Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

will you be starting fresh

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    when the city living comes, will you be starting your game over all brand new, or will you be moving you're already played sims into the city.
    and how many times have you started fresh and new. I have lost count how many times I have started over. ever time a new expansion or stuff pack comes out that I want. or I just get bored and start again. what about you??

Moving my already sims to SM.
  • KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    I'm taking my few favorites to the city and I'm also going to use a lot LESS CC. You'd be amazed at how much I have accumulated!!!!!!!!!!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    I always start a new save for any EP or GP, so I can test it first. Usually it's just random Sims and random explorative gameplay.

I do have a plan for City Living though. It combines exploring the new pack and a story idea I had before but haven't had a chance to play yet.
    My main character will be Billie Monteiro, who just graduated from Windenburg's Art College and is moving to the city. She dreams of becoming a famous photographer and she also loves to party. The plan is to tell the story through the photos she takes, so she'll only show up on selfies.
    This is Billie:
    tumblr_oe0vqbveQt1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    She currently has the party animal aspiration, but I may change it to city native, or juggle the two (and, for good measure, do friend of the world as well).

And I'm also doing some preparative work by making friends for her (they'll be in a club and probably spend a lot of time partying and singing karaoke).
    Cindy:
    tumblr_oe0vqbveQt1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    Lauren:
    tumblr_oe0vqbveQt1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    Judith:
    tumblr_oe0vqbveQt1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg

Obviously, they're all getting a make-over once I have the pack. And I'll also add some guys to the mix (and maybe some parents/siblings, but I may just leave that until later).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    I'm going to be starting over brand new.
    Brand new household for a brand new expansion :)
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2016
    If I decide to buy the EP I am too attached to the Sims I make and I stick with with 2 or 3 for a very long time so no fresh starts for me. They will just transfer over.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I plan to make a new save anyway, as I decided to do the challenge and in doing that I put most of my sims on hold of sorts and have been cheating their motives, so I will not be using this save anymore as I hate using the cheats except the freerealestate so I can populate my world, but I had to use the maxmotive one so I could wait for the sugarskulls without having to miss them to eat or bathroom. So yes, I will be making a new save. I am going to be switching the worlds that I have now over to a new save. I want to keep my sims and my houses and venues, I just am re-making the game in another save, is that re-doing the save? Not sure but that is what I plan to do, because to get the challenge things done I need to use that cheat.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I don't really like starting fresh, but guess it depends on how rotational play is like when CL goes on sale. If it's not working I might start fresh or use my current save (depending what's going on there at that point), if it's working then I could even go back to my main save.

I noticed that CL is on sale when you pre order it. I haven't done that yet.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've started over before with new content or when I get bored with my current Sims, but this time I'm continuing my current save. I have a pair of young adults, Laura and Lance O'Dourke (parents are Liam and his wife Lydia) who will move to the city. Laura is currently in the Tech Guru career, trying to finish her Computer Whiz aspiration while Lance is a bit of a slacker -- he doesn't have a job right now but just hangs out in the basement playing his instruments. I think I might go ahead and stick him in the Renaissance Sim aspiration so he can work a bunch of jobs then quit, and once he moves to San Myshuno he'll continue with his songwriting, selling various instruction manuals on the street, and street performing. Laura's going to go into Social Media while her girlfriend Erika Steiner moves in with her and becomes a writer.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'll probably start a new game with one of my premade sims. Maybe even more than one. It would be fun to have a sim be an artist and move her way up from an apartment. It would also be fun to have an upscale sim explore one of the new careers, too.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 you can create as many new saves as you want and as long as you don't delete your old ones they'll never interfere with one another. Just make sure you give them different names so they don't overwrite one another. :)

The culling, that's a good question though. Sadly, I know very little about it other than having seen a sim disappear once as he was culled. :/ He wasn't one of mine or one of my downloaded sims though.

So if I select 'start new game' I'll still be able to load my current save?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @simgirl1010 you can create as many new saves as you want and as long as you don't delete your old ones they'll never interfere with one another. Just make sure you give them different names so they don't overwrite one another. :)

The culling, that's a good question though. Sadly, I know very little about it other than having seen a sim disappear once as he was culled. :/ He wasn't one of mine or one of my downloaded sims though.

Yes. Use the little disk icon in the top right to pick which save to load.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited October 2016

Yes. Use the little disk icon in the top right to pick which save to load.

