March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blurry Screenshots?

I was trying to begin my legacy challenge for my ts2 blog and I realized that more than half of the pictures are blurry. I have a really good laptop with good graphics, I mean I play TS3 with a LOT of store content and almost every expansion and stuff pack with almost no lag. I hardly ever experience lag. Does anyone know the solution to fix blurry screenshots?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,583 Member
    Hi :)

Did you set the game up to recognize the newer graphics card you have?
    Graphics Rules Maker helps a lot of people- http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

Check the setting in game -Options/Graphics- set them to high; then in the Camera options- Set to large and High
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    @Rflong7 Thnaks!! My graphics are high in the game but actually I don't think my camera options are. Wow I think you found the problem!
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    I found out recently that The Sims 2 game camera is low-res anyway, and that in order to get 2016-esque pictures you have to use special programs like Fraps to take pictures in-game instead. You might already know that though (I'm hopelessly late on video game tech. Lol.) :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2017
    Anyone who is interested in the thread, if you want better pictures you have to set the size of the pictures to high under the camera controls along with your settings in graphics high. ETA: Set to Large it increases the resolution of the picture so you can see details better, on low or med isn't good enough with people playing who now look at things on wide screens etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.