirl6 And if she'd at least chosen the werewolf, maybe that would've redeemed her character ;)
  • Options

Are you saying the game doesn't create them? Because that would be great news for me!

I'm just saying that vampirism doesn't spread in the game. That's controlled by the player.
  • Options

I'm just saying that vampirism doesn't spread in the game. That's controlled by the player.

Brilliant. I thought I read that the game will generate npc vampires. Thanks for the info!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @Horrorgirl6 And if she'd at least chosen the werewolf, maybe that would've redeemed her character ;)

Well
    LadyJester wrote: »

Sorry if I upset you but the fact that vampires sparkle in twilight really really makes me cringe and not something I would want my vampires to do. I know there are huge twilight fans out there and everything but Im personally just glad they took out the sparkles. Sparkles are an extra thing and not really needed. Like it was awesome that they catered to the fans of twilight in the sims 3 but im glad they went for the classics in the sims 4.
    Oh don't get me wrong . I hated the sparkles as well .I was talking in general , i see a lot people complaining try to down modern day portrays l. Or get angry portrayal is not like Dracula , and the old movies . I'm fine if people don't like them .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top