Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires info: blogs, SimGuru tweets etc.!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    And scattered about the forums outside this thread:
    Plasma Trees, Wolfsbane, & Garlic are the new harvestables for the pack.
    Garlic makes for a WONDERFUL Vampire defense. (provided, of course, the Vampire isn't immune to its effects)
    Collect stacks of garlic and turn it into Braids & Garlands. Place those around the home and Vamps will generally want to avoid it. But if the Vamp has Power that allows them to be resistant to garlic.... yikes. In that case I would highly suggest good Vamp Lore knowledge to maintain a healthy supply of Vampire Resistance Cocktails.
    1 sleeper at a time in a coffin.
    BabySquare wrote: »
    In CAS, can we make families of humans and vamps and them be related? (sibling/parents?)
    Yes.
    Vampires can have day jobs. They'e safe at work. So as long as they can make it there they'll be fine.
    Now, can the Vampire make it to the end of the block after they leave their house to go to work?
    Vamps metabolize super efficiently so no bathroom breaks needed; even if they eat/drink normal food. They still gain weight if they suck too much though. (It's actually kind of hilarious to see your Vampire get a bit round & pudgy after going on a major plasma bender)
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    So if I'm understanding this right, vampires can't initially turn sims into vampires unless they have the power to do so?
    Correct. Vampire Creation is a Tier 2 power. So it's available to purchase after your first rank up.
    As long as you know how to make the Draught of Reconfiguration (learned from Vamp Lore skill) you can reset your Powers and choose them again.
    I'm almost certain we'll have the marketing Sims up on the gallery at Vampires launch. SimGuruGeorge will follow up to make sure.
    If he fails I will cast 'Drain Life Spirit' on him.
    (Vlad lives in the Mansion. Caleb & his sister live in another FH home. The rest of the Sims were just for the videos.)
    No autonomous curing.
    Organ = 10 levels. (We could have gone the easy route and just tied it to piano skill, but where's the fun in that!? There's so many new songs for the Pipe Organ it naturally made sense to give the object its own skill.)
    Vamp Lore = 15 levels. (But each level ranks up faster than the normal 10 lvl skill. LOTS of unlocks to be found under this skill. VERY useful for Vamps & Humans alike)
    ^^ In this modern day and age the computer is the best place to start. Some quick research there will lead you to the right books you'll need.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I know he said Plasma Trees, Wolfsbane, & Garlic are harvestable but what about venus fly trap?
  • Options
    LadyJester wrote: »
    I know he said Plasma Trees, Wolfsbane, & Garlic are harvestable but what about venus fly trap?

I'm assuming not from the phrasing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    @SimGuruNinja In the live stream it was said that Vamp-Kids and Vamp-Tots are Vampires too. Even Though they wont have the powers yet.
    We know they wont have fangs, and we know that genetics will be used by the normal form only. So what if one parent is no Vampire but a normal Sim, and the other Parent is a Vampire that has a pretty normal looking normal form.
    Will we have to wait until the offspring is a teen in order to know if its a vampire, or is there a way to tell a non-vampire toddler from a vamp-tot and a non-vampire child from a vamp-kid?
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »
    Oh so I know what happens when two vampires try for a baby as bats!
    If two vampires “Try for Baby as Bats” their resulting offspring will automatically have the Bat transformation power when they become a Teen.
    I love this.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    SaccadonSaccadon Posts: 112 Member
    Creepy af
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Saccadon wrote: »
    Creepy plum

I don't see anything creepy about the question I asked him when they specifically said vampires could sneak in a house and bite a sim while their sleeping.
  • Options
    Creepy plum

I don't see anything creepy about the question I asked him when they specifically said vampires could sneak in a house and bite a sim while their sleeping.
    Putting your sim to bed and randomly seeing a dark figure show up and bite them at night is pretty creepy

Not that I have a problem with creepy, it's Vampires after all
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member

I am sooooo happy about this but I wonder how many twilight fans will be upset. :D
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member

OMG!! I definitely NEED to create a new sim for Forgotten Hollow. Forget about the one I am playing with, I definitely need to see this! This GamePack gets better and better by the second!

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    VAMPIRE GHOSTS?!?!?! I love you guys so plumming much! They are the ultimate supernatural creature. Two questions though: 1. Do vampire ghosts still hate sunlight, even when they're dead from it? 2. I thought you guys said hybrids couldn't be in the game?

I think that the Ghosts don't count as hybrids: they're dead other Sims and can't breed.

Ah, but vampires can create other vamps, vampire family, through turning. Maybe they can still do that as ghosts too.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

OMG!! I definitely NEED to create a new sim for Forgotten Hollow. Forget about the one I am playing with, I definitely need to see this! This GamePack gets better and better by the second!

[/quote]

Today is going to go so SLOOOOWWWWWW. Urgh. I'm going to be too excited to sleep tonight and too busy playing tomorrow night. I'm going to look like a vampire for sure! I'm already so pale I'm almost transparent lol

I can't wait!!!!!! 1 day to go!

--T
  • Options
    Embargo lifted! FYI I've got a preliminary list of mods partly broken by the Vampires GP, mods that seem to be fine, and mods that might not work quite as you expect here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/909882/broken-updated-mods-vampires-toddlers-unembargoed Otherwise, I think it's a good time to let the review crowd take over :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Embargo lifted! FYI I've got a preliminary list of mods partly broken by the Vampires GP, mods that seem to be fine, and mods that might not work quite as you expect here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/909882/broken-updated-mods-vampires-toddlers-unembargoed Otherwise, I think it's a good time to let the review crowd take over :)

And LGR has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw262-AKBEc&t=325s

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Are vampires vulnerable to other types of death, such as electrocution?
  • Options
    No offense to LGR but I think that was the least explanatory review he ever did
  • Options
    I'm no dev but I'm 99% sure they are. Biological immortality can't stop a violent death
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    They would not be called immortal if we would have to worry about them dying not only from the sun, but also from the other death types. No idea though, we'll have to wait and see for ourselves. I mean vampires are literally so powerful that not even breaking their neck kills them. But again no idea what the creators of this pack had in mind with the term "immortality".
  • Options
    JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    I'm no dev but I'm 99% sure they are. Biological immortality can't stop a violent death

How awesome would it be if one of the powers in rank 5 immunized the vampire against other kinds of death (except for thirst and sunlight)? Don't get me wrong, the pack is already awesome, but this would be next level haha
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Oh wow look how positive even LGR is :D I'm almost shocked. Can't wait for tomorroooooow guys. Only 24 hours and approx 40 minutes left. Ahhh :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top