Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have a Great Date Strategies?

First question:

What's your strategy for couples to have a great date? I usually have them do something fun, something romantic, something social, and eat a meal. That usually works if the date is long enough, but not always. Any suggestions? Anyone care to share activities, stories, or approaches which lead to successful dates (i.e. satisfy the "have a great date" wish)? Preferably in a relatively short time for reasons below.

Second question:

What do you do if multiple couples have wishes to go on a date? I have 13 sims in university at the moment. There are 3 steady couples in that group and all 6 sims want to go on a date with their steady. They've just finished Friday midterms leaving the entire weekend free. I could do 3 separate dates consecutively, or just do one official date, simulate the other two (since there's no way to do multiple groups in a household) and award moodlets and points with MC for the simulated dates. (By "simulated" I mean the other couples would simultaneously go through the same actions as the couple on the actual date, but not as an officially grouped date.) Has anyone else faced a similar situation, and if so, what did you do?

Comments

• Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I can't answer the second question, but the first I can.

Woohoo. Seriously. It raises fun up to max, as well as a boost to social I believe? Do it in the shower, and hygene is maxed too. It works like a charm in my game atleast :tongue:
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    The only requirement for a great date is for it to last long enough. They can go to the library together and read books all day, and still have a great date.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited November 2016
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    The only requirement for a great date is for it to last long enough. They can go to the library together and read books all day, and still have a great date.

Really? Is that all? I assumed there must be more to it. edit: oh, and thanks for the feedback. I'll probably just do one date and simulate the others and make sure they spend a decent amount of time together.
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    I can't answer the second question, but the first I can.

Woohoo. Seriously. It raises fun up to max, as well as a boost to social I believe? Do it in the shower, and hygene is maxed too. It works like a charm in my game atleast :tongue:

I also try to work in woohoo if there's a woohoo spot on the lot. I usually make sure there is at least one, and at university I usually send them to the bowl-o-rama which has a photobooth upstairs. edit: Thanks for the suggestion. One of the couples are teens so they'll have to settle for making out, probably in the hot tub at the dorm.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I find sims very easy to satisfy. They go to a party together, watch a movie or go to the restaurant, they come back home, flirt and kiss, they might woohoo in the end if they have enough time but really, even just a kiss is enough to make them feel like they had a great date.
  • Options
    Candyd wrote: »
    I find sims very easy to satisfy. They go to a party together, watch a movie or go to the restaurant, they come back home, flirt and kiss, they might woohoo in the end if they have enough time but really, even just a kiss is enough to make them feel like they had a great date.

Thanks for the feedback. I've had couples get romantic with a kiss and watching the stars but not get that wish fulfilled. Maybe the date was too short.
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Once I had my sim go on a date with her "lover". The first thing she autonomously did was confessing her unfaithfulness. That date didn't last long.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I could be wrong, but from what I've seen, the easiest solution to a great date is the lifetime reward Excellent Groupie, because a date is a "romantic group" in game terms. I experimented with that one day after one of those times when the date shows up then leaves a minute later saying what an awful date it was randomly.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I find it very hard to have a bad date they do seemed quite easily pleased. I'd agree with @IreneSwift they only tend to be bad dates if it's too short. For it to be a really terrible date then a fight needs to break out.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I always take them out for a meal and then to the movies. Then after that they can do lots of social interactions. Maybe do some karaoke or something fun as well. Half the time one of them runs off to work anyway and ruins my attempt :neutral:
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. :) Two of the sims have enough points for Excellent Groupie, so maybe I'll invest in that.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I took my sims to the graveyard, where they harvested life fruit, death flowers, and then watched the stars together. Didn't count for the wish. :( Then they explored the masoleum. Still didn't count.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I think the date has to last 3 or 4 sim hours to fulfill the wish. I don't know exactly how long, but I do know a two sim hour date won't do it, no matter how romantic they get with each other.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    You people are weird. The only requirements for a great date in Uni World are personal hygiene and a few games of bowling. ;)

But seriously, I always hated the fact that sims can't double or triple date. It often seems like such a natural thing to want to do when playing households with several teens or older in them, especially if they and the ones they are dating all like each other. Sometimes I don't even bother and stay with large friendly groups having a great time out and about together. There's always plenty of time for romance later on. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited November 2016
    If it is a sim townie I do not live with this may sound goofy but always buy some cute stuffed bear or something to give them at some point in the date.During Spring festival especially will slow dance with them and do the love tester.Always do the bistro "eat in" just for the possible perks and it raises fun and social."So many dates have gotten the 7 day divine meal moodlet".Always try to do something that gives myself and partner a positive moodlet to elevate the great date status.Routine but every date we go to the theatre rabbit hole or any that lets you tour first then will makeout backstage then woohoo the fun boost is key to getting a great date and woohoo is huge.If not caught the boost is great if caught that is on you :lol: .Always give flowers one time during the date.

Mood,fun,hunger taken care of are the 3 most important things.Plus anything that gives them a flattered moodlet
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif