Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird Time Glitch

Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but since CL came out if I have my game of fast forward (or whatever the 2 arrows are) I find that the tine will never be accurate, Sometimes it is off by a few minutes, other times it is off by hours. For Example the clock says 7am when it is fast forwarding, but when I hit normal speed it moves back down to 3:30am. Has anyone else experienced this?
Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif

Comments

• Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Yes I've had this as well, and it's usually out by a few hours.
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    It isn't game breaking, but it can be annoying because sometimes my sleep bar will look like it is full when it is really only 2/3rd of the way done
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Hello
    When using fast forward speed, try pressing pause then waiting a few seconds before going back to normal speed and see if that may help with the time resetting issue.
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    I will have to give that a try and see if that works

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    TavrosTavros Posts: 8 New Member
    I've had this problem before but I've been having it since before CL. Haven't found a fix yet.
  • Options
    Tavros wrote: »
    I've had this problem before but I've been having it since before CL. Haven't found a fix yet.

I am sorry that you also are having this issue.
  • Options
    SheepyCakesSheepyCakes Posts: 27 Member
    I had this issue a while ago (maybe a year or more) but I'll tell you what worked for me. This is going to seem silly, like, "how could this possibly affect that?" which is what I thought, but give it a try.

Go look at the inventories of all the Sims you have ever played in your game. Yes, ALL of them. If they have inventories with stacks of 99 items or more (like produce, plants, upgrade parts, etc), you need to clear them out! Even if the stacks aren't that big, clear them out anyway. Put the produce in the fridge, sell the flowers, do whatever you have to, just empty those Sim inventories. It seems really whacky but that cleared the time-warp issue immediately for me! It was a pretty common problem for a long time and I thought it had been fixed by now, but I've been obsessively emptying my inventories ever since.
  • Options
    I had this issue a while ago (maybe a year or more) but I'll tell you what worked for me. This is going to seem silly, like, "how could this possibly affect that?" which is what I thought, but give it a try.

Go look at the inventories of all the Sims you have ever played in your game. Yes, ALL of them. If they have inventories with stacks of 99 items or more (like produce, plants, upgrade parts, etc), you need to clear them out! Even if the stacks aren't that big, clear them out anyway. Put the produce in the fridge, sell the flowers, do whatever you have to, just empty those Sim inventories. It seems really whacky but that cleared the time-warp issue immediately for me! It was a pretty common problem for a long time and I thought it had been fixed by now, but I've been obsessively emptying my inventories ever since.

Hello
    It is kind and thoughtful of you to post what has helped the issue in your game :)
  • Options
    TazziannaTazzianna Posts: 141 Member
    yes I have this exact same problem only since installing City Living. I do not have any CC - and I own all eps/stuffs.
  • Options
    Tazzianna wrote: »
    yes I have this exact same problem only since installing City Living. I do not have any CC - and I own all eps/stuffs.

Hello
    I am sorry that you also have this issue.
    Try doing what I suggested in the above post and see if that help the issue
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15332391/#Comment_15332391
  • Options
    No it isn't a technical issue this is a game bug. It does it on all lots, all families in multiple save games. I have no CC and own all eps/stuffs. It only began with the installation of City Living. It is consistent and not sporadic. This isn't something I can troubleshoot as it is a game bug.
  • Options
    Tazzianna wrote: »
    No it isn't a technical issue this is a game bug. It does it on all lots, all families in multiple save games. I have no CC and own all eps/stuffs. It only began with the installation of City Living. It is consistent and not sporadic. This isn't something I can troubleshoot as it is a game bug.

Hello
    Perhaps you may like to start a thread on the AHQ EA site and post about the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    you know I'm pretty sure I've taken several avenues thanks but I don't need your advice I really didn't come here looking for any.
  • Options
    Blackvamp30Blackvamp30 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi everyone, i've read a lot of posts and many simmers seem to have the same issue. My Sims game worked absolutely fine until i installed City Living. I absolutely LOVE it but the time glitch is extremely irritating. I keep fast forwarding and when i go back to the normal speed it takes me back to the initial time. When my Sims are cooking and i fast forward it freezes their actions. Only Sims in City Living are affected, my original game works fine. City Living has other issues but this one is the most pressing. Please tell me that this problem will soon be fixed. Many thanks in advance for your advice. BV
  • Options
    Hi everyone, i've read a lot of posts and many simmers seem to have the same issue. My Sims game worked absolutely fine until i installed City Living. I absolutely LOVE it but the time glitch is extremely irritating. I keep fast forwarding and when i go back to the normal speed it takes me back to the initial time. When my Sims are cooking and i fast forward it freezes their actions. Only Sims in City Living are affected, my original game works fine. City Living has other issues but this one is the most pressing. Please tell me that this problem will soon be fixed. Many thanks in advance for your advice. BV

Hello
    When you posted that only sims in City Living are affected, is it only occurring with sims that live in San Myshuno?

With the issue with fast forwarding causing the freezing when cooking, there are a few things to do to see if it helps.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    Blackvamp30Blackvamp30 Posts: 2 New Member

Hello
    When you posted that only sims in City Living are affected, is it only occurring with sims that live in San Myshuno?

With the issue with fast forwarding causing the freezing when cooking, there are a few things to do to see if it helps.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
    [/quote]

Thank you Rosemow, yes it is only with my Sims in San Myshuno.
    I have tried repairing, uninstalling and re-installing but to no avail.
    As for the freezing when cooking, i have tried the steps that you have advised me but it still persists =(
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Hello

Thank you Rosemow, yes it is only with my Sims in San Myshuno.
    I have tried repairing, uninstalling and re-installing but to no avail.
    As for the freezing when cooking, i have tried the steps that you have advised me but it still persists
    =([/quote]

I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try testing in a fresh new save game and see if the issues persist in the new save game also.