Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What New Occults Could TS4 Introduce?

mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
Every iteration has introduced new life states—TS3 introduced fairies and mermaids for example—so I'm hoping that we'll have at least one new occult type that we've never had before. I personally think Elves would fit in TS4. They'd look like human sims, but have long, pointy ears and elemental/magical abilities. I also think Werecats are possible since they're just the feline version of Werewolves. What new supernaturals would you like to see?

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i will repeat none unless it includes an option to turn off in game the lifestate itself
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited December 2016
    i will repeat none unless it includes an option to turn off in game the lifestate itself

Please stop it. Looking at the forums 90% of Simmers want supernaturals/occults/life states.
    In the time they focus on disableing supernaturals they should rather make them more deep in gameplay, because that's what TS4 is lacking of the most. (Deep gameplay)
    If you don't want life states/occults just don't buy the pack and everybody is happy.

OR a superhero with custom abilities, e.g. brain manipulation, ability to fly, destroy electronics, attract insects, freeze ray.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    It's sad that every time people talk about life states, there is at least one troll. Because at this point, what they're doing is pure trolling.
    +1 for superheroes ! I'd love a superheroes and supervillains GP !
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    It's sad that every time people talk about life states, there is at least one troll. Because at this point, what they're doing is pure trolling.
    +1 for superheroes ! I'd love a superheroes and supervillains GP !

There was a survey which included the idea of superheroes! I'd love superheros as well!
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I don't know. I felt that The Sims 3 went a little overboard in terms of supernatural lifestates. With mummies, ghosts, genies, simbots, fairies, witches, zombies, vampires, werewolves, plantsims, aliens, mermaids, imaginary friends and even a pet supernatural in the unicorn I started to feel like the game was taking a very sharp turn down Out-Of-Control Boulevard. And I even really like some of the lifestates.

The superhero idea is cool, but I worry that it would be akin to other supernaturals in The Sims 3 without controls. I would purchase a superhero themed GP, but fear that things would get out of control and I'd feel like I was playing CoH again.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I don't know. I felt that The Sims 3 went a little overboard in terms of supernatural lifestates. With mummies, ghosts, genies, simbots, fairies, witches, zombies, vampires, werewolves, plantsims, aliens, mermaids, imaginary friends and even a pet supernatural in the unicorn I started to feel like the game was taking a very sharp turn down Out-Of-Control Boulevard. And I even really like some of the lifestates.

The superhero idea is cool, but I worry that it would be akin to other supernaturals in The Sims 3 without controls. I would purchase a superhero themed GP, but fear that things would get out of control and I'd feel like I was playing CoH again.

As long as the pack allows adjusting the occult % in each neighborhood and also allows spawning based on traits, that would greatly reduce the sims 3 style occult invasion problem. NRaas Story Progression already has such settings.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Candyd wrote: »

As long as the pack allows adjusting the occult % in each neighborhood and also allows spawning based on traits, that would greatly reduce the sims 3 style occult invasion problem. NRaas Story Progression already has such settings.

Or at least give us those check boxes. That way I could keep my sims special snowflake status and play around with the neat stuff without having San Myshuno turn into Marvel's version of New York City.

Some new pet occults might be cool. Maybe a chupacabra or a hellhound. Something to keep in my vampire's yard to discourage visitors.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Adding a +1 for superheroes. I've liked that idea ever since I saw a copy of the survey. I think it could be a lot of fun to have a superhero/supervillain system to play with.

Totally down with Elves too. Maybe a kind of Elf-Fairy continuum. As long as it has pointy ears.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Other than Witches, which are the obvious answer (which if I'm being totally honest, I would MUCH prefer to be a skill used by anyone like it was in TS1), I'd like to see:
    • Plumbots
    • PlantSims
    • Bigfoot

The rest I could take or leave, to be honest.
    But as for NEW occults... I'd love to see Elves (instead of Fairies, which were a little too overly girly for my tastes) and gnomes.

Remember the gnomes from Makin' Magic that would come to life and use all the crafting objects (I loved it when they got drunk on my nectar maker), I want those. None of these "they only move when you're not looking" gnomes from TS3, or the Lot Trait from TS4. I want actual, playable gnomes.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Every iteration has introduced new life states—TS3 introduced fairies and mermaids for example—so I'm hoping that we'll have at least one new occult type that we've never had before. I personally think Elves would fit in TS4. They'd look like human sims, but have long, pointy ears and elemental/magical abilities. I also think Werecats are possible since they're just the feline version of Werewolves. What new supernaturals would you like to see?

Oh my goodness, Werecats and Elves would be amazing in my opinion. I've actually already made some "elf" sims, but it's 90% imagination and 10% CAS finagling because of the whole no-pointed-ears thing, so I would be all over an Elven GP/EP in a heartbeat lol. It would probably be a pain to code, but I think shapshifting sims would be really cool once we get pets. They could switch between human and animal form. Not in an anthropomorphic way, but like changing into an actual animal. :)
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited December 2016
    For returning occult Sims I mainly want to see witches and werewolves again (along with vampires of course). For something new, I really like the idea of Elemental Sims, and I'm down with elves or some variant of them. I'm also cool with superheroes as long as we get a good variety of abilities for them and not all superhero Sims have the same powers.

I like the werecat idea too, that would be something cool we haven't had yet. Maybe werewolves and werecats could come in the Pets EP.

