Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Creativity :(

What do you guys do when you fall into a rut? I haven't played in about 8 months or so since I had my son, and he's just starting to entertain himself for longer periods of time so I was thinking "YAY back to Sims!" I even utilized the black Friday sale and bought everything that was on sale that I didn't already have. Made some characters from a book series I'm reading now, started playing, and......meh. Just wasn't feeling it. Tried splitting up the household to play rotationally and...meh. Tried starting over in a different neighborhood...meh. I even tried switching to TS2 and TS3 and same thing. I just can't for the life of me think of an original story, and I'm not getting into it at all :( this makes me so sad because I was so looking forward to playing again.
"Don't wish...Don't start.
Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
Origin ID: Simintoxication

Comments

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    What do you guys do when you fall into a rut? I haven't played in about 8 months or so since I had my son, and he's just starting to entertain himself for longer periods of time so I was thinking "YAY back to Sims!" I even utilized the black Friday sale and bought everything that was on sale that I didn't already have. Made some characters from a book series I'm reading now, started playing, and......meh. Just wasn't feeling it. Tried splitting up the household to play rotationally and...meh. Tried starting over in a different neighborhood...meh. I even tried switching to TS2 and TS3 and same thing. I just can't for the life of me think of an original story, and I'm not getting into it at all :( this makes me so sad because I was so looking forward to playing again.

This is what happened to me last year after playing TS4 during the Easter Egg promo. I got bored with TS4 and couldn't think of any story line, but surprisingly I couldn't switch over and play TS2 or TS3 either afterwards. I was just sick of the Sims. But I've stopped playing TS4 entirely, and slowly started play TS2 again. Right now, I'm still not playing but in my off time, I'm creating content and world building. While creating, I'm starting to imagine situations I want my sims to experience :relaxed: Now I'm addicted again!

Granted I have a bit more creative freedom with TS2, but you have all of the E/G/SPs for TS4 so that means your world is probably bigger and more flexible than my TS4 world. Why don't you try building a neighbourhood without sims? Then perhaps "if you build it... sims stories will come"... whatever you choose to do: happy simming.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    No creativity? But you recently made a brand new person! Congrats on that. As to the other, I find watching a fun let's play or build video gets my imagination going.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I peak over at the challenges and see which ones can be intertwined with other. Will also peak at posts other people have done with their games. Right now I am having loads of fun just letting the whims have my Sim reach his aspiration goals.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hello
    Perhaps you may like to do one of the sims challenges that are in this link thread?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/788042/list-of-challenges-legacy-and-other-for-sims-4#latest

Perhaps you could try having your sims complete all the collections that are in the game?

I am sending a little wave to your young son too :)
  • Options
    SimsCat84SimsCat84 Posts: 72 Member
    I know that :smiley:

I have a perfectly trained Sim.

All skills at level 10, all careers played through, almost all collections, all aspirations complete. Of course it become quickly boring if you already have everything.
    However, I could never play another sim. I love him, I also have him in Sims 3.

If I get bored, I switch between Sims 3 and Sims 4 back and forth.

Or I play a completely different game .

Or I build houses.

I am not the challenge type but there are many many challenges you can check out :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    if you can use mods I would suggest using MC and see who marries whom in a "book character" save. I'm doing something like that but replace book with "Disney" and occasionally Simself save
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I went through that recently. And I couldn't even play the previous games. So I started editing my TS3 hoods for a while, doing a little building, adding an item to a Lot here and there. I started to get so in love with the scenery and graphics once more that I began to get very excited about playing it.

I usually start off with huge families, but this time I kept it simple with a dad (whose wife had died in childbirth) and his son. So that I could really concentrate on those two sims, get to know them and love them. And it has worked out, cos I'm really loving TS3 again.

Another trick I like to do, if things are stale, is write up their stories with pics to follow what has happened so far. I find it helps me to want to continue on with their story and see what happens next.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited November 2016
    I go through this a lot - always have done. I will binge-play The Sims but then get really bored of it, get annoyed because I can't decide what to do in my game and I'll stop playing for months. Pretty normal I think. Best solution for me is always to just take a break and 'recharge', so to speak.

Though I doubt this will work in your case since you haven't played in 8 months. Since it's been a while, you probably just need to re-familiarise yourself with the game.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    When I get bored with my game I usually try to find a challenge to do. I've done rags to riches, and I'm currently doing the differences in the family tree challenge. I usually pick something that's challenging without being impossible

Hopefully you'll get your mojo back soon <3

Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    xoFireflyxoFirefly Posts: 40 Member
    Ah, this happens to me a lot. I tend to look up challenges to give myself something different to do with my SIMs or I go about giving regular townies makeovers/home redesigns.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I play another game.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member

I guess we should form a club, because I'm feeling the same. I haven't played sims in a while and have no interest any more. Not even in the good games, like the sims 2 or 3. *shrugs* I guess I've just run out of things to do.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8