Thanks! Might be fun to see what the original premades are like since I deleted them all from my current game. :)

ETA : @luthienrising, if I do start a new game, will the sims in my old game count towards the sim limit?
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I just recently started a new save, but I transferred all my sims from my old save to a new one, I had almost every relationship bug out there and it was becoming a hassle to manually fix all the relationships as I rotated households. Starting a new save was easier.

My plan is to transfer a few sims to San Myshuno, specifically Ollie and Cassidy Purdue, Andre DaSilva, and Babs L'amour. (my main save is all pre-made sims)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Nope still using my one save and legacy family.
  • tekena36tekena36 Posts: 41 Member
    It is funny that I had came across this post, because I was telling my husband that I will keep two of the many families I had made and will be starting over.lol
    Origin: Tekena37 :D
  • WorkFromHomeWorkFromHome Posts: 165 Member
    Yeah!
  • SynneSolSynneSol Posts: 85 Member
    I have currently just started playing with a new single sim. My plan is to work on her skills until the new ep is released. You know, preparing her for a life in the city. I'll probably give her a makeover using the new CAS items when I've bought the ep.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'll explore the City but it'll be some time before I move my Sims to it as I will be checking out all the new building items, wallpapers and objects and using them in my lots in the older worlds (if possible).

In the meantime I will be scouring the Forum for info. about the City so that I can move some of my favourite Sims into appropriate parts of it.

Living in a city myself I prefer to play out of it.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I will probably start with a new game. I have an young married artist that I have not played in sometime. Eventually will try playing a legacy. I have been playing Sims 3 alot too.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    When it comes to generational saves, I recreated a family that I had in TS3. I played that for awhile, but grew bored of it because I was keeping myself from progressing (while awaiting more content).
    I made other saves, like one resembling my real life, and others that were based off of my books.

But then GT came around and I made a new generational save and that's what I've been playing since. So when CL comes around, I'll be moving my Sims from this save to San Myshuno, rather than creating a new save for it.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I am starting fresh, but I will be using all my current sims.
    I'll just plop them in the game from the gallery. There are two households that have children, despite my ban on sims starting families until we get toddlers. I am not sure if I will be moving those two to San Myshuno.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    Well this has got me thinking. I have never ever made a new save - I have been playing the same one since I startedv Sim 4. Is this bad? Does it affect performance? I don't like going back to the beginning, I'm very attached to all my different generations often descended from the pre-mades and it would feel odd taking them to a new save (I wouldn't want Don Lothario flirting with his great great great great great granddaughter for eg!)

That said, I have a lot of 'dead wood' as I call them - sims I got bored of playing who just kind of hang around waiting for me to be interested in them again. Plus I've kind of reached the point where I need the new EP to land as all the Sims I've got earmarked to move to the city are ready to go. Setting up a new save would give me something to do for the next few weeks.

In short, does playing continuously in one save for, well, years now make things problematic with game performance/stability? (No signs of issues yet).

If I were to add sims to the gallery and then place them in the new save, would they have relationships with each other - for example would grandparents still have a relationship with their grandchildren if I moved their 2 seperate households into the new save?

Thanks in advance for answers.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2016
    More than likely - I have a brother and sister who live together in Oasis Springs. I'll start a new game and use them again - and I'll probably take a few of the townies I created along with them.

I'll probably edit all of the pre-existing townies in San Myshuno as well (I keep their faces the same - just adding different clothing, hair, skins etc).
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    I will do both. I have a couple households that will move to the city and I also plan to start a couple of new households.
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    Well this has got me thinking. I have never ever made a new save - I have been playing the same one since I startedv Sim 4. Is this bad? Does it affect performance? I don't like going back to the beginning, I'm very attached to all my different generations often descended from the pre-mades and it would feel odd taking them to a new save (I wouldn't want Don Lothario flirting with his great great great great great granddaughter for eg!)

That said, I have a lot of 'dead wood' as I call them - sims I got bored of playing who just kind of hang around waiting for me to be interested in them again. Plus I've kind of reached the point where I need the new EP to land as all the Sims I've got earmarked to move to the city are ready to go. Setting up a new save would give me something to do for the next few weeks.

In short, does playing continuously in one save for, well, years now make things problematic with game performance/stability? (No signs of issues yet).

If I were to add sims to the gallery and then place them in the new save, would they have relationships with each other - for example would grandparents still have a relationship with their grandchildren if I moved their 2 seperate households into the new save?

Thanks in advance for answers.

I've been playing the same save for two years and haven't noticed any performance issues. Not sure about the relationship status when moving families to the gallery.