Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Sale on all Sims 4

Man I wish I could have been patient they have a great sale on the Sims 4 packs some up to 60% off. So go check it out you won't regret it, I have got to be more patient!! I always want the packs as soon as the come out LOl

Comments

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I am always too impatient too. Games are my one vice (I don't buy expensive clothing, accessories, jewelry, or spend a lot of money on anything else) so I I figure it's not too detrimental. Everyone has that "one thing" they just adore and are a little crazy about. The Sims, Witcher, Dragon Age, and Elder Scrolls series are my weaknesses. LOL I always purchase content for those things on release day because I just can't help myself.

These sales are great for gifting, though!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    @Ceres_Meiriona same here I really don't play anything but the Sims but I that's my guilty pleasure you know. I knew they would have a good sale eventually and I wish I could wait not only to get the sales but the packs have a lot of bugs we should at least wait until we hear what they are but we probably won't LOL. Thanks for posting at least I know there's someone out there just like me actually I think mostly all Simmers are that way
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I still say the sale three weeks after an EP release is a testament to how poorly this game is doing.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    @DeservedCriticism yeah you're prob right Lol but it's not as bad for me as it used to be only because of CC and Mods so I guess that's pretty bad LOl
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited November 2016
    I still say the sale three weeks after an EP release is a testament to how poorly this game is doing.

You've never heard of Black Friday? You do realize that everything goes on sale Black Friday week.

Also, The Sims 4 has already outsold The Sims 2, on it's way to outselling 3, and has already charted better on the PC charts than The Sims 3, Get To Work also charted better than every Sims 3 EP except University.

Also, the fact it went on sale so quickly means that EA has met the reserve for what profit they wanted back, or they'd keep it at full price.

Games like Star Wars, which has insane sales, also went on sale extremely quickly. Once a company meets the reserve, they can put in on sale.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I still don't have cool kitchens or luxury party pack. Are they on sale too?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »

You've never heard of Black Friday? You do realize that everything goes on sale Black Friday week.

Newly released digital products not within retail stores go on sale Black Friday? Let alone, I'm looking at my calendar right now. It doesn't say Friday. Why did it go on sale as early as the 20th, a Sunday well before Black Friday...?

Also, The Sims 4 has already outsold The Sims 2, on it's way to outselling 3, and has already charted better on the PC charts, Get To Work also charted better than every Sims 3 EP except University.

Hot 🐸🐸🐸🐸, gimme some of that CITATION NEEDED!
    Also, the fact it went on sale so quickly means that EA has met the reserve for what profit they wanted back, or they'd keep it at full price.

LOL What economics class did you attend?! If something is selling like hotcakes, you let it sell like hotcakes for full price. Price and demand are in direct correlation with one another. When demand is up, so are prices. Demand is low? So are prices.

The denial is getting so bad it's painful...

You are a front seat passenger in a car. EA is the driver, Sims 4 is the car. The engine is on fire and about to explode due to fuel leakage, the seatbelts don't work, the doors jam, and the car is currently being driven down a road that leads to a dead end and directly off a cliff. As you drive closer to it, EA smiles, gives you a thumbs up and assures you everything is A-OK and there's nothing to worry about.

Do you really think you're changing anything by awkwardly smiling back at them and agreeing? Do you really think that'll solve the problem...?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Hello
    I am sorry :( but the stuff packs are not on sale.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

Hello
    I am sorry :( but the stuff packs are not on sale.

It's okay. I mostly feel like I am not missing anything by not having those. Sometimes I think I want to make an ice cream stand though. lol
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Newly released digital products not within retail stores go on sale Black Friday? Let alone, I'm looking at my calendar right now. It doesn't say Friday. Why did it go on sale as early as the 20th, a Sunday well before Black Friday...?

Also, The Sims 4 has already outsold The Sims 2, on it's way to outselling 3, and has already charted better on the PC charts, Get To Work also charted better than every Sims 3 EP except University.

Hot plum, gimme some of that CITATION NEEDED!

LOL What economics class did you attend?! If something is selling like hotcakes, you let it sell like hotcakes for full price. Price and demand are in direct correlation with one another. When demand is up, so are prices. Demand is low? So are prices.