I want Sims with wings that can fly (not exactly angels since that would be controversial, but maybe like....bird-Sims or something?)
    Post edited by ShinobuTypeError on
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    I want Sims with wings that can fly (not exactly angels since that would be controversial, but maybe like....bird-Sims or something?)

Like Harpies or Sirens? That would be awesome! Maybe they could sing and lure other sims to their death...if that's not too dark for the T rating lol.

• Options
    patsyspink wrote: »

Oh my goodness, Werecats and Elves would be amazing in my opinion. I've actually already made some "elf" sims, but it's 90% imagination and 10% CAS finagling because of the whole no-pointed-ears thing, so I would be all over an Elven GP/EP in a heartbeat lol. It would probably be a pain to code, but I think shapshifting sims would be really cool once we get pets. They could switch between human and animal form. Not in an anthropomorphic way, but like changing into an actual animal. :)

Absolutely! Shapeshifting sims is something I've wanted since Werewolves in TS3. I was slightly dissapointed that they just got hairy/canine features and didn't turn into full wolves.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Wow really, it seems that person friendlysimmers is always putting down Supernaturals and Gothic, as well as a lot of other stuff, why even bother playing the Sims 4 if you do not want a lot of the stuff in the game, what is the point , to Me it seems without variety in the game it is just plain and boring, I for one want Gothic and many items and chars back, as well as new ones, but even with the stuff I did not care for, you do not see Me telling EA and Maxis Not to add anything in so others can not enjoy them, yup that is just mean in my opinion, maybe that person should play another game since Sims 4 does not seem to be for that person?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I miss city of heroes so much :(

As to op, elves came to kind before I even opened the thread.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    If pets can get a new occult or if like element occult Sims can unlock new type of pets like mythical pets like this ef799fab1ed3657811a29157ccd212e5.jpg
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Two words: Junkyard Monster.

Lives on a junkyard lot. Green and slimy. Eats junk, has magical abilities with junk, can create junk minions and can attack other sims with junk. The junkyard is their fortress and trespassers must pay. There are lots of rats and the J Monster has special interactions with them. Rats flood to J Monsters and sleep on them, climb onto their food etc. J Monsters can transform into rats.

Boom a mini gross tower defense game within The Sims but with a Junkyard empire and a creepy disgusting monster king with rat issues.
  • Options

Lives on a junkyard lot. Green and slimy. Eats junk, has magical abilities with junk, can create junk minions and can attack other sims with junk. The junkyard is their fortress and trespassers must pay. There are lots of rats and the J Monster has special interactions with them. Rats flood to J Monsters and sleep on them, climb onto their food etc. J Monsters can transform into rats.

Boom a mini gross tower defense game within The Sims but with a Junkyard empire and a creepy disgusting monster king with rat issues.

That's a cool idea, would go well with the grody lot trait as well
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member

Like Harpies or Sirens? That would be awesome! Maybe they could sing and lure other sims to their death...if that's not too dark for the T rating lol.

Yes exactly! Thank you, when I typed that post I was half asleep and the best my brain could come up with was "bird-Sims". Harpies or Sirens would be really cool and something we definitely haven't had yet. I sure hope they'd be able to lure Sims to their doom...this game NEEDS more darkness if you ask me.

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Cyborgs? Replace your sim's arms, legs, brain, etc. with machinery and upgrade them with perks, traits, etc.

Skeleton Sim/Skelesims, like the skeletal maids from past versions. Dress them in special accessories like aprons, hats, ties, scarves, torn dresses, worn out tuxedos, etc. Choose from glowing/aura effects or none at all to adorn Skelesims bones (which could add an additional effect depending on their emotions)
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    Supernatural pets sound like an interesting idea. Other than unicorns, it hasn't really been done in a Sims game before.

I would really like to see vampires, werewolves, and witches returning in the Sims 4 at some point. Fairies and mermaids were also fun in the Sims 3, so I wouldn't mind having those return as well. And of course, one of my person favorites, PlantSims.
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    ... Oh no. Now I want elves, lol, and nymphs, and imps (basically all faerie like creatures - maybe even 'tricksters' too, just little creatures that cause a heck of a lot of trouble in general.) But ofc I want the conventional supernatural life forms too, especially witch.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited December 2016

A lot of those ideas could work well with a new Mole People life state too. The Mole King was a minor recurring character in several of the handheld Sims 2 games and always made me laugh. Mole people could be an interesting race, though their distaste for sunlight might be too similar to vampires. If we did have Mole People, it would be awesome to expand the basement system to allow your Sims to dig their own tunnels and have rocky, three-dimensional cave walls instead of flat basement walls. That could also be interesting to introduce along with some sort of mining system, expanding on the plain old 'digging' at rocks...

Elves would be so cool! Though, I'm not sure how I'd feel about watching an elf autonomously take selfies... really wish you could turn that off. :unamused:

I like the idea of some sort of nymph. That could tie into Elementals really well - I still really hope we get those, because they would be so cool. How do you guys think Elementals would work in TS4? If they came with a seasons pack that could be A-MA-ZING... :open_mouth: I could see each Elemental coming with natural skill boosts (Fire Mischief, Water Fishing, Earth Gardening, and Air ...?) and strong emotional boosts (Fire Angry or Flirty, Water Sad, Earth Energized, and Air Dazed or Inspired), but do you think we could expect any more fantastical, Avatar-esque manipulation of the world around them? If they came with seasons they could summon certain types of weather if they were really powerful, like wildfires and thunderstorms, earthquakes and tornadoes.