Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too much brown eyes

I like playing and mixing around genetics to see how much my generations change but it seems like every sim around town has regular brown eyes. Sooooo boring

Comments

• Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    There seems to be a problem with how townies are generated. I've noticed that they favor the same hair styles, facial features, clothing choices and they all kinda of look the same.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Irrelevent opinion coming trough, but I absoluty love that most of my sims have brown eyes, it suits them so well, my eyes are green but ooh i'd be a lot happier if they were dark brown.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Skobee, lets trade eyes then :joy: I love green eyes!
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited January 2017
    Skobee wrote: »
    Irrelevent opinion coming trough, but I absoluty love that most of my sims have brown eyes, it suits them so well, my eyes are green but ooh i'd be a lot happier if they were dark brown.
    I'm the same way, green eyes, but I really admire brown eyes and have them on most of my Sims.
    Although I wouldn't change my eye colour for anything, since I spent hours wishing my blue eyes would turn green when I was little.
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    I don't know if it's relevant or not, but brown/darker eyes are a dominant gene trait...I hardly ever have blue-eyed children when dad has blue eyes and mom has dark brown. All of my sims' children and grandchildren so far just have brown eyes, and I tried to add variations but it seems that i've failed lol

wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    I'm the same way, green eyes, but I really admire brown eyes and have them on most of my Sims.
    Although I wouldn't change my eye colour for anything, since I spent hours wishing my blue eyes would turn green when I was little.

I wish mine were blue!!! I grew to love my eye colour though, I thought it was cool/kinda unique that they're brown with green around the pupil. The green is most vivid and visible in sunlight though. Not so much with natural lighting.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yoko2112 wrote: »

Strange how we always want the things we don't have, huh :D ? Everyone always tells me that my brown eyes are very handsome but here I am still mad at my weird genes for giving me blonde hair and hazel eyes until I was 8 and then switching to brown on brown -_-
    When I show people pics of me as a kid, most of the time they'll go "Ohhhh.... wait that's not you, ... is it ?"

I have brown eyes as well, and receive the same kind of comments. I always disliked my brown eyes though.. I thought they were boring.

These days I'm largely indifferent - and blue is the most common eye colour where I live so at least I'm a little different. :) I'm actually the only person in my family with brown eyes.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Brown eyes on townies doesn't bother me. However, I never like to mix my sims with townies, so I populate my towns myself. This way, I have the features I like walking around town and possible matches for the Sims I'm playing that I like.
    I like creating households, but if it's not your forte, there's plenty in the gallery! I suggest you give this a try.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Brown eyes on townies doesn't bother me. However, I never like to mix my sims with townies, so I populate my towns myself. This way, I have the features I like walking around town and possible matches for the Sims I'm playing that I like.
    I like creating households, but if it's not your forte, there's plenty in the gallery! I suggest you give this a try.

I do too, but it's too much work almost because if the family tree is uneven (one side missing grandparents/parents etc), it bothers me, so I have to raise each family
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Brown eyes is a dominant gene. Blue eyes are recessive genes. Brown eyes are more common than Blue eyes. Green eyes are kind of in the middle. If one parent had brown eyes then you can guarantee their children will have brown eyes.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »

Strange how we always want the things we don't have, huh :D ? Everyone always tells me that my brown eyes are very handsome but here I am still mad at my weird genes for giving me blonde hair and hazel eyes until I was 8 and then switching to brown on brown -_-
    When I show people pics of me as a kid, most of the time they'll go "Ohhhh.... wait that's not you, ... is it ?"

Hm I like my blue-grey eyes, never wanted any other colour :D But I like most people's eyes, I think they always have something unique, no matter what colour they are. The one thing I find really fascinating though is people that have two different eye colours or that have any base colour with these weird little yellow-ish or red-ish specs in them. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Brown eyes is a dominant gene. Blue eyes are recessive genes. Brown eyes are more common than Blue eyes. Green eyes are kind of in the middle. If one parent had brown eyes then you can guarantee their children will have brown eyes.

Green eyes are rarer than blue though :)

Wait, lemme get the chart:
    The-Perfect-Guide-to-What-Color-Eyes-Will-Your-Children-Have.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017

yeah, but blue/green is still possible, it depends on the genetics of the grandparents. say if mom has brown eyes and dad has blue eyes, yeah brown is more probable, however if one of mom's parents have blue eyes, theres a roughly 25% chance (if my math is correct) that their offspring will have blue eyes
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I don't think sims have recessive genes like in real life, so maybe it's just luck since most of my sims had grey eye color.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited January 2017
    If we went back to Sims 2 (which has my favorite style of genetics out of the... 3 Sims games that have genetics), brown eyes and dark blue eyes are a dominant gene so if you make a brown eyed sim and a light blue/grey/green eyed sim in CAS and make them have children, the 2nd generation will always have brown eyes, but after this generation things will start to mix-up and perhaps a sim will inherit a hair or eye color from his grandparent or great-grandparent...

I guess what I'm saying here, brown eyes are a dominant gene in real life (and The Sims 2 for that matter...) so it makes sense you'll see a lot of sims with brown eyes... :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2017

My dad had brown eyes, my mum has blue. Both myself and my brother have blue eyes.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited January 2017
    ...Brown eyes are the most common eye color in the world irl, so it kind of makes sense, right?

Not where I live, Denmark. But neither in the other nordic countries. It is very easy to change in CAS, though. I regularly change my "townie" sim from the unplayed families menu.
  • Options
    ...Brown eyes are the most common eye color in the world irl, so it kind of makes sense, right?

Not where I live, Denmark. But neither in the other nordic countries. It is very easy to change in CAS, though. I regularly change my "townie" sim from the unplayed families menu.

That's true, Nordic countries are known for their clear-eyed people, but generally most common is brown, second blue, and last green :)
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I don't think it should matter what the more popular eye color is in the real world, it is a game and a more equal representation of all the eye colors would be preferable.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Speaking of eyes after all the Sims that have been made and we are now on Sims 4 you think that they would have improved on all the eye colors they are not very realistic. I wish we had more normal colors different shades or something. The blue eye color is just horrible it looks so fake that I have to go to the gray color all the time.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited January 2017
    candy8 wrote: »
    Speaking of eyes after all the Sims that have been made and we are now on Sims 4 you think that they would have improved on all the eye colors they are not very realistic. I wish we had more normal colors different shades or something. The blue eye color is just horrible it looks so fake that I have to go to the gray color all the time.
    Related to that, why is there no dark blue eye color in this game like in TS2? Whenever I recreate sims from TS2 that have xark blue eyes, I have to choose from the darker (but still too light) blue or the darker grey... But on the other hand I have 4 shades of brown and 6 shades of green to choose from... :neutral:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member

My eyes are green, too, but I always wanted blue eyes. I suppose I could give in and get contacts to change them. But, nope. I don't like stuff in my eye. Having enough trouble with the artificial tears and the goop I have to wear at bedtime, since I'm struggling with dry eyes. Another reason to listen to my gut and just say 'no', when it comes to contact lenses.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    I don't think it should matter what the more popular eye color is in the real world, it is a game and a more equal representation of all the eye colors would be preferable.

This. Exactly what I mean.