Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has Relationship Decay Been Fixed

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Can't they simply have NO relationship culling for: Family members, Spouses + girl/boyfriends and Good friends. I don't mind if other relationships get culled. I had three sims live together for a time, and their friendship bar was full. Then when one moved out, after a while, that one sim no longer knew his old flatmates, that's just ridiculous.
    Or have an option to turn off Culling and Relationship culling. It's not that difficult, then it's the responsibility of the player whether any lagging results from this.
    I know I have Relationship culling, and Culling mods to stop this, and my game works just fine - at least give us the option to turn them off.

That's pretty much what we have now that they have tweaked it. Unless you have a huge family and lots of friends, so you have more than 35 relationships. But there's a lot of telemetry in there, and devs are definitely paying attention to it (see SimGuruGrant's quote above), so if you have some case of deletion that you don't like, post about it, and tell them why it's bothering you. They have tweaked it, they are monitoring it closely (telemetry and most likely on the forum too) so it's sure worth posting about it.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I don't think removing it is the best answer as there are a lot of relations my sims would have but not need or even care to keep. I think tweaking it so relationship culling only happens when 2 sims have anywhere from the mentioned (-20)-20 relationship and neither have spoken to each other for several days. Sorta like RL you meet people everyday but after a couple of days you forget them if they don't make some impact on your life. Impacts could be working in the same line of work, once were friends, enemies, or romantically involved. Probably a few others but overall I don't want or need my sim to remember the bartender they met 2 week ago and haven't spoken to since.

You said it yourself, sims that you "don't care about" So why do you care if it is in your relationship bar? It is easier to just remove culling and don't scrolll to the end of your relationships to not see it. Would you rather have extra relationships that you can EASILY ignore or get your best friend culled? Seriously, instead of all of this, over 1 year, culling issues to remove "unwanted" relationships just because it "bugs" you...JUST IGNORE THEM.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    @Cinebar it is too complicated for the team to dig into this and waste their time. They are busy making stuff packs for us. We should be grateful and thank them for adding everything including all forms of cullings.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    okay my sim just had to reintroduce himself to his step-mom. He has only been moved out for 2 days and she came over to see the new baby. That is so annoying since they had lived together since he was a teen. They never had a close relationship but he should at least know her!
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    This really shouldn't be an issue in a modern AAA game from 2014! It's not like we're running on 512k of RAM and harddisks of 20MB anymore.