Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pls remove notifications for screenshots or change it to a sound

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Oh yes, why is there no toggle for this yet? The hiccup is more than enough to know you took a SS, I don't need to be told I've taken a screenshot 1000 times.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Despite this being an old thread, I still find it valid and would like to add my support for this change as well. My notifications fill up way too quickly and I take a lot of screenshots. I don't need to be notified every single time I do it. The first time was enough. Even if it was reduced to once per game session or save file, that would be a huge improvement.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    It's 2020 and we still can't hide those annoying notifications. As a player who takes a lot of screenshots, this is really an issue.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Same here. I may be old, but I do know when I've taken a shot. Reminders neither needed nor wanted.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Have they ever explained why this is? I’m even bothered by the one time (after starting up the game) Sims3 does that, I don’t get why they ever decided players need to get this notification every time. Maybe it’s a bug/glitch?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Despite this being an old thread, I still find it valid and would like to add my support for this change as well. My notifications fill up way too quickly and I take a lot of screenshots. I don't need to be notified every single time I do it. The first time was enough. Even if it was reduced to once per game session or save file, that would be a huge improvement.

At this point I would settle for this.

I don't see why we need a notification for it beyond the very first time anyways. I know dang well when I've pressed the C button. I don't need a notification for every chair I've placed so why we need this is beyond my comprehension.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I have no idea why they have this notification, it is so annoying. I take screenshots using reshade instead. You do not even have to use a filter, you can just run reshade, go into camera mode (tab) and then take screenshots. Only works if you have a PC though.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In TS2 I get a camera clicking/shutter moving sound and a quick light flash. Quite adequate notice and gives the feeling of actually taking a photo. The shot then goes into the album of the currently active household, not a general basket.