Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selling art at flea markets?

Can sims sell their artwork at the flea market or? Thanks! Happy Simming!

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Yes but bring your own art wall to sell it because the one they have you lose all your paintings and you don't sell it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Yes but bring your own art wall to sell it because the one they have you lose all your paintings and you don't sell it.

I'm confused, sorry. So there is a chance that I could lose the item / and or it won't sell? Thanks.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    SimChickee wrote: »

I'm confused, sorry. So there is a chance that I could lose the item / and or it won't sell? Thanks.

I know they have a wall thing for you to put your art on it. I think you might lose it after the flea market disappears when the flea market ends. So open the inventory of the wall art before the event ends and take back your paintings if you don't want to lose it.

You can buy your own portable wall display too so you won't lose it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

I know they have a wall thing for you to put your art on it. I think you might lose it after the flea market disappears when the flea market ends. So open the inventory of the wall art before the event ends and take back your paintings if you don't want to lose it.

I see thanks! Where do I find the portable wall display? Ty both!!
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    The portable wall is found in Activities and Skills section

Thanks !
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Oh sorry I meant that my experience with selling art on the art wall they provide at the Flea Market you don't sell it and it doesn't go back in the inventory of the item after the festival so you lose your painting so its better to bring your own art wall to sell your own paintings.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Oh sorry I meant that my experience with selling art on the art wall they provide at the Flea Market you don't sell it and it doesn't go back in the inventory of the item after the festival so you lose your painting so its better to bring your own art wall to sell your own paintings.

Thanks again! :D
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    You can use the wall to sell your sims paintings anywhere in any world at any time too. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    You can use the wall to sell your sims paintings anywhere in any world at any time too. :)

Awesome thanks!!!
  • Options
    lilycorderolilycordero Posts: 1 New Member
    it didnt take mine when i did it. went to my inventory
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    it didnt take mine when i did it. went to my inventory

Hello @lilycordero
    Welcome to the forums :) Thankyou for posting your feedback on what happebed in your game.
    Just a little information. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 299 Member
    edited March 2017
    DeKay wrote: »

It's slightly misleading, you get an annoucement when flea markedet is about to close, so you can easily remove your paintings from the stock wall at that time and not lose them. But is correct if you continue to sell until very point it closes you will lose the stock inventory, but that is pretty much same as with tables if i recall correctly. (Just kinda wonder why they didn't make it like with other things, where it go to buildmode inventory stash if you didn't pick up before flea market closed)

That said having your own portable wall does circumvent problem entirely but they're also quite costly, if the point is making money early in a new game start up.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Flea Market/Yard Sale/Retail Questions:

- Will you have more control of your artwork inventory if you sold it at a yard sale on your home lot?
    - Do you get more money for it by selling it this way, than selling it to a collector or art gallery?
    - If you have GTW, what about selling art at a retail store?
    - What is most profitable?
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »

- Will you have more control of your artwork inventory if you sold it at a yard sale on your home lot?
    - Do you get more money for it by selling it this way, than selling it to a collector or art gallery?

1. You have control over your artwork any place you sell it on the portable wall, you just need to make sure your Sim is the one tending it..
    2. Yes you can get more money if you raise the percentage up for the wall, I sell like quality and raise it slightly for normal and more significant for excellent, then max 300 % for Masterpieces.. but... if you want more money in the long run, copy your masterpieces which will sell at excellent quality, but as long as you have the masterpiece, you will never be without art to sell.. :)
    3. Yes, you can sell art on the walls at the GTW retail store, you can just price it like everything, not sure if you would want to run the portable wall, but could if you want to run an event sell with it..
    4. Sell copies of your masterpieces at 200% and you can make a nice income.. :)

My suggestion is to buy the art that others have left behind if you can't put it in your inventory, it will help have extra art to sell..

Also .... before you start selling... only put 1 piece of art in the walls inventory then start your Sim to tend it.. After then increase the inventory for the portable wall and put the rest up on the wall.. pull the art off the wall and inventory before the actual Flea Market is over if you are using the wall that is placed there..

The reason for the putting 1 piece of art first is in case someone jumps in on your wall and starts tending it before you get your Sim in position.. This has happened to my Sim both in the portable table and the wall.. It helps you not lose your sales and control of your art..
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Thankyou for your very helpful information and tips! @azsimmer1 :)
    The last tip of just placing one item of art on the wall to begin with will be very helpful for simmers to do.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Thank you @zsimmer1 .
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 299 Member
    edited March 2017
    mebagl15 wrote: »

I kinda depends on how good you are at selling, selling to art gallery which btw is only a options as painter less it's a masterpiece you're selling. Typically give 20% extra, while both running a sale at retail plot typically can bring up i think 75% i think profit of initial price if i remember right, while with portable art wall or whatever it's called can up up to i think 200% of initial price.

However the higher price exceed the artwork initial appraised value the longer it often take to sell, so for instance some cases at a retail plot you may end selling two art pieces for a 50% profit of it's while, in same time span you might sell a painting on Flea market or just using portable wall at 100%. So it depend a lot on how good you're sim is at selling which in end becomes more profitable(But ofcause with a retail plot you do pay a little rent too, that you wouldn't at flea market or using portable wall).

Another thing with for instance flea market is customers may not specifically come over at target your product, they could also be sitting eating or going to tables stocks instead. While selling on a retail plot for instance customers will specifically come to look at your products, so there a lot of circumstances and salesman elements that play into time spend selling vs returns received for the troubles.