Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim is slowly starving to death after being eaten by his plant

So I left my farmer sim to his own devices for a few minutes while I took care of some business. When I came back, he managed to get himself eaten by one of his cow plants. He currently has the uncomfortable drained moodlet and his hunger is very low, in the red. When he eats, it doesn't increase his hunger bar. Is this what normally happens when a sim gets eaten by a cowplant? At this rate he's going to starve to death.

Comments

• Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Try turning ''testingcheatsenabled true'' on and shift clicking on the mailbox, ''Make all happy'' :#
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    PinkmonkeyPinkmonkey Posts: 188 Member
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    Try turning ''testingcheatsenabled true'' on and shift clicking on the mailbox, ''Make all happy'' :#

I just did this and all of his needs maxed out except for hunger. Its still in the red. :'(
  • Options
    WOW. That's is so strange. Okay try reseting the sim.
    You have to type:
    ''resetsim '' then press the space bar, type the sims first name, space, then the sims last name :)
    So for example, if my sims name is Moo Cow, it would go;
    resetsim Moo Cow
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,647 Member
    Hello
    Try typing into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then type in
    fillmotive motive_hunger
    Then press enter.
    This should restore the hunger bar needs.

This link explains about what happens when eaten by the cowplant for the first time, but are " spat out" by the cowplant
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21733.0
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Just let him die.
  • Options
    Oh good lord xD
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    Just let him die.

Nooooo! I put a lot of effort starting his farm and he finally found someone to marry. :'(

I tried resetting him and the fill motives cheat and his hunger hasn't changed. This is so weird. The one time I get invested in a sim and they die. This sucks, but it looks like i may not be able to save him. :s
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    That's not what should happen when sims get eaten. Normally it's just the drained moodlet, I've had it several times. So sad if you lose your sim :(
  • Options
    WAIT! There is a way!
    I'm pretty sure you can edit him in create a sim and save him to the gallery? That way, if he dies, you could get him back. I think they keep all the skills. I'm not sure..
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    WAIT! There is a way!
    I'm pretty sure you can edit him in create a sim and save him to the gallery? That way, if he dies, you could get him back. I think they keep all the skills. I'm not sure..

He'll keep his skills, not his relationships with other sims or money, though. And I'm not sure if aspiration progress are saved.

Sorry @Pinkmonkey that you have this problem in your game.
  • Options
    WAIT! There is a way!

Oh this is good! I will try this. Will he loose his relationships?
  • Options
    Thanks @spontaneousivy for the info :)
    So @Pinkmonkey he will lose the relationships, but you could do a cheat to bring them back up. And cheat to bring the money back up too.
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Just let him die.

not really a solution. some of us spends a lot of time with some sims in the game with,

skills
    job
    collections
    relationships
    aspirations.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Pinkmonkey wrote: »
    WAIT! There is a way!

Oh this is good! I will try this. Will he loose his relationships?

yes they always keep the skills and no a copy of a sim wouldn't keep relationships.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    WAIT! There is a way!

He'll keep his skills, not his relationships with other sims or money, though. And I'm not sure if aspiration progress are saved.

Sorry @Pinkmonkey that you have this problem in your game.
    Losing aspiration progress is a big issue. I currently have his motive decay disabled, which is keeping him alive. I
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited January 2017
    Have you tried having him leave his lot, go to the park say, and then return- maybe even have him move to a new house and then back to his old lot? Also, try switching to play a different sim and then switching back to him. You can also try saving the lot- then demolish the lot- then replace that lot from your library. Also, try just saving the game, exiting the Sims completely and then restart the game to see if your sim auto resets that way. BE SURE AND SAVE YOUR GAME before doing any of this in a NEW GAME FILE from whatever file you are currently playing. Last but not least, can you just go back to your last save and start again- this time watching that he does not get eaten?

After trying each of the above, see if he can eat his way out of the red.
  • Options
    Great ideas Jason!
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    Have you tried having him leave his lot, go to the park say, and then return- maybe even have him move to a new house and then back to his old lot? Also, try switching to play a different sim and then switching back to him. You can also try saving the lot- then demolish the lot- then replace that lot from your library. Also, try just saving the game, exiting the Sims completely and then restart the game to see if your sim auto resets that way. BE SURE AND SAVE YOUR GAME before doing any of this in a NEW GAME FILE from whatever file you are currently playing. Last but not least, can you just go back to your last save and start again- this time watching that he does not get eaten?

After trying each of the above, see if he can eat his way out of the red.

WOOHOO!! His hunger reset to green when I changed lots! Thanks so much!! :) He's saved!!
  • Options
    Hooray to @JasonAnthonySterling !!
    ZTsWwUJ.jpg
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Good job, people! We saved a life today and that matters! Be careful out there... dismissed :smiley:
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    @aldavor
    Haha xD
    Indeed we did!
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    If he had died, you could have brought him back. Unless he lived alone.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    YAY! I'm glad it worked.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    aldavor wrote: »
    Good job, people! We saved a life today and that matters! Be careful out there... dismissed :smiley:
    Whew! The stress!
    Glad it all worked out. :smile: