Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Talking Toilet

I've read that we're getting a talking toilet in City Life. To be honest I am really interested in this. Has the Sims team explain much about it? I know it may seem kinda cheesy to some, but that's why I love it. :)

Comments

• Options
    IvySims15IvySims15 Posts: 31 Member
    Yea they showed it off in the last two live streams. Seems like a just for fun item, no practical use of function :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hello
    There was information about it in the livecast that was held on September 23rd . This is a video replay of the livecast. The information is at the 12:22 mark.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pSj0Xg8kjq8
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2016
    One of the things they said IIRC was you can build a relationship with it :) It's like a big teddy, but for grown-ups! And with practical uses.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited October 2016
    Building a relationship with a talking toilet! Man if a sim has to go that far as to build a relationship with an object that most sims would just sit on. Then they must be really desperate! Time to call the love doctor, Doctor Lovegood then! :D
    Post edited by sunman502 on
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    One of the things they said IIRC was you can build a relationship with it :) It's like a big teddy, but for grown-ups! And with practical uses.

LOL that's awesome you can build a relationship with it.
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    There was information about it in the livecast that was held on September 23rd . This is a video replay of the livecast. The information is at the 12:22 mark.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pSj0Xg8kjq8

Thank you will check it out.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I keep forgetting about all of the new features coming with City Living. Has anyone compiled a list of features?
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    This reminds me of the quirky nature back in Sims 1. Now I want my robot maid/cook back. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cant wait for this. It's what very expensive hotels now have and one of the penthouses has the big version of it. The karaoke bar has the smaller version I believe.

Were getting 2 one is smaller.
  • Options
    I wonder if that talking toilet leaves a sim in a playful mood after having interacted with it.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What if it tells you to stand up straight, get a job and call your mother!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    shadowicia wrote: »
    I've read that we're getting a talking toilet in City Life. To be honest I am really interested in this. Has the Sims team explain much about it? I know it may seem kinda cheesy to some, but that's why I love it. :)

I was looking at that thing and wishing that it was the AI for the entire house instead of the toilet.
    Basically a smart house that would let you program lighting, what TV programs to turn on at what times, track interesting news items, locate discount coupons for buy mode. It could do all those special effects with decor objects around the house.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    shadowicia wrote: »

I was looking at that thing and wishing that it was the AI for the entire house instead of the toilet.
    Basically a smart house that would let you program lighting, what TV programs to turn on at what times, track interesting news items, locate discount coupons for buy mode. It could do all those special effects with decor objects around the house.
    A smart house?! That would be an idea game play for an Into the Future type pack for Sims 4.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    The last TWO!!! live streams! I missed these. Aside from the one posted here, are they uploaded anywhere else?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    The last TWO!!! live streams! I missed these. Aside from the one posted here, are they uploaded anywhere else?

They're still on Twitch:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    talking about pink bar bug....

I only put a warning for rotational play
    No surprise if your sim develop romantic relationship with your talking toilet
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Click the talking toilet and pick "set as head" and both of them can go to Geekcon.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I've tried to erase this from my mind. Just the thought of them putting so much effort and time into such a plum thing irritates me.
    I plan to ignore it when I get the EP, pretend it's not there.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    For my aliens.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'm still not a fan of the talking toilets but hey I got other stuff going on in the Expansion Pack than that.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    After 2 years with every thread talking about requesting begging for talking toilets I'm so glad they finally listened. Now that they have finally given us toddlers talking toilets who can say the Guru's are not listening now this is a game saving feature that will drastically change how we play our Sims from generation to generation.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DMKittenDMKitten Posts: 43 Member
    Oddly enough I am excited my sims will get to talk to a toilet. Atleast it is something other than their lamp and it will talk back! My sims are not insane but still..talk to lamps. Hopefully Lamp doesn't get jealous. I wonder with the mischief trait if we will be able to prank others with this toilet or rig it..probably not but still a fun idea.
    Let's make a difference
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Yaaaay finally we got the talking toilet!!
    I am dancing from excitement. My game was never complete without my sim talking to his toilet while pooping.

Now my sim will have more successful and emotional poops. Phew finally!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yaaaay finally we got the talking toilet!!
    I am dancing from excitement. My game was never complete without my sim talking to his toilet while pooping.

Now my sim will have more successful and emotional poops. Phew finally!

Emotional poops? That could actually fit the theme with the emotions ;)

Now what would an angry poop be like with a talking toilet? Would there be an I twraction called 'argue with toilet' or even 'fight with toilet' perhaps?

:no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg