Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If GP4 releases during winter 2017, could GP5 be released during summer/fall 2017?

I wonder if the almost confirmed vampires GP will be released next month or February-April 2017, could we get another game pack later next year as well? If we will, I would be 100% fine with only 1 EP next year <3 2 GPs a year would be perfect! If GP5 will be a new vacation destination (for example a tropical vacation one), I know many Simmers would be excited! Oh, and I hope EP4 will be another widely requested theme (like generations, seasons, pets or something else much requested). :)
What do you think? :)

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I would love two GPs a year too, it would indeed be perfect for me. I think GP4 may come rather early in 2017, considering we already have some things in the code, which could indeed means another GP before the summer. And then the EP for the holiday sales. They managed to do two GPs in the first year (Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day, which came in January and July, so it doesn't seem completely far-fetched).

For the themes, I don't know, there are so many they could do for GP5 ! A new vacation destination would be great indeed.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I would love two GPs a year too, it would indeed be perfect for me. I think GP4 may come rather early in 2017, considering we already have some things in the code, which could indeed means another GP before the summer. And then the EP for the holiday sales. They managed to do two GPs in the first year (Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day, which came in January and July, so it doesn't seem completely far-fetched).

For the themes, I don't know, there are so many they could do for GP5 ! A new vacation destination would be great indeed.
    Yeah, I feel like next year we will get 2 GPs if everything goes as planned. I think GP4 has been in development since earlier this year/spring 2016 (they probably had brainstormed ideas for GP4 during DO's development). Dine Out had some development issues, like the Musical Chairs bug, so they probably delayed it for those reasons. I think I also saw some leaked vampire pics on Twitter (via SimsCommunity's Twitter), and there was a mention of a new world. The vampire Sims did look pretty official to me, too. And yeah it was awesome that we got 2 EPs and 2 GPs last year. I hope we will get 2 EPs next year, if it's possible, but 2 GPs and 1 EP would be great too.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't know why Dine Out was a bit longer to come, perhaps it was indeed quite complicated to make, or perhaps they put more ressources to finish GT and the club system. GT had a one month delay, so it could make sense to think they devoted more ressources to help finish it.

I agree it's safe to assume GP4 will be around vampires, too many things point to it :D Which means it will most likely be the first GP I'll skip ! Perhaps I'll grab it at sales if it has some other things that interest, like a new world, or CAS/Build/Buy items.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I doubt GP5 will be a destination pack, considering what we know about the Vamp pack thus far - which is that it will come with a world specific to that theme. I'm obviously not in the know, as none of us truly are, but I would dare to say that GP4 will come out in the next quarter (with a world) and we'll probably see GP5 in the third quarter (without a new world, thus it not being a vacation destination.)

My logic of that is that worlds seem to be an undertaking for the art department so I would assume that the swamp world for the Vamp pack and the world provided in the next EP (I'm making the assumption that Pets, University, and Seasons would arrive with their own worlds), that they would only create one or two worlds a year tops. Unless the next EP is Generations (which I highly doubt), I think it's highly unlikely we'll be getting another destination GP this coming year.

Of course, who knows! I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If they shift to about 6 months-ish apart, that would be awesome. Plus it makes some sense if they're focusing EP releases (which you can get a box for, to wrap) on holiday sales season.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I wonder if the almost confirmed vampires GP will be released next month or February-April 2017, could we get another game pack later next year as well? If we will, I would be 100% fine with only 1 EP next year <3 2 GPs a year would be perfect! If GP5 will be a new vacation destination (for example a tropical vacation one), I know many Simmers would be excited! Oh, and I hope EP4 will be another widely requested theme (like generations, seasons, pets or something else much requested). :)
    What do you think? :)

Yes.

Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day were only 6 months away.
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    The only thing that I see changing this idea would be the voice actors strike (if it is still going on).
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited December 2016
    @Neia I think the reason why dine out took so long was because the restaurant system was heavily modeled after the retail system so when they would have both in game they would conflict. This would explain why when they were working on Dine Out they asked for saves specifically with retail in them because they wanted to check and see the effect on long term gameplay.

This is also my guess as to why the Club system is broken because based on the leaks it sounds like vampires will be able to gain points that they can spend on perks and powers. Most likely these points are earned by performing vampire related activities similar to how club points are earned by completing selected club activities. We may even be able to make vampire clans which is why club members are broken.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I would honestly prefer a GP every 6 months. I have pretty much given up on EP's, but their last few GP's have proven, to me at least, to be riddled with replayability. I attribute this to the deeper development of the content included.