You are a front seat passenger in a car. EA is the driver, Sims 4 is the car. The engine is on fire and about to explode due to fuel leakage, the seatbelts don't work, the doors jam, and the car is currently being driven down a road that leads to a dead end and directly off a cliff. As you drive closer to it, EA smiles, gives you a thumbs up and assures you everything is A-OK and there's nothing to worry about.

Do you really think you're changing anything by awkwardly smiling back at them and agreeing? Do you really think that'll solve the problem...?

Yawn.

If you're so determined the game is doing badly, you should have your own references. A quick google of the Sims 4 sales, shows the game selling 5 million in March 2016. We are now heading on 2017, and it's been sitting high on Origin since it's release. The Sims 2 sold 6 million, and a Guru acknowledged the fact it was about to outsell The Sims 2 9 months ago.

The Sims 3 has sold 10 million on all platforms as of 2014. Which means if The Sims 4 is heading past 6 million it's on it's way.

A quick search of the Sims 4 Get To Work PC chart shows it higher than all EP's except uni.

I'm not gonna repeat the same references. If you're so determined to act like no one is buying the game, you're staying ignorant to the facts plastered around the internet :)

Economics? Have you seen how PC sales work? So every game that goes on sale a few weeks after launch is a flop? Star Wars is a flop? GTA V is a flop? The PS4 was dirt cheap the week of Black Friday.

And yes, the sale Origin have right now is do with Black Friday. Again, a quick Google will keep you up to speed. They do it every year.

It's their black friday sale....

If you're gonna question me, at least have all your facts. Google everything I've told you and it won't come up dry :)
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited November 2016

Its black friday sales even battlefield 1 is on sale and thst game isnt doing poorly
  • Options

Hot plum, gimme some of that CITATION NEEDED!

Yawn.

If you're so determined the game is doing badly, you should have your own references. A quick google of the Sims 4 sales, shows the game selling 5 million in March 2016. We are now heading on 2017, and it's been sitting high on Origin since it's release. The Sims 2 sold 6 million, and a Guru acknowledged the fact it was about to outsell The Sims 2 9 months ago.

The Sims 3 has sold 10 million on all platforms as of 2014. Which means if The Sims 4 is heading past 6 million it's on it's way.

A quick search of the Sims 4 Get To Work PC chart shows it higher than all EP's except uni.

I'm not gonna repeat the same references. If you're so determined to act like no one is buying the game, you're staying ignorant to the facts plastered around the internet :)

Economics? Have you seen how PC sales work? So every game that goes on sale a few weeks after launch is a flop? Star Wars is a flop? GTA V is a flop? The PS4 was dirt cheap the week of Black Friday.

And yes, the sale Origin have right now is do with Black Friday. Again, a quick Google will keep you up to speed. They do it every year.

It's their black friday sale....

If you're gonna question me, at least have all your facts. Google everything I've told you and it won't come up dry :)

This may come as a shock to you, but when you make bold claims, burden of proof is on you.

Furthermore, this topic was luckily discussed recently, and this was the conclusion:

http://i.imgur.com/meaHwN3.jpg

Likewise, the source of that speculation was this tweet:

Upon careful inspection, a few things should jump out at you: that the plumbob design of the 5M one does not match the art design of the Sims 4 plumbob (it does change slightly with each generation), and likewise ALL displayed badges save for that one are green or some other bright color. Grey, to a gamer, says "achievement locked." That or it could mean it's dated, and perhaps a badge corresponding with Sims 2.

The tweet about "best selling PC game" was likewise scrutinized but the results of digging were inconclusive. Turns out the NPD organization has information regarding sales, but what EA chose to refer to was one very specific sales list, which we don't know the specifications of. For example some other charts showed FO4 and GTAV outselling it, though based on filters such as region, retail or digital, PC only or consoles included, you could get different results. The source for EA's specific study they reference...? We don't know. We don't know what specifications or filters were used.

If you have proof of the claim it's on it's way to outselling Sims 2, by all means. I somehow doubt it though.

Lastly...? In response to both you and the following:

baddazoner wrote: »

Its black friday sales even battlefield 1 is on sale and thst game isnt doing poorly

One quick google search got this: https://www.cnet.com/news/get-battlefield-1-for-just-27-dollars-on-black-friday/

And I quote:
    If you're looking for just the game, the best deal comes from Walmart. The retailer will be offering Battlefield 1 (PS4 and Xbox One) on Black Friday for $27. The deal starts online on Thursday, November 24, at 12:01 a.m. EST and at Walmart stores at 6 p.m. (local time) Thanksgiving Day through Friday, November 25, while supplies last.

