Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it still possible to influence baby's gender? (please help!)

So my Sim just gave birth... to a boy. And I'm annoyed, I really wanted a girl. I had my Sim listen to pop music and eat apples (are those... the girl things? I'm pretty sure?) but it didn't seem to work. Maybe I didn't do it enough. But now I'm wondering if it is still possible to influence a baby's gender? If so, can someone confirm exactly what the food/musics are for each? Is there a certain time during pregnancy (1st trimester, 2nd, etc.) it works best?

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Serabee wrote: »
    So my Sim just gave birth... to a boy. And I'm annoyed, I really wanted a girl. I had my Sim listen to pop music and eat apples (are those... the girl things? I'm pretty sure?) but it didn't seem to work. Maybe I didn't do it enough. But now I'm wondering if it is still possible to influence a baby's gender? If so, can someone confirm exactly what the food/musics are for each? Is there a certain time during pregnancy (1st trimester, 2nd, etc.) it works best?

try to eat strawberries and listen to pop radio you got one of the two things right
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
    STRAWBERRIES. That's right! Thanks :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hello
    To have a baby girl, it helps to eat strawberries and listen to pop music.
    To have a baby boy, it helps to eat carrots and listen to alternative music.

Try to have your sims avoid eating or listening to music that helps to influence having the other gender, depending on if you want to have a boy or a girl .
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited November 2016
    Apples were sims 3, and how you got a boy. Sims 4 for girl is strawberries and pop, a boy is carrots and alternative I believe. Less sure of a boy for sims 4, as I usually want girls.

However, if you have mccc, it's likely gonna nullify the strawberries/pop thing. I'm not sure if it's one of my settings, or if it's just a mccc thing, but with that mod in, I cant influence genders with fruit or music. I just go in with mccc and change it to what I want. If I'm feeling too cheaty about it, I'll make my sim "go thru the motions" of eating strawberries and listening to pop, just so it's kinda legit.
    p8L4V6v.png