Spa Day and Dine Out are among the finest DLC for Sims 4 IMO. I hope future GP's keep with that.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    @Neia I think the reason why dine out took so long was because the restaurant system was heavily modeled after the retail system so when they would have both in game they would conflict. This would explain why when they were working on Dine Out they asked for saves specifically with retail in them because they wanted to check and see the effect on long term gameplay.

This is also my guess as to why the Club system is broken because based on the leaks it sounds like vampires will be able to gain points that they can spend on perks and powers. Most likely these points are earned by performing vampire related activities similar to how club points are earned by completing selected club activities. We may even be able to make vampire clans which is why club members are broken.

Or it could be more like the current Aspiration Points system, where you earn points for completing aspiration goals and random whims, then use those points on additional traits and potions.

If GP04 does release in the last quarter of the fiscal year (Jan-Mar), we could see another GP in late summer. For me the ideal schedule of releases each year would be 1 EP, 2 GP, 4 SP and the rest of the year assorted challenges and free content. So, if we also get toddlers before the end of March in a free update, GP05 could potentially be a family-themed GP. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I have a feeling that EP 4 will be released in summer and GP5 will be released in fall if they follow their pattern of GP- 2SP-EP-2SP-repeat
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I prefer GPs over EPs at this point. The thing about them is that there's so much focus and depth with their themes you can basically never get tired of them. I get bored with the EPs after a few days but with GPS I can go maybe two weeks to a month without getting bored.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I think we'll definitely get at least 1 GP and 1 EP per year but we might get multiple based on how much time the pack takes to develop - I know that they said EPs take a year now but that doesn't mean they'll only work on one at a time.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Or it could be more like the current Aspiration Points system, where you earn points for completing aspiration goals and random whims, then use those points on additional traits and potions.

I feel like it being based on the club system would make more sense just because of the fact that this patch broke clubs and not just member party of it but point earning as well.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Either way though it sounds interesting.
  • Options
    VentusMatt wrote: »

I feel like it being based on the club system would make more sense just because of the fact that this patch broke clubs and not just member party of it but point earning as well.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Either way though it sounds interesting.

But with not everyone having the club system in their game (not everyone has GT), I'm not sure if they want to expand that system beyond GT since it was such a key part of that EP.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would honestly prefer a GP every 6 months. I have pretty much given up on EP's, but their last few GP's have proven, to me at least, to be riddled with replayability. I attribute this to the deeper development of the content included.

Spa Day and Dine Out are among the finest DLC for Sims 4 IMO. I hope future GP's keep with that.

Yeah they are actually better than the EPs and the features seem to work as they should instead of how the EPs supposedly were supposed to work. I would like three GPs a year if they keep the focus on the gameplay and don't refer back to OR and it's empty vacation.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    It wouldn't really be an expansion on Clubs much like how Restaurants weren't an expansion on Retail. To run a retail store you still need GTW and in order to have Clubs one would still need GT. Whatever they new system they are adding is it would be independent of clubs, it was just modeled after clubs.

Another way of looking at it is how in ts3 werewolves could form packs. My thinking is that it would be similar but more detailed and for vampires instead. It wouldn't be as open and customizable as clubs but it would gives players who don't own GT the ability to still form more advanced groups at least for their vampires. We may even even be able to form rivalries/alliances with other clans.

We might not even be able to make are own clans at least not at the start. When your sims becomes a vampire they can join a clan (probably just one that turned them) and then they can work their way up to the the position of head vampire, once they have gain enough power they could create their own and start turning other sims to grow their clan or even try to join another clan.

:EDIT: To add, I can see clans being constant. As in you must always follow clan rules. One clan my have to rule of never feeding on other sim's and another may have the the rule that you have to. Another rule could be that you can't befriend nonvampires or romance them. In order to stay in your clan you would have to follow the rules no matter what. If you don't like this you have the option to leave your clan but being a part of one could give you perks that could make it worth it.

Also you can only be a part of one clan.
    Post edited by VentusMatt on
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yeah they are actually better than the EPs and the features seem to work as they should instead of how the EPs supposedly were supposed to work. I would like three GPs a year if they keep the focus on the gameplay and don't refer back to OR and it's empty vacation.

Remember OR was the first GP -- it was a new concept for the franchise. It would be like comparing an Edsel from the 1950s to a current model car. When you look at it that way, it's not so bad. And I've modified some of the lots to include easels so I can send my painters on an artist's retreat; I also added a spa and a restaurant (back before they took out that capability but I've got a mod that restores it) so it makes a nice little honeymoon retreat for my newlywed Sims.