Yes, there is a big difference between starting on Friday and starting on Sunday or Tuesday. There is a big difference between a sale ending in 1-2 days tops and a sale lasting a solid week or longer (no clue how long Target's sale is).

This is not the first time this game has gone on sale. It practically goes on sale once a month...
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    edited November 2016

Not everything goes on sales, the stuff packs aren't as some games that was released not too long ago aren't either as the ones that are on sale that are recent have a 10%-25% off, not 60%
    Also, The Sims 4 has already outsold The Sims 2, on it's way to outselling 3, and has already charted better on the PC charts than The Sims 3, Get To Work also charted better than every Sims 3 EP except University.

Source please.

That's only speculation, you have no idea how many copies they sold of the Sims 4, and the packs, no one does, EA didn't release the numbers, so unless you work for EA you have no idea, the only thing we know for sure is that they have sold less than 5m copies.

Your lack of business knowledge is painful to watch, going on sale that quickly is not a good sign, specially that big of a sale, you don't put a new product at 60% off if it's selling well, 🐸🐸🐸🐸. They are there to make money, they won't purposely lower their profit.
    Games like Star Wars, which has insane sales, also went on sale extremely quickly. Once a company meets the reserve, they can put in on sale.

I don't follow the Star Wars games, but if it did sold that well I'm pretty sure it didn't go in sale at 60% 3 weeks after it's release.

I am not saying recent games cannot go on sale if they are doing well, there's always events like Black Friday, Boxing day etc... but the majority of the recent games that will offer a sale during those periods will offer 10%-25% off, not 60%, 60% of on a EP that was released 3 weeks ago is not a good sign.

Edit: Just saw your other reply and that tweet the Guru made didn't mean they sold 5m copies of the game, it was speculation as the badge is grey anyway, which mean that whatever it was it wasn't achieved (then).
    Post edited by MissCherie on
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    $10 bucks for the base game?
    That should pump up the installed base.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2016
    Interesting. 25% off CL doesn't set off alarms, but 75% off the base sure does. Usually, anything over 60% is considered clearance. GTW and GT are both 63% off.

Granted, the discount on the base could be argued it's only to push sales for the newest EP, which also sounds a bit iffy for a theoritcally 'best-selling' game. 25% off of CL isn't enough to entice me though. Oh well.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Interesting. 25% off CL doesn't set off alarms, but 75% off the base sure does. Usually, anything over 60% is considered clearance. GTW and GT are both 63% off.

Granted, the discount on the base could be argued it's only to push sales for the newest EP, which also sounds a bit iffy for a theoritcally 'best-selling' game. 25% off of CL isn't enough to entice me though. Oh well.

A few days ago I bought CL for 50% off, online, from Target - $19.99. :*
    No need to get it "in-store".
    (free delivery, and after taxes/10% off one-day code/2 Gift cards redeemed - paid $9.59 total :D )

I know that's not Origin, but I still liked the deal.
    (Especially since I was mad at myself for not waiting in the past, and bought several at once for full price. Because it ALL went on Sale not long after for 50 % off, from Origin, for a short time. So I missed out on that unexpected huge discount)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

A few days ago I bought CL for 50% off, online, from Target - $19.99. :*
    No need to get it "in-store".
    (free delivery, and after taxes/10% off one-day code/2 Gift cards redeemed - paid $9.59 total :D )

I know that's not Origin, but I still liked the deal.
    (Especially since I was mad at myself for not waiting in the past, and bought several at once for full price. Because it ALL went on Sale not long after for 50 % off, from Origin, for a short time. So I missed out on that unexpected huge discount)

Nice deal. We don't have a Target around here though. :/

But I do love to see great deals, and I love to see a fellow frugal shopper. Kudos to you for getting the most out of that deal.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited November 2016
    Idk. I know Target recently had all board games and all video games on sale for buy two, get the third one free. It was just another pre-holiday sale.

There are all sorts of deals. If I can get a watch that is say 100 USD for 15 USD, I am going to take the deal.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Mannnnn, I wish Call of Duty Infinite warfare would go on sale. It came out the same time as CL yet Target won't budge the price to sale price.
    I wonder why? T_T
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Meanwhile Sims 4 CL is still $17.99 at Target BTW. Sims GT is 13.99 ROFL.