Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pls remove notifications for screenshots or change it to a sound

I'm not taking about the notification that takes you to the screenshot manager (that can be turned off), but the basic screenshot notification that fills up your notification wall every single time you take a screenshot.

Honestly after taking 100 screenshots in 5 minutes I don't need to be told that I've taken a screenshot...

Comments

• Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Or have it fill up your 200 notifications quickly. Thank the developers for the trash button...
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    You can disable it in the Game Options. Just uncheck it.

eAni2tH.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

eAni2tH.png

That's not what he's talking about.
    It's the notification in the upper corner.
    11-26-16_10-06-22nbspPM.png

It's information only a new player would need to know.
    Once you know about the screenshot manager you no longer need the notice.
    It just waste space in the notifications UI. We should be able to turn it off.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member

eAni2tH.png

Having that disabled doesn't stop the green notification, at least not for me.

Hear hear, OP! This is so annoying!
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    My notification wall keeps telling me that it is full, but I routinely clear any and all notifications from the ingame wall. So. it is telling me it is full, when in fact it is empty. I am really tired of getting that notification. I'm not taking pictures at all. The few game notices are cleared quickly, so it never ever is full. I tried repairing the game thinking maybe that would do it, but no....

How can I make it quit telling me it is full when in fact there is nothing on it at all?

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    My notification wall keeps telling me that it is full, but I routinely clear any and all notifications from the ingame wall. So. it is telling me it is full, when in fact it is empty. I am really tired of getting that notification. I'm not taking pictures at all. The few game notices are cleared quickly, so it never ever is full. I tried repairing the game thinking maybe that would do it, but no....

How can I make it quit telling me it is full when in fact there is nothing on it at all?

Mylita

Maybe it's a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 question: but are you using the trashcan icon to delete all notifications? If you are and you are still getting these notifications, I'm of no help, but if that's not the case, hopefully I helped?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I was not, was just x'ing them out one by one. Today I used the trashcan and that did away with the notification. Thanks for the tip!!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    jinzou214jinzou214 Posts: 74 Member
    I agree, this notification is unnecessary and crowds out useful notifications. I use the notifications to tell me any special notes from the Sims, events, festivals, that stuff. I don't need to know I've taken a screen shot. The sound notification is okay, but that corner fills up all the time.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes, this should really be changed or at least given an option in the settings. The sound is enough I think, especially when there is also this screenshot naming menu opening.
    Or maybe the notification could be placed in the top left corner instead, not counting as a normal notification and therefore not filling the list?

@CK213
    I know it's off-topic, but what CC is your Sim wearing on that screenshot? :)
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Thank you for all agreeing, hopefully Maxis is listening to remove or disable this unnecessary notification.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member

I hope we can get an option to turn this off. Its very annoying.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There's a Gameplay Setting that's supposed to turn them off, I thought, but it seems to not be doing that :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i disagree its a good way to know what or sims have done in game in case you do not remember the last action or need to be reminded of something in game so there is nothing wrong with the notification system for some players its a useful feature.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    @SimGuruDrake, @SimGuruGraham, This is for IN GamePlay ONLY! Can they somehow put an option in the UI to turn off the notification wall when taking screenshots? I take a lot of screenshots for my video's and I'm always having to hit the trashcan delete every few seconds!
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yes!! This notification is super annoying. Especially, when I'm taking a lot of screenshots for my legacy story. It really needs to have a functioning on/off option.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    @friendlysimmers No one here is against the notification wall, but they are against the fact that every time you take a screenshot a notification pops up. :D (which is quite annoying)

They should rather indicate taking a screenshot by a sound like how it was in TS1! (Camera shooting sound when you took screenshot)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I felt it was unnecessary to start a new thread seeing as this one already exists but I just want to add my support for removal of the screenshot notification as it wastes a huge amount of time if you like taking a few screenshots in quick succession and you don't want the notifications cluttering up the wall. Why not add a "Don't show me this again" option?
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I agree between my Swanson, legacv, my Royal one, and the Disney-simself save it's annoying
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    And after 4 years this hasn't been changed...thx Sims team, guess we need to go make a youtube rant about it to "influence" them.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    And after 4 years this hasn't been changed...thx Sims team, guess we need to go make a youtube rant about it to "influence" them.

So how are deaf people suppose to know if a photo is taken? a sound wouldn't work for them
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

So how are deaf people suppose to know if a photo is taken? a sound wouldn't work for them

Camera flash like the older games?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

Not sure if serious here, but I take like 10 screen shots within 10 seconds sometimes and require no audio or visual que to know what I just did - because I did it...regardless the idea would be to give players the option to disable would be great too.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Those notifications are hugely annoying, a total waste of notice board space, and - as has been noted - can be easily replaced with flashes and/or camera sounds like in the earlier games.
  • Options
    cludiecludie Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="MadameLee;c-16829245"][quote="TOLKIEN;c-16829199"]And after 4 years this hasn't been changed...thx Sims team, guess we need to go make a youtube rant about it to "influence" them.[/quote]

So how are deaf people suppose to know if a photo is taken? a sound wouldn't work for them[/quote]

people keep saying it's annoying so we want an "option" for on/off the notifications(itself/don't filled up the board).
    by the way I can't believe this still don't get any anwser after all those updates