Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

will you be starting fresh

Comments

• Options
    Cait_lynCait_lyn Posts: 71 Member
    In one of my saves, Dina Caliente and Jade Rosa have twin children and I'm thinking that I'll have them move to San Myshuno. They're still kids and I don't really have plans besides move, though. I'll probably start a new save first. Just to play around with everything, maybe decide what the twins will do. I dunno.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited October 2016
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    Well this has got me thinking. I have never ever made a new save - I have been playing the same one since I startedv Sim 4. Is this bad? Does it affect performance? I don't like going back to the beginning, I'm very attached to all my different generations often descended from the pre-mades and it would feel odd taking them to a new save (I wouldn't want Don Lothario flirting with his great great great great great granddaughter for eg!)

That said, I have a lot of 'dead wood' as I call them - sims I got bored of playing who just kind of hang around waiting for me to be interested in them again. Plus I've kind of reached the point where I need the new EP to land as all the Sims I've got earmarked to move to the city are ready to go. Setting up a new save would give me something to do for the next few weeks.

In short, does playing continuously in one save for, well, years now make things problematic with game performance/stability? (No signs of issues yet).

If I were to add sims to the gallery and then place them in the new save, would they have relationships with each other - for example would grandparents still have a relationship with their grandchildren if I moved their 2 seperate households into the new save?

Thanks in advance for answers.

wow I think you need a medal. If you upload sims to the gallery or to your own library. and download them back into your game, they will not know their relations from other houses. they will only know the sims in their house that they are uploaded downloaded with.

@simgirl1010 you mentioned about population in a new save. each game has its own population. I can have two three or more games going in my sims, One with don lothario two with out, each games population is separate. some simmers have loads of different sim games going. one doesn't effect the other. your current sims wont have any impact on a new game.
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    Well this has got me thinking. I have never ever made a new save - I have been playing the same one since I startedv Sim 4. Is this bad? Does it affect performance? I don't like going back to the beginning, I'm very attached to all my different generations often descended from the pre-mades and it would feel odd taking them to a new save (I wouldn't want Don Lothario flirting with his great great great great great granddaughter for eg!)

That said, I have a lot of 'dead wood' as I call them - sims I got bored of playing who just kind of hang around waiting for me to be interested in them again. Plus I've kind of reached the point where I need the new EP to land as all the Sims I've got earmarked to move to the city are ready to go. Setting up a new save would give me something to do for the next few weeks.

In short, does playing continuously in one save for, well, years now make things problematic with game performance/stability? (No signs of issues yet).

If I were to add sims to the gallery and then place them in the new save, would they have relationships with each other - for example would grandparents still have a relationship with their grandchildren if I moved their 2 seperate households into the new save?

Thanks in advance for answers.

wow I think you need a medal. If you upload sims to the gallery or to your own library. and download them back into your game, they will not know their relations from other houses. they will only know the sims in their house that they are uploaded downloaded with.

Thank you for confirming - in which case, I'll be continuing with my 1 and only save then!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Thanks @feetinstockings. :) Guess I'll be starting a new game with CL.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    No fresh start for me, but I'll probably move some of my Sims that just turned young adults to the new city. I have a lot of them, so it's the perfect timing for City Living and apartments !
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I've just gone to pre pay for the CL but have decided to wait until xmas or spring in hopes the price will go down. I don't want to pay that sort of money yet. but I am now installing romantic garden. ;) which will give me time to get a few sims ready for the big move into the city.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    As @luthienrising said, one of the good things about TS4 is that you don't have to start again in order to enjoy a new world etc.
    So, I won't be. I play rotational and I have right now a set of teens from different households that I'll be moving to San Myshuno as soon as they become YA. I plan on moving them to the same building and split them into the different apartments in it.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Hmm..not completely sure just yet.

I'll probably play off the current save file. I was going to have my YA twins move away from their family and start a new life in San Myshuno. I want to start from ground up.

But I might start a fresh game with one of my Sims in my Library. My game crashed about a year ago, & I lost all my save files. Luckily, the Sims are in my bin, so I may start from where I left off before my game crashed. I have two households in my Library that I definitely want to play once CL is released.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm going to stick with my current family but make a new save most likely.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I start new saves all the time... I have so many, I can't even count. But I'll probably use my current family with the new EP. Second generation heir will move to an apartment in the city. Just working on aging her up to a teen first, and then a young adult
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Both! I'll be making a new save and move my 4th generation from my big save to the city. When Get Together came out, I started a new game but I also moved my 2nd generation to Windenburg, so I'm excited to continue a story and start a new one.
  • Options
    WorkFromHomeWorkFromHome Posts: 165 Member
    I've decided to start fresh again with no cheats and stuff
  • Options
    blossombombsblossombombs Posts: 92 Member
    I might move one of my sims into San Myshuno 'cause I think it'll fit her better. She's now a detective who had a tough childhood and faced homelessness for a time -- I might deage her and restart in San Myshuno... or I could make a new character enduring something similar. But I'll probably also make new sims for San Myshuno too. :wink:
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    New save
  • Options
    GamerB1GamerB1 Posts: 13 New Member
    Yes i have made a family with a very interesting short story background :smile:
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    What is starting fresh? Waking up early and playing?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member

Starting a new save or a new game.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I will be moving some sims from old save, and then creating new sims families to be neighbors to them. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 love your siggy pic. <3
    I started a new game last night with my Teen Betty Luu. She will be my main sim and I'll be moving her into the city, either this game or a new one I don't know. having her in my library makes it easier to download her later.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I will not be starting a new game. I plan to move my main sim family to the city and carry on playing my existing game from there, as I did with Windenburg when I got GT. I will also make some new sims/sim families especially for the city and I will play with them from time tot time, in between playing with my main family.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I plan to start a fresh game and also to continue one of my current games once I have a feel for the new expansion.
  • Options

Starting a new save or a new game.

Oh nooo I cannot do that. I have been playing the same save since the game launch. Been adding more sims to it.
    Once I was about to get a heart attack when my game culled half of my townies.

It is hard to start over plus I don't see a reason to do it for City Living. It is not that you can build apartments or anything. Everything is already fixed. Only you need to move existing or new sims to that city. If apartments were to be built from scratch I would understand of starting over. But not with what city living is offering.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Staring fresh is a more nice wording of resetting the game lol
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I start over a lot, because I don't want a household to age without me. But I think I'm confused about the aging in Sims 4. If I were to tell that specific household not to age, when I go to a new lot in the same save to play, will it remember that household not to age, or is it only for the active household? D: If it doesn't work like that, then I'll probably just make a new Sim with some of the new traits and the new aspiration. ^.^
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I also lost count on how many times I had to restart My games, and lost My creations as well, I will be keeping My sims that are already filled up in the other worlds where they are, I will be adding some of My own creations from the gallery into the new City Living, I just hope that expansion does not make me lose anything more, cause then I would have to toss it out the window, and quit the game , cause I am not going to keep re-adding and re-fixing anymore, to much of a pain for that.