Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Are My Sims Acting Shocked

I own a restaurant, and for some reason, every once in a while, everyone will stop eating, stand up and act like they are shocked and gasping at my waitress. I cannot figure out what she is doing to cause this either. After this happens, if I talk to her it shows that she is embarrassed, but I can't figure it out. They have also done this one other time to another customer.

Comments

• Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    She is member of a popular/feared club?
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Jaeldawn happens to Kleptomaniacs like that as well meaning they were seen stealing

etided to fix tag
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Did she forget to put on pants?
  • Options
    JaeldawnJaeldawn Posts: 93 Member
    Dyrewitch wrote: »
    @Jaeldawn happens to Kleptomaniacs like that as well meaning they were seen stealing

etided to fix tag

This must be it. She doesn't have pants on because she has a dress on, and I don't have the Get Together expansion, so she must be stealing, and I am just not catching what she is taking.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    If there's is mess, she dropped a meal.. If not then most likely a klepto
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    They did that to my Sim when she kissed her bf in public too. That or they got annoyed at them and made the "this is inappropriate" action lol
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    If this continues to occur, move your mods folder to the desktop and then test to see if the issue remains. Some simmers have found that cc has caused this issue in their games.
  • Options
    SynneSolSynneSol Posts: 85 Member
    That happens to me too. In my game the cause of the problem is cc skinny jeans. I don't know why, but other sims always act surprised when my sims are wearing them.
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    @SynneSol As hilarious as that is, maybe they're registering as the Nude/Streaking outfit somehow.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    They obviously saw a ghost.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Maybe your waitress farted or something :D
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Quaay wrote: »
    Did she forget to put on pants?

I hate it when that happens....
  • Options
    NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    I don't think it's mod related - I've seen this happen in The Sim Supply's let's play, and I believe he had all of his mods turned off at that point; he definitely doesn't have CC clothes that could cause this. :neutral:
    I think it might be a bug.
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    Find out her traits. Dine out is intentionally spawning klepto npcs i think. Happens to my game too, when they try to swipe but fail they get the embarrassed moodlet and those who saw them will gasp.

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    this happens with or without mods city livening patch started it not fun trying for a baby when it keeps cancelling out because there shocked lol
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I don't think it's because of the klepto trait...
    I had my sim come up to the table to check on them, they got up acting shocked, and they had the picture of my sim in their speech bubbles above their head. So surely it was her that they were shocked about.
    And she doesn't have the klepto trait :confused:

It must be because of the patch...

edit for grammar mistake!
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    FroggyKarenFroggyKaren Posts: 398 Member
    Do you know what the descriptor for the embarrassed moodlet says/said?
  • Options
    MoonsKisuMoonsKisu Posts: 97 Member
    This happens to me quite often. Sims are shocked by certain sims & I can never figure out why. In their que it says "see what's happening" or something like that. No cc in my game. I hadn't considered that it could be the klepto trait.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I had my sim come up to the table to check on them, they got up acting shocked, and they had the picture of my sim in their speech bubbles above their head. So surely it was her that they were shocked about.

Do you have Get Together?
    Could it be a club perk they are reacting to?
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    @SynneSol As hilarious as that is, maybe they're registering as the Nude/Streaking outfit somehow.

This happened to me with certain CC clothing - Sims would keep on standing up to 'See What's Happening', turns out some CC items register the Sim as being nude for some reason.
  • Options
    Uzone27 wrote: »

Do you have Get Together?
    Could it be a club perk they are reacting to?

I do have Get Together, but she's not in a club either... :confused:
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    They obviously saw a ghost.

Had to bring politics into this forum?
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options
    ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    Your waitress may be an alien in disguise? I had that with one of mine but they had the alien thought bubble too i think? It was a while ago now but it makes customers act scared/shocked around her.
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    Jaeldawn wrote: »
    I own a restaurant, and for some reason, every once in a while, everyone will stop eating, stand up and act like they are shocked and gasping at my waitress. I cannot figure out what she is doing to cause this either. After this happens, if I talk to her it shows that she is embarrassed, but I can't figure it out. They have also done this one other time to another customer.

They feeling shocked by how terrible sims 4 is and want you to take them back to the sims 3. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    RuffinshotRuffinshot Posts: 24 Member
    Had this happening only since the 01Dec16 patch.

Two sims in an apartment, no neighbors. Traits are romantic/music/creative and romantic/glutton/self-assured.

Both are members of the same 'club' (the only members, all the perks and 59k points to spend). It doesn't matter if the club is active and happened after I made the club 'obscure'.

I do have some CC clothes, but outfits vary and the behavior doesn't.

Neither are aliens.

They're waking up two to five times a night and interrupting meals repeatedly to "See what's happening" at each other. And it's each other they're showing in their thought balloons when they do this. It happens occasionally when they're doing other things, often when they're eating, and constantly when they're sleeping.

This only started with the new patch.