Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Future Patch Notes -- (Feel Free To Add Your Own Here) :)

SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
1. PLEASE turn down the attraction of the Basketball Hoop as it causes Sims to stop cooking meals even when they are quite hungry. They will also stop making drinks, pop out of Romantic actions and leave family games to go play Hoops. The cooking scenario is the worst as now we are required to closely monitor our sim's cooking and repeatedly cancel out the "Go Play Basketball" action from their queue. I usually have to cancel out the BB Hoop action 4-5 times before my sim will just stand and cook the meal.

2. Now w/the advent of small & medium apartments -- there is not room for multiple places to woohoo. Hot tubs, saunas, telescopes and even large closets are out of the question. We now NEED Shower Woohoo and Elevator Woohoo would be nice too! We don't want our sims suffering ennui from only having Bed Woohoo, now do we?

3. Sims Routing is so tedious as they will walk 3 flights to "Hug or Talk" to another Sim if the intended Sim is already walking away from them. Same goes for cleaning up meal plates and drinks. I always have 2 dishwashers in the kitchen in my game and even when only ONE is being used in the kitchen, my Sims will go upstairs to use the 2nd floor dishwasher.

4. Apartment Keys: Sims who have an apartment key need to come into the apartment autonomously. Not stand out in the foyer and ask if someone wants to workout or talk or whatever. That's why they have a key... so they don't have to bug someone to let them in.

5. "Come In" & "Please Go Home"
-- We need these socials to be added to the Friendly list for apartment living. These are just normal ways of communicating between neighbors and should have been included w/this EP.

I will be adding more to this list as I play w/City Living.

Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Good ideas! I'd also like to see fixed a problem I'm having where sometimes I travel to my apartment with someone, and they don't show up in the lobby or the apartment building, but several hours later I get notified that they're leaving. I also had a problem where I travelled to a festival with a Sim and he kept running away from the festival so my Sims couldn't actually go together. D:
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    Add more apartments to San Myshuno. On the map, you can see several floors on the buildings, but then there is only one floor with 2-4 apartments in them. The buildings with a penthouse need to have regular apartments in the floors below the penthouse floor. It is a city, it is supposed to be packed with people living there.

Add more lots to the other maps where there is free space along the road. Like in Newcrest. See all that empty space along the road. There should be lots all along it. Or we should have the ability to place our own lots, like in the old games. Where there is room, a lot of different size can be placed.
    8. latest?cb=20151205012449
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited November 2016
    Regarding Lot Traits:

I would like to see more visual effects from the Natural Light and others like Homey. When I first read "Homey" it made me think that our sims would experience a sense of comfort from their home feeling comfortable and welcoming to their friends and family. That's what "Homey" means to me... so I would like to see additional development of the existing lot traits in a future patch.

1. Convivial: Needs to include a feeling of enhanced Friendliness and the possibility of ALL sims on the lot wanting to joke/josh around w/each other. Sims should feel amused when they visit a lot w/this trait... and laugh easily.

2. Bracing Breezes: Should also affect a Sim's energy level -- and make them feel refreshed even when they are not exercising. They should also experience energy boosts if they are tired or sleepy.

3. Natural Light: Should affect a Sim's mood by making them feel more cheerful and alert. They could also experience a boost to viewing the art in their home -- making it even more beautiful.

4. Private Dwelling: Is perfect for Loners and Sims who like to be reclusive. Loner sims should feel a sense of comfort and be happier w/this trait on their lot.

5. Great Acoustics: Should also make stereo music sound better to our Sims so they enjoy "Listening Deeply To Music" more and receive a lift to their energy levels. And listening to stereo music in general should produce a feeling of happiness w/this lot trait.

6. Great View: Needs to be UNLOCKED so that our Sims can feel like they have a great view no matter where they are living in the City. Some people love looking at high rise buildings while others love looking at green hills and wide open spaces. As players, we need to be able to use this lot trait to enhance our Sims lives.

7. Quiet Lot Trait: Needs to be UNLOCKED so that our Sims can have a quiet apartment if that's what they want in the city. Forcing noisy, annoying neighbors on our Sims is not sandbox play. Give us back some control regarding lot traits for apartments!

As far as the negative traits go... I have no use for them. As RL is too stressful and chaotic so the Sims game needs to be one of escape and comfort for me. I'm sure there are plenty of younger players who will add their opinion about the negative traits and what they would like to see as far as development goes in future patches.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T