Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh poor me, I gave in.

So, I haven't played the Sims in like three months I think. I went to make a sim a few days ago (profilepic) and went on Origin to see the City living was 50% off again. I had some spare money left and didn't know if I should buy the pack or not. I needed some new things to do and want thing I liked about the pack was that you have these places where you can buy "used" furniture and thought it was cute. I mean, i'm not too happy about the pack since I really wanted to build my own apartments, but I guess it's not possible so I set myself over it.

So, I bought it. I mean, for 20 bucks it's not bad and I really like the new beds since we don't have some cute ones in our game, so it's installing right now and i'm off to play. It's hard though, i've been a simmer since the day it started and even though I don't agree with a lot of things the team provide for the Sims 4, I can't help but buy it anyway, however this time I wait for the sales and i'm quite of myself for that.

I get to enjoy, but for half the price :D
Origin ID - RosyAngelina

Comments

• Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    It was pretty much the same for me, although it's more expensive over here (both Origin and retail). But I didn't regret it. :)
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Good to know, i'm going to play, really needed some new gameplay for my sims.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I always try to wait for sales, whether I think I'll love the expansion or whatever pack or not (although lately I've been getting some packs as gifts. Friends found out I like the game and some just wanna see my stories continue on...lol) as it saves money (groceries gotta come first. 40$ can pay for a week of my grocery budget) and makes up for the cost of base game when I paid for it. Stuff packs are the hardest to wait for sales on, but plum me if I was paying 10$ for Cool Kitchen which was my least fav. Got it for half with a code.

And contests can help too. May not guarantee a win, but they are fun and it's awesome seeing those that really want a certain pack get them. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I know everyone thinks stuff packs are cheap but in my view they are the most expensive considering how little stuff they have. I think EA makes the most profits from stuff packs.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    So, I haven't played the Sims in like three months I think. I went to make a sim a few days ago (profilepic) and went on Origin to see the City living was 50% off again. I had some spare money left and didn't know if I should buy the pack or not. I needed some new things to do and want thing I liked about the pack was that you have these places where you can buy "used" furniture and thought it was cute. I mean, i'm not too happy about the pack since I really wanted to build my own apartments, but I guess it's not possible so I set myself over it.

So, I bought it. I mean, for 20 bucks it's not bad and I really like the new beds since we don't have some cute ones in our game, so it's installing right now and i'm off to play. It's hard though, i've been a simmer since the day it started and even though I don't agree with a lot of things the team provide for the Sims 4, I can't help but buy it anyway, however this time I wait for the sales and i'm quite of myself for that.

I get to enjoy, but for half the price :D

yeah that sounds like exactly what a lot of people do. i have had people actually tell me to do that very thing if only certain things seem good an ep but you do not want to spend the full asking price then wait for a sale. "its what i would do" is usually the response i get.
  • Options
    melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    So tempted to buy City Living because it's half price....does anyone know when the next sale is likely to be? I have 4 days left...but I only bought GTW yesterday so I think it'd be too much to by it now. Do you think I should?
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    So tempted to buy City Living because it's half price....does anyone know when the next sale is likely to be? I have 4 days left...but I only bought GTW yesterday so I think it'd be too much to by it now. Do you think I should?

@melissalungu The next sale is probly going to be in August, September around but promo codes might come out earlier.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member

Sales happen quite often with the Sims 4, i've seen City life on sale so many times now I think if you want to wait you'll likely see a new sale popping up soon. So don't worry about that!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Skobee wrote: »

Sales happen quite often with the Sims 4, i've seen City life on sale so many times now I think if you want to wait you'll likely see a new sale popping up soon. So don't worry about that!

Maybe. But I don't think we'll get another 50% sale anytime soon.
  • Options
    melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member

@melissalungu The next sale is probly going to be in August, September around but promo codes might come out earlier.

that'll do then...it'll probably be that long before I get to play the darn game anyway (with 3 kids aged 5 and under and a niece I mind too :tired_face: )
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile: