Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 SETTINGS ERROR

I was just plating City Living for the firsr time, but I wanted to make the audio louder, so I clicked on settings and my game just stopped, I couldn't do anything anymore. I closed the sims 4 and I opened it again and I tried to change the settings anothet time and it happened again. Have you guys had that bug too? Can I solve it? Thank you

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Does your game start to freeze when going to game options? If it does, try moving to the desktop the options or options.ini file that is in your sims 4 folder and see if that helps the issue.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Does your game start to freeze when going to game options? If it does, try moving to the desktop the options or options.ini file that is in your sims 4 folder and see if that helps the issue.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Will this remove the save where I play in with my sims?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    simgame wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello

Will this remove the save where I play in with my sims?

No, it won't. You'll be putting the save in before you restart.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    @luthienrising @rosemow I actually have a bit of bugs with city living; The lot treats dissapaer after I select them, I can't select the way my sims work so they can't work from home. And the settingsthing but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with CL. Will repairing my game help removing the bugs? Or are those bugs just in the game?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    You shouldn't have the bugs that you are experiencing .
    Try first moving the mods folder to the desktop and see if that helps your issues.
    Then if the issues remain, try doing the things that I suggested in the earlier post and see if that helps your